Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default s*** on a shingle

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> Not really...
>
> If you have never seen a terminal Alzheimer's patient...
>
> You would understand that sometimes death can be a blessing. :-(

Think the trouble is, at the time Jill posted her 'can't wait'..."I'll
inherit"... no one was aware of her Dad's Alzheimer's.
Just the fact she couldn't wait - which seemed awfully harsh.

Now we know, it's a different matter all together. (Inheritance issues
aside)
Just hope she is anxious for him (and her Mum) to be out of their
misery (and NOT just what she'll get as the result of his passing).

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"
Still sad at the passing of a 92 year old friend of the family who was

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Om replied to -L replying to Jill:

>>> I can't wait until my father dies. Then I get all his guns and medals
>>> and war memorobilia. Woo hoo!

>> Ok, that's just sick.

> Not really...
>
> If you have never seen a terminal Alzheimer's patient...
>
> You would understand that sometimes death can be a blessing. :-(
>
> It's gotta be pretty rough for Jill right now.
> She's just trying to cope and I know she does not really mean that.
> Psychological pain does weird things to people. Put yourself in her
> place.

Jill's looking on the bright side of life, just as Monty Python teaches!

"Always Look On The Bright Side of Life" is a song from "Monty Python's
Life of Brian," sung in the movie by three people being crucified. You can
listen to a censored version of the song [they bleep out the word "shit"] at
http://www.thebards.net/music/lyrics...ide_Life.shtml

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life" is a song from "Monty Python's
> Life of Brian," sung in the movie by three people being crucified. You can
> listen to a censored version of the song [they bleep out the word "shit"] at
> http://www.thebards.net/music/lyrics...ide_Life.shtml
>

> Bob

should we send this link across to Jim Davis so his grandkids can
benefit from a special 'censored' version?

Didn't think so either.

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

LadyJane wrote:

> Think the trouble is, at the time Jill posted her 'can't wait'..."I'll
> inherit"... no one was aware of her Dad's Alzheimer's.

I didn't but it doesn't really matter. Undergoing hardship of a sick
parent is difficult but FFS don't *wish* them dead. She's posted
multiple times that she thinks he's an asshole (paraphrasing).

> Just the fact she couldn't wait - which seemed awfully harsh.

A. She can't wait until he's dead, and
B. She wants all his war crap.

Both are *sick*.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Weird nicknames for recipes (was shit on a shingle)

On 2006-07-30, Bob Terwilliger > wrote:
> Pets de Nonne (Nun's Farts)
> Maiden's Drool
> Elephant Ears
> Strozzapreti (Priest Stranglers)

Lotsa good candidates in Pat O'Brians books:

drowned baby
figgy-dowdy
frumenty
bashed neeps
dog's nose
skillygalee
dog's body
short *******s
portable soup
syllyabub

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L wrote:

> A. She can't wait until he's dead, and
> B. She wants all his war crap.
>
> Both are *sick*.

Since I cited a song for Jill earlier tonight, here's one for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp8i5...arch=inu-yasha

(No need to thank me; the good deed alone is my reward.)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"-L." > wrote in message
ps.com...

> LadyJane wrote:
> >

> > Think the trouble is, at the time Jill posted her 'can't wait'..."I'll
> > inherit"... no one was aware of her Dad's Alzheimer's.

> I didn't but it doesn't really matter. Undergoing hardship of a sick
> parent is difficult but FFS don't *wish* them dead. She's posted
> multiple times that she thinks he's an asshole (paraphrasing).
>

> > Just the fact she couldn't wait - which seemed awfully harsh.

> A. She can't wait until he's dead, and
> B. She wants all his war crap.
>
> Both are *sick*.

She appears to me to be stuck in some sort of pre-pubescent state. Still
thinks she is a little princess. Feels entitled to lots she has not earned.

I see this a lot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"LadyJane" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > Not really...
> >
> > If you have never seen a terminal Alzheimer's patient...
> >
> > You would understand that sometimes death can be a blessing. :-(

> Think the trouble is, at the time Jill posted her 'can't wait'..."I'll
> inherit"... no one was aware of her Dad's Alzheimer's.
> Just the fact she couldn't wait - which seemed awfully harsh.
>
> Now we know, it's a different matter all together. (Inheritance issues
> aside)
> Just hope she is anxious for him (and her Mum) to be out of their
> misery (and NOT just what she'll get as the result of his passing).
>
> LadyJane

I give her a bit more credit than that. :-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 22:59:20 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > You would understand that sometimes death can be a blessing. :-(

> Not to mention all those things Jill stands to inherit, according
> to her words.
>
> Sounds like if she had to weigh the inheritance up against death,
> the inheritance would win.
>
> Strange.
>
> -sw

Not when you are suffering...

