Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spiral like shrimp

Hello,

I've eaten a couple of dishes where the shrimps are thin and twisted -
almost like spiral pasta. A cool effect, and great for "bite size"
shrimp in pasta. Does anyone know how the restaurant does this?

I'm guessing they may just split the shrimp straight through (like
butterflying, but cutting the shrimp in half) and it will do this on
its own.

ANy thoughts?

Karl

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've eaten a couple of dishes where the shrimps are thin and twisted -
> almost like spiral pasta. A cool effect, and great for "bite size"
> shrimp in pasta. Does anyone know how the restaurant does this?
>
> I'm guessing they may just split the shrimp straight through (like
> butterflying, but cutting the shrimp in half) and it will do this on
> its own.
>
> ANy thoughts?
>
> Karl

it would depend on the size of the shrimp. technically speaking shrimp
are sold and grouped into sizes such as 16/20 or 90/110. deciphered all
this means is how many shrimp on average per pound, it would mean 16 to
20 per pound etc...of course the smaller shrimp (as others) have lay
persons names as well. ie the 90/110 are also considered "salad shrimp"

Grizzman
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Grizzman wrote:
> Karl wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've eaten a couple of dishes where the shrimps are thin and twisted -
> > almost like spiral pasta. A cool effect, and great for "bite size"
> > shrimp in pasta. Does anyone know how the restaurant does this?
> >
> > I'm guessing they may just split the shrimp straight through (like
> > butterflying, but cutting the shrimp in half) and it will do this on
> > its own.
> >
> > ANy thoughts?
> >
> > Karl
> >

> it would depend on the size of the shrimp. technically speaking shrimp
> are sold and grouped into sizes such as 16/20 or 90/110. deciphered all
> this means is how many shrimp on average per pound, it would mean 16 to
> 20 per pound etc...of course the smaller shrimp (as others) have lay
> persons names as well. ie the 90/110 are also considered "salad shrimp"
>

> Grizzman

Except for the word shrimp, what does this have to do with the question
at hand?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Grizzman wrote:
> Karl wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've eaten a couple of dishes where the shrimps are thin and twisted -
> > almost like spiral pasta. A cool effect, and great for "bite size"
> > shrimp in pasta. Does anyone know how the restaurant does this?
> >
> > I'm guessing they may just split the shrimp straight through (like
> > butterflying, but cutting the shrimp in half) and it will do this on
> > its own.
> >
> > ANy thoughts?
> >
> > Karl
> >

> it would depend on the size of the shrimp. technically speaking shrimp
> are sold and grouped into sizes such as 16/20 or 90/110. deciphered all
> this means is how many shrimp on average per pound, it would mean 16 to
> 20 per pound etc...of course the smaller shrimp (as others) have lay
> persons names as well. ie the 90/110 are also considered "salad shrimp"

Huh? You need to learn how to read with comprehension.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> Grizzman wrote:
>> Karl wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've eaten a couple of dishes where the shrimps are thin and twisted -
>>> almost like spiral pasta. A cool effect, and great for "bite size"
>>> shrimp in pasta. Does anyone know how the restaurant does this?
>>>
>>> I'm guessing they may just split the shrimp straight through (like
>>> butterflying, but cutting the shrimp in half) and it will do this on
>>> its own.
>>>
>>> ANy thoughts?
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>> it would depend on the size of the shrimp. technically speaking shrimp
>> are sold and grouped into sizes such as 16/20 or 90/110. deciphered all
>> this means is how many shrimp on average per pound, it would mean 16 to
>> 20 per pound etc...of course the smaller shrimp (as others) have lay
>> persons names as well. ie the 90/110 are also considered "salad shrimp"
>>

>> Grizzman

> Except for the word shrimp, what does this have to do with the question
> at hand?

its pretty self explanatory, the size if the shrimp will make a
difference, as the smaller shrimp will not "spiral" but they curl round.
and going back through my sent folder i see that somehow the other
part of my post must have got deleted b4 i sent it(i have been having
issues with thunderbird, no not thew wine the email reader). i also said
that it may been frozen like that as well. sorry to confuse you mr
moderator...

Grizzman

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Grizzman wrote:
>> Karl wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've eaten a couple of dishes where the shrimps are thin and twisted -
>>> almost like spiral pasta. A cool effect, and great for "bite size"
>>> shrimp in pasta. Does anyone know how the restaurant does this?
>>>
>>> I'm guessing they may just split the shrimp straight through (like
>>> butterflying, but cutting the shrimp in half) and it will do this on
>>> its own.
>>>
>>> ANy thoughts?
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>> it would depend on the size of the shrimp. technically speaking shrimp
>> are sold and grouped into sizes such as 16/20 or 90/110. deciphered all
>> this means is how many shrimp on average per pound, it would mean 16 to
>> 20 per pound etc...of course the smaller shrimp (as others) have lay
>> persons names as well. ie the 90/110 are also considered "salad shrimp"

> Huh? You need to learn how to read with comprehension.
>
> Sheldon

you need to get off your mama and get a life

posted a minute ago

its pretty self explanatory, the size if the shrimp will make a
difference, as the smaller shrimp will not "spiral" but they curl round.
and going back through my sent folder i see that somehow the other
part of my post must have got deleted b4 i sent it(i have been having
issues with thunderbird, no not thew wine the email reader). i also said
that it may been frozen like that as well. sorry to confuse you mr
moderator...

