Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tomato Sauce or Paste

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> Okay, I've gone through the cabinets. For some reason I stock a lot of
> tomato paste. Never do I have enough tomato sauce or diced tomatoes. Is
> there a way to make tomato sauce out of paste? I'm sure it's a st00pid
> question but I'm asking anyway. A pizza thread got me to thinking about
> it.

Tomato paste is pure tomato with nothing added, only some 75% of its
water has been removed. To make tomato sauce from tomato paste simply
add water until it is of a consistancy you like and season to your
liking. To make natural tomato juice from tomato paste add 4 cans
water, 1 can vodka, and appropriate seasonings to taste.

Sheldon