I think I've come to know Jill well enough here that I don't feel she
really meant what she said.

She's hurting.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> -L wrote:
>
> > A. She can't wait until he's dead, and
> > B. She wants all his war crap.
> >
> > Both are *sick*.

> Since I cited a song for Jill earlier tonight, here's one for you:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp8i5...arch=inu-yasha
>
> (No need to thank me; the good deed alone is my reward.)
>
> Bob

Very nice.....

But then, I do like Anime'.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Kate Connally > wrote:

> Spotted Dick
> Fly Cakes
> Shoofly Pie
> Bubble and Squeak
> Galloping Horses
> Poor Knights
> Lips of the Beauty
> Hushpuppies
> Trifle
> Angel's Double Chin
> Turtles
> Baked Alaska
> Monkey Bread
> Nun's Breasts
> Flannelcakes
> Hoppin' John
> Burgoo
> Tote Oma (Dead Granny)
> S'Mores
> Bangers
> Dublin Lawyer
> Angel's on Horseback
> Flummery
> Star-gazy Pit
> Love in Disguise
> Twice Laid
> Singin' Hinnies
> Solomon Grundy
> Petticoat Tails
>
> Many mixed drinks have unusual names, too numerous to
> mention, but gotta mention my favorite, the Blowjob.
>
> Kate

That's quite a list! :-)
I'll have to google some of those as I've never heard of them!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2006-07-30, Bob Terwilliger > wrote:
> > Pets de Nonne (Nun's Farts)
> > Maiden's Drool
> > Elephant Ears
> > Strozzapreti (Priest Stranglers)

> Lotsa good candidates in Pat O'Brians books:
>
> drowned baby
> figgy-dowdy
> frumenty
> bashed neeps
> dog's nose
> skillygalee
> dog's body
> short *******s
> portable soup
> syllyabub
>

> nb

Okay, so what ARE these delicacies? :-)
I imagine "Bashed neeps" are mashed turnips?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote

> I think I've come to know Jill well enough here that I don't feel she
> really meant what she said.

Honestly. Jill doesn't need me fighting her battles, that's for
sure, but do people here *REALLY* think she's itching to get
her hands on old medals or whatever? Come on. Read between
the lines.

At any rate, her father sounds as if he's in the ****ed off stage of
Alz. Friggin disease makes you appreciate a nice sudden heart attack.
Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that would be my preference.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >,
> notbob > wrote:
>
>> On 2006-07-30, Bob Terwilliger > wrote:
>>> Pets de Nonne (Nun's Farts)
>>> Maiden's Drool
>>> Elephant Ears
>>> Strozzapreti (Priest Stranglers)

>> Lotsa good candidates in Pat O'Brians books:
>>
>> drowned baby
>> figgy-dowdy
>> frumenty
>> bashed neeps
>> dog's nose
>> skillygalee
>> dog's body
>> short *******s
>> portable soup
>> syllyabub
>>

>> nb

> Okay, so what ARE these delicacies? :-)
> I imagine "Bashed neeps" are mashed turnips?

I know a few of these. "Bashed neeps" is actually mashed swede (rutabaga)
with butter.
frumenty is a barley and mild pudding.
syllabub is a deliciously light and creamy confection -

http://www.hookerycookery.com/xmas030.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
>
> > I think I've come to know Jill well enough here that I don't feel she
> > really meant what she said.

> Honestly. Jill doesn't need me fighting her battles, that's for
> sure, but do people here *REALLY* think she's itching to get
> her hands on old medals or whatever? Come on. Read between
> the lines.
>
> At any rate, her father sounds as if he's in the ****ed off stage of
> Alz. Friggin disease makes you appreciate a nice sudden heart attack.
> Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that would be my preference.
>
> nancy

Indeed...

Some of you know that I work in health care.