Grizzman

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Grizzman wrote:
> wrote:
> > Grizzman wrote:

> >> it would depend on the size of the shrimp. technically speaking shrimp
> >> are sold and grouped into sizes such as 16/20 or 90/110. deciphered all
> >> this means is how many shrimp on average per pound, it would mean 16 to
> >> 20 per pound etc...of course the smaller shrimp (as others) have lay
> >> persons names as well. ie the 90/110 are also considered "salad shrimp"
> >>

> >> Grizzman

> > Except for the word shrimp, what does this have to do with the question
> > at hand?
> >

> its pretty self explanatory, the size if the shrimp will make a
> difference, as the smaller shrimp will not "spiral" but they curl round.
> and going back through my sent folder i see that somehow the other
> part of my post must have got deleted b4 i sent it(i have been having
> issues with thunderbird, no not thew wine the email reader). i also said
> that it may been frozen like that as well. sorry to confuse you mr
> moderator...
>

> Grizzman

Which was the "self explanatory" part?

Thanks,
-bwg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jizzboy spewed:
> Sheldon wrote:
> > Jizzboy spewed

> >> it would depend on the size of the shrimp. technically speaking shrimp
> >> are sold and grouped into sizes such as 16/20 or 90/110. deciphered all
> >> this means is how many shrimp on average per pound, it would mean 16 to
> >> 20 per pound etc...of course the smaller shrimp (as others) have lay
> >> persons names as well. ie the 90/110 are also considered "salad shrimp"

> > Huh? You need to learn how to read with comprehension.
> >

> you need to get off your mama and get a life

Um, that's YOUR moma.

> its pretty self explanatory.
> Jizzboy

Yeah, that you're a sleazebag, a worm, and a LIAR... JizzBOY!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karl" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hello,
>
> I've eaten a couple of dishes where the shrimps are thin and twisted -
> almost like spiral pasta. A cool effect, and great for "bite size"
> shrimp in pasta. Does anyone know how the restaurant does this?
>
> I'm guessing they may just split the shrimp straight through (like
> butterflying, but cutting the shrimp in half) and it will do this on
> its own.
>
> ANy thoughts?
>
> Karl

I think I understand what you mean by "spiral shirmp" and yes, they're
"created" by splitting the shrimp lengthwise as you would do for
butterflying. When they hit heat they kind of spiral up. It also is nice
when you don't want chunks of shrimp but nice bigger pieces that you can see
but you can't afford (or don't want to) to use bigger shrimp and more of
them.

I hope that made some sort of sense....

helen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Except for the word shrimp, what does this have to do with the question
>>> at hand?
>>>

>> its pretty self explanatory, the size if the shrimp will make a
>> difference, as the smaller shrimp will not "spiral" but they curl round.
>> and going back through my sent folder i see that somehow the other
>> part of my post must have got deleted b4 i sent it(i have been having
>> issues with thunderbird, no not thew wine the email reader). i also said
>> that it may been frozen like that as well. sorry to confuse you mr
>> moderator...
>>

>> Grizzman

> Which was the "self explanatory" part?
>
> Thanks,
> -bwg

the part that says "it would depend on the size of the shrimp"

Grizzman

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Jizzboy spewed:
>> Sheldon wrote:
>>> Jizzboy spewed

>>> Huh? You need to learn how to read with comprehension.
>>>

>> you need to get off your mama and get a life

> Um, that's YOUR moma.
>
>> its pretty self explanatory.
>> Jizzboy

> Yeah, that you're a sleazebag, a worm, and a LIAR... JizzBOY!

i didn't have a mama, me and my dad rented yours, the German Shepard
almost beat us to her, but he only had a quarter and we had 35 cents.

although, i am curious as to what i lied about? as for the sleaze bag,
well i can be one at times, after all we did rent your mother. worm?
hmmmmm now that is were your are reaching, it doesn't make any sense at
all. if you want to insult me you have to a shitload better, you horse
****ing, turd eating, *** burbing, incestuous, chick dicked, lover of
goats. a curse upon you!! may the fleas of a thousand camel infest your
crotch. say hello to your mommy sister and daddy uncle for me.

see, now that how ya do it!

jizzboy?? c'mon you can do better than that, can.t you?

as they say in Italy, La tua madre puzza di pesce. Leccare la figa La
sua mamma è come una bicicletta tutti prende un giro Va cacce la fregna
a tua madre

Your mom smells like fish, Son of a whore . Your mom is like a bike:
everyone gets a turn go shit on your mother's pussy

maybe one day i will tell you of my culinary and gastronomic travels of
Italy. thats when i learned to speak, read and write Italian. Its pretty
close to spanish but i then again you probably dont even know how to
order a taco at taco bell.

dont even bother to reply, not much you can really say...

Grizzman

? about spiral sliced hams zxcvbob General Cooking 9 27-05-2012 12:43 AM
Dizzy Spiral Sandwich T & J Bartimus Recipes (moderated) 0 03-11-2005 02:34 AM
Spiral-Sliced Ham from Sam's Club [email protected] General Cooking 3 15-12-2004 04:48 PM
spiral mixers Ellen Wickberg Sourdough 2 02-12-2003 08:30 PM
Spiral Hams mary General Cooking 17 22-11-2003 10:27 PM