Melba's Jammin'

Default Just for the halibut

Been some conversation about halibut the last couple days and this was
in my email this morning. FWIW.

* Exported from MasterCook Mac *

Halibut wth Cucumber Dill Sauce

Recipe By : Posted to rec.food.cooking by Barb Schaller 4-11-05
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Entrees

4 halibut fillets, ~6 oz each
salt and pepper to taste
Lemon Butter
1/2 pound butter
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest - minced
Dill Sauce
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons fresh dill
1/2 cup cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced

Preheat oven to 400°F. Make Lemon Butter: Melt butter in saucepan and
slowly whisk in fresh lemon juice and zest to combine.

Dill Sauce: Whip the sour cream until smooth and creamy to break up
lumps. Add mayonnaise, dill, and diced cucumbers. Refrigerate until
needed.

Place halibut in baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Baste
halibut with lemon butter. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until fish is done
in center.

Remove halibut from oven and ladle dill sauce over fish. Place under
broiler until lightly golden brown, 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. Transfer
halibut to a serving dish and garnish with cucumber slices.
Source: Kincaid's email 4-11-05
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
_____
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Cam Ranh Bay food added 4-8-05.
Sam I Am! updated 4-9-05.
Noises Off

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Been some conversation about halibut the last couple days and this was
> in my email this morning. FWIW.

This newsgroup is not the plaice for dreadful fish puns.

Noises Off

sf

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 17:22:51 +0100, Noises Off wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Been some conversation about halibut the last couple days and this was
> > in my email this morning. FWIW.

> This newsgroup is not the plaice for dreadful fish puns.

The saying is old and you're new.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Noises Off
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Been some conversation about halibut the last couple days and this was
> > in my email this morning. FWIW.

> This newsgroup is not the plaice for dreadful fish puns.
>
> Noises Off

Shame on you! LOL!!
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Cam Ranh Bay food added 4-8-05.
Sam I Am! updated 4-9-05.
Damsel in dis Dress

A little birdie told me that Melba's Jammin' >
said:

>Halibut wth Cucumber Dill Sauce

Whoo-hoo! We have everything on hand, except fresh dill and fresh lemons.
I usually cheat on those ingredients, anyway. There! I said it! LOL!

I think I'm gonna give this a whirl. Thanks for posting it, Barb!

Carol
--
Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon

Damsel in dis Dress

A little birdie told me that Noises Off
> said:

>This newsgroup is not the plaice for dreadful fish puns.

How about raspberries?

Carol
--
Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon
Sheldon

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> A little birdie told me that Noises Off
> > said:
>
> >This newsgroup is not the plaice for dreadful fish puns.

> How about raspberries?

I love raspberries on my halibut... that's how you get head soup. :P

Sheldon Lent ><}}}}}}}}}>

BOB

Noises Off wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> Been some conversation about halibut the last couple days and this
>> was in my email this morning. FWIW.

> This newsgroup is not the plaice for dreadful fish puns.
>
> Noises Off

Phggttthhhhh

BOB

BOB

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> A little birdie told me that Noises Off
> > said:
>
>> This newsgroup is not the plaice for dreadful fish puns.

> How about raspberries?

I think that's what I said...
;-)

BOB

BOB

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Been some conversation about halibut the last couple days and this
> was
> in my email this morning. FWIW.
>
> * Exported from MasterCook Mac *
>
> Halibut wth Cucumber Dill Sauce
>
> Recipe By : Posted to rec.food.cooking by Barb Schaller 4-11-05

All these fish threads you're starting...You're not trolling are you?
;-)

BOB

Damsel in dis Dress

A little birdie told me that "Sheldon" > said:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> A little birdie told me that Noises Off
>> > said:
>>
>> >This newsgroup is not the plaice for dreadful fish puns.

>> How about raspberries?

>I love raspberries on my halibut... that's how you get head soup. :P
>
>Sheldon Lent ><}}}}}}}}}>

You're so bad! I was actually talking about the Bronx cheer type of
raspberries. <EG>

Carol
--
Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon
Damsel in dis Dress

A little birdie told me that " BOB" > said:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> A little birdie told me that Noises Off
>> > said:
>>
>>> This newsgroup is not the plaice for dreadful fish puns.

>> How about raspberries?
>>

>I think that's what I said...
>;-)

Yeppers! I couldn't remember how to spell it at the time, but I believe I
use Pflbt or something similar.

Too funny! My spell checker wants to change pflbt to colby. LOL!

Carol
--
Coming at you live, from beautiful Lake Woebegon
Damsel in dis Dress

A little birdie told me that " BOB" > said:

>All these fish threads you're starting...You're not trolling are you?
>;-)

Bodda-BING!
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, " BOB"
> wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > Been some conversation about halibut the last couple days and this
> > was
> > in my email this morning. FWIW.
> >
> > * Exported from MasterCook Mac *
> >
> > Halibut wth Cucumber Dill Sauce
> >
> > Recipe By : Posted to rec.food.cooking by Barb Schaller 4-11-05

> All these fish threads you're starting...You're not trolling are you?
> ;-)
>
> BOB

Yuk yuk. :-P Here I thought I was being so subtle. Kinda looks
that way, doesn't it? Nah, I'm just trying to eat better - and that
includes fishies. This halibut thing came in today's email from
Kincaid's, a local bigshot restaurant. There was some mention of
halibut in one of the threads and.. . . it seemed like a fit.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Cam Ranh Bay food added 4-8-05.
Sam I Am! updated 4-9-05.
aem

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> [snip]
> This halibut thing came in today's email from
> Kincaid's, a local bigshot restaurant. There was some mention of
> halibut in one of the threads and.. . . it seemed like a fit.
> --

Indeed. It looks like a more sophisticated riff on the Alaskan standby
I posted. I'm definitely going to try it. -aem

Jeff Bienstadt

BOB wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> Been some conversation about halibut the last couple days and this
>> was
>> in my email this morning. FWIW.
>>
>> * Exported from MasterCook Mac *
>>
>> Halibut wth Cucumber Dill Sauce
>>
>> Recipe By : Posted to rec.food.cooking by Barb Schaller 4-11-05

> All these fish threads you're starting...You're not trolling are you?
> ;-)

Well, you went for it --- hook, line, and... oh, never mind.

---jkb

--
"Grandma taught me never to judge a species by their eating habits."
-- Commander Tucker

Sheldon

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> A little birdie told me that "Sheldon" > said:
>
> >Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> >> A little birdie told me that Noises Off

> >> How about raspberries?

> >I love raspberries on my halibut... that's how you get head soup. :P
> >
> >Sheldon Lent ><}}}}}}}}}>

> You're so bad! I was actually talking about the Bronx cheer type of
> raspberries. <EG>

Um, me too! <G>

Halibut Evelyn Diabetic 30 25-06-2010 12:40 AM
Halibut Peppermint Patootie Diabetic 0 03-06-2010 06:17 PM
A new take on halibut...what do you think? Nexis General Cooking 0 08-08-2006 05:21 AM
Halibut limey General Cooking 21 31-01-2005 06:59 PM