It can be "enlightening".
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Ophelia" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > notbob > wrote:

> >> Lotsa good candidates in Pat O'Brians books:
> >>
> >> drowned baby
> >> figgy-dowdy
> >> frumenty
> >> bashed neeps
> >> dog's nose
> >> skillygalee
> >> dog's body
> >> short *******s
> >> portable soup
> >> syllyabub
> >>

> >> nb

> > Okay, so what ARE these delicacies? :-)
> > I imagine "Bashed neeps" are mashed turnips?

> I know a few of these. "Bashed neeps" is actually mashed swede (rutabaga)
> with butter.
> frumenty is a barley and mild pudding.
> syllabub is a deliciously light and creamy confection -
>
> http://www.hookerycookery.com/xmas030.htm

Thanks O,!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Ophelia" > wrote:

> >> syllyabub
> >>

> >> nb

> > Okay, so what ARE these delicacies? :-)
> > I imagine "Bashed neeps" are mashed turnips?

> I know a few of these. "Bashed neeps" is actually mashed swede (rutabaga)
> with butter.
> frumenty is a barley and mild pudding.
> syllabub is a deliciously light and creamy confection -
>
> http://www.hookerycookery.com/xmas030.htm

I saved that to disk.... :-)

Lemon is one of my favorite flavors and that sounds wonderful!
I wonder tho' if it's be possible to make it sugar free?
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-07-30, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

>> Lotsa good candidates in Pat O'Brians books:
>>
>> drowned baby (boiled baby) = suet pudding
>> figgy-dowdy = plum pudding from ship´s biscuit
>> frumenty = another pudding, made w/ cracked wheat, eggs, cream, rum
>> bashed neeps = mashed turnips
>> dog's nose = spiced beer
>> skillygalee = thin oatmeal gruel
>> dog's body = pease pudding
>> short *******s = pain btard = french bread
>> portable soup = forerunner of the bullion cube
>> syllyabub = wine/milk punch

Recipes for these and others are from Lobscouse[1] & Spotted Dog[2], a
companion cookbook to the Aubrey/Maturin series.

[1] basically, corned beef hash
[2] the much joked about Spotted Dick, yet another suet/flour pudding
dotted w/ currents or raisins

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, notbob > wrote:
>On 2006-07-30, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
>>> Lotsa good candidates in Pat O'Brians books:
>>>
>>> drowned baby (boiled baby) = suet pudding
>>> figgy-dowdy = plum pudding from ship´s biscuit
>>> frumenty = another pudding, made w/ cracked wheat, eggs, cream, rum
>>> bashed neeps = mashed turnips
>>> dog's nose = spiced beer
>>> skillygalee = thin oatmeal gruel
>>> dog's body = pease pudding
>>> short *******s = pain btard = french bread
>>> portable soup = forerunner of the bullion cube
>>> syllyabub = wine/milk punch

>Recipes for these and others are from Lobscouse[1] & Spotted Dog[2], a
>companion cookbook to the Aubrey/Maturin series.
>
>[1] basically, corned beef hash
>[2] the much joked about Spotted Dick, yet another suet/flour pudding
> dotted w/ currents or raisins

Toad in the Hole -- pork snags in batter.
Recipe: <http://www.thatsmyhome.com/links/toad.htm>

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Phred" > wrote in message
> In article >, notbob
> > wrote:

>>Recipes for these and others are from Lobscouse[1] & Spotted Dog[2], a
>>companion cookbook to the Aubrey/Maturin series.
>>
>>[1] basically, corned beef hash
>>[2] the much joked about Spotted Dick, yet another suet/flour pudding
>> dotted w/ currents or raisins

> Toad in the Hole -- pork snags in batter.
> Recipe: <http://www.thatsmyhome.com/links/toad.htm>

We use pork sausage in batter I don't know what a 'snag' is

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message

>> > Okay, so what ARE these delicacies? :-)
>> > I imagine "Bashed neeps" are mashed turnips?

