Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chili Mixes

I used to use Wick Fowler's 2-Alarm chili mix until it became hard to find
locally. I now use Carroll Shelby's.

Are these two companies related? I notice the Shelby web site offers
Fowler's mixes for sale as well as its own. Are the two mixes the same?
They surely look like it except for the outside wrapper. Same little
packages, etc.

Are there any better mixes available?

Ken

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 01:12:27 GMT, "kenkozak" >
wrote:

>I used to use Wick Fowler's 2-Alarm chili mix until it became hard to find
>locally. I now use Carroll Shelby's.
>
>Are these two companies related? I notice the Shelby web site offers
>Fowler's mixes for sale as well as its own. Are the two mixes the same?
>They surely look like it except for the outside wrapper. Same little
>packages, etc.
>
>Are there any better mixes available?
>
>Ken

Haven't seen Tabasco's jarred version in a long time either. What is
different may be the ingredients in the pouches - especially the chili
powder blend. I use Shelby's every so often.

jim

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kenkozak > wrote:
>I used to use Wick Fowler's 2-Alarm chili mix until it became hard to find
>locally. I now use Carroll Shelby's.

All I can think of right now is that Shelby's needs a slogan
about how fast it makes you go.

--Blair
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kenkozak" > wrote:

> I used to use Wick Fowler's 2-Alarm chili mix until it became hard to find
> locally. I now use Carroll Shelby's.
>
> Are these two companies related? I notice the Shelby web site offers
> Fowler's mixes for sale as well as its own. Are the two mixes the same?
> They surely look like it except for the outside wrapper. Same little
> packages, etc.
>
> Are there any better mixes available?

Check the labels. When in doubt, call the company to ask.

Soup mixes? KenK General Cooking 23 02-08-2015 08:42 PM
Spice mixes Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 29 28-10-2014 09:58 PM
Drink mixes from the 60's R. Fizek Historic 3 11-10-2007 03:14 AM
Delonghi Mixes So'n'so Cooking Equipment 0 09-06-2007 12:36 AM
best daquiri and marg. mixes?? Jan[_5_] Baking 0 29-05-2007 03:58 PM