>> I know a few of these. "Bashed neeps" is actually mashed swede
>> (rutabaga)
>> with butter.
>> frumenty is a barley and mild pudding.
>> syllabub is a deliciously light and creamy confection -
>>
>> http://www.hookerycookery.com/xmas030.htm

> I saved that to disk.... :-)
>
> Lemon is one of my favorite flavors and that sounds wonderful!
> I wonder tho' if it's be possible to make it sugar free?

never tried but if you do please let me know

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
notbob > wrote:

> On 2006-07-30, OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
> >> Lotsa good candidates in Pat O'Brians books:
> >>
> >> drowned baby (boiled baby) = suet pudding
> >> figgy-dowdy = plum pudding from ship´s biscuit
> >> frumenty = another pudding, made w/ cracked wheat, eggs, cream, rum
> >> bashed neeps = mashed turnips
> >> dog's nose = spiced beer
> >> skillygalee = thin oatmeal gruel
> >> dog's body = pease pudding
> >> short *******s = pain btard = french bread
> >> portable soup = forerunner of the bullion cube
> >> syllyabub = wine/milk punch

> Recipes for these and others are from Lobscouse[1] & Spotted Dog[2], a
> companion cookbook to the Aubrey/Maturin series.
>
> [1] basically, corned beef hash
> [2] the much joked about Spotted Dick, yet another suet/flour pudding
> dotted w/ currents or raisins
>
> nb

Thanks! :-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Ophelia" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message

> >> I know a few of these. "Bashed neeps" is actually mashed swede
> >> (rutabaga)
> >> with butter.
> >> frumenty is a barley and mild pudding.
> >> syllabub is a deliciously light and creamy confection -
> >>
> >> http://www.hookerycookery.com/xmas030.htm

> > I saved that to disk.... :-)
> >
> > Lemon is one of my favorite flavors and that sounds wonderful!
> > I wonder tho' if it's be possible to make it sugar free?

> never tried but if you do please let me know

Hm.

One of the problems with a lot of sweets is that the sugar provides
texture. The trick is to find a low or non carb substitute.

I love lemon bars but have not tried yet to make a low carb version.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> (No need to thank me; the good deed alone is my reward.)
>
> Bob

I don't click unknown links from newsgroups.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul Q wrote:

> Well the rent's due and, whenever Jill's father denies her latest plea
> for money he's an asshole with Alzheimer's supported by the Freezer
> Queen mom. Conversely, if she gets the handout, then he's just the most
> adorable thing in existence. Jill plays out this same scenario with
> regularity; it should be obvious to anyone who has been paying
> attention. The bottom line is that the responsibility for the miserable
> life Jill has made for herself is hers alone.
>
> Paul

She's always said he is an asshole but yet, spouts this glorification
of his service as if he's worthy of canonization or something.

Strange indeed.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> Not really...
>
> If you have never seen a terminal Alzheimer's patient...
>
> You would understand that sometimes death can be a blessing. :-(

Don't assume I haven't...or anyone else for that matter.
My Grandfather lived with us because no nursing home could handle him,
and he nearly killed me when I was 6. I still didn't wish him dead.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L. wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > Get over it. I have. In fact, I can't wait until my father dies. Then I
> > get all his guns and medals and war memorobilia. Woo hoo!

> Ok, that's just sick.

Truly makes one wonder who is diseased.

http://www.alsirat.com/deathlore/worms.html

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"-L." > wrote:

> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> > (No need to thank me; the good deed alone is my reward.)
> >
> > Bob

> I don't click unknown links from newsgroups.
>
> -L.

Your loss this time. :-)
It was well worth it!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"-L." > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> > Not really...
> >
> > If you have never seen a terminal Alzheimer's patient...
> >
> > You would understand that sometimes death can be a blessing. :-(

> Don't assume I haven't...or anyone else for that matter.
> My Grandfather lived with us because no nursing home could handle him,
> and he nearly killed me when I was 6. I still didn't wish him dead.
>
> -L.

Then you had no compassion.
A child of 6 is incapable.

As I said above, death is not always a bad thing.

If _I_ ever get severe Alzhiemers and lose my mind,
I pray to goddess that somebody has the mercy to put me out of my misery!

I sure as hell don't want to live like that.......

My father has expressed the same wishes.

Not that I could actually do it. <sigh>
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L wrote:

> I don't click unknown links from newsgroups.

You've never heard of youtube? Are you stuck in 2003? :-)

The link wasn't disguised in any way, and youtube is fairly well-known as a
benign video server.

Oh wait, do you have ~patches~ syndrome, believing that if you click on a
link you've never visited before that evil government agents will stalk you
with some unspecified nefarious purpose in mind?

I tell you what, just go to www.youtube.com, enter "sickness disturbed" in
the search box, and play any of the first dozen videos which the search
returns. Won't be as cute as the one I selected, but then again, you DESERVE
to miss out, because of your paranoid attitude.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L. wrote:

> and he nearly killed me when I was 6.

I suspect that's the reaction that most people have had to you during your
life...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L.blathers:

She's posted
> multiple times that she thinks he's an asshole (paraphrasing).

Uh, no, luv -- that would be Y - O - U ...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article . net>,
> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote:
>
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

yourself...because

> > > <lol>

> > Lol...looks like -L there needs a hug, Om...
> >
> > ;-p

> Or reciprocation on the BJ....... <eg>

Another reason I'm glad I'm queer...

;o)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article .com>,
> "-L." > wrote:
>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Get over it. I have. In fact, I can't wait until my father dies.
>>> Then I get all his guns and medals and war memorobilia. Woo hoo!

>> Ok, that's just sick.
>>
>> -L.

> Not really...
>
> If you have never seen a terminal Alzheimer's patient...
>
> You would understand that sometimes death can be a blessing. :-(
>
> It's gotta be pretty rough for Jill right now.
> She's just trying to cope and I know she does not really mean that.
> Psychological pain does weird things to people. Put yourself in her
> place.

I'm only stating what he told me. He told me I get all his medals,
commendations and his guns. Did I ask for this? No, I did not. Do I want
these things? No. I want my father back. That's not going to happen.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

LadyJane wrote:
> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
>> Not really...
>>
>> If you have never seen a terminal Alzheimer's patient...
>>
>> You would understand that sometimes death can be a blessing. :-(

> Think the trouble is, at the time Jill posted her 'can't wait'..."I'll
> inherit"... no one was aware of her Dad's Alzheimer's.
> Just the fact she couldn't wait - which seemed awfully harsh.
>
> Now we know, it's a different matter all together. (Inheritance issues
> aside)
> Just hope she is anxious for him (and her Mum) to be out of their
> misery (and NOT just what she'll get as the result of his passing).
>
> LadyJane

I don't give a crap about inheritance. I'll be happy for my mother to not
have to deal with a man who wants to drive a car when he can barely get
around his own yard without getting lost.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> As I said above, death is not always a bad thing.

Wishing someone dead is.

I'm not going to go into detail about what my family suffered ath the
hands of my Grandfather but I can tell you one thing: My Mother never
once wished him dead.

I think Jill is the one who needs a lesson in compassion.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

-L. wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> > As I said above, death is not always a bad thing.

> Wishing someone dead is.

Utter nonsense...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow" > wrote in
message k.net...

> -L. wrote:
>
> > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > >
> > > As I said above, death is not always a bad thing.

> > Wishing someone dead is.

> Utter nonsense...

That you can say this with such authority is all the proof I need (as if I
needed more) that you are a pompous ass.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"-L." > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Wishing someone dead is.

I have to agree, this is abhorrent to me. I have an Evil Sister. Truly
Evil. Malicious Evil. I Am Not Exaggerating Evil. (I have seen her once
since I was age 15 (when I was 25) because my mother insisted.

I have gone as far as saying that the world would be a better place
if she fell off the face of the earth--but stopped just short of wishing
her dead.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> I have to agree, this is abhorrent to me. I have an Evil Sister. Truly
> Evil. Malicious Evil. I Am Not Exaggerating Evil. (I have seen her once
> since I was age 15 (when I was 25) because my mother insisted.
>
> I have gone as far as saying that the world would be a better place
> if she fell off the face of the earth--but stopped just short of wishing
> her dead.

Well, in light of the fact that the guy hands her cash on a regular
basis, offered to buy her a house, and god-knows-what-else, seems to me
she's nothing but a 40-something year-old, ungrateful, spoiled brat.

But hey - we only know what's posted on Usenet, right?

I just have little tolerance for those who disrespect their parents.
Usually it's some grown-up brat who doesn't like what Mom and Dad have
to say about their lifestyle. Unless one was sodomoized on a regular
basis (or similar), I think parents demand respect simply because they
*are* one's parents - and parents are human just like eveybody else.
At least one should have the decency not to wish them dead, publicly.

-L.