Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default ciabatta bread without mixer, by hand?

Is it possible to make ciabatta bread without a mixer, doing it all by
hand? I have a fibrament (http://www.bakingstone.com/) cooking stone
and can do 550 with convection in my oven.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> Is it possible to make ciabatta bread without a mixer, doing it all by
> hand? I have a fibrament (
http://www.bakingstone.com/) cooking stone
> and can do 550 with convection in my oven.

Sure, I've done it. Any bread can be made by hand in small amounts.
Knead away.

--
Reg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Is it possible to make ciabatta bread without a mixer, doing it all by
> hand? I have a fibrament (http://www.bakingstone.com/) cooking stone
> and can do 550 with convection in my oven.

Do you think bread existed before electricity?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Is it possible to make ciabatta bread without a mixer, doing it all
>> by hand? I have a fibrament (http://www.bakingstone.com/) cooking
>> stone and can do 550 with convection in my oven.
>>

> Do you think bread existed before electricity?

LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> Is it possible to make ciabatta bread without a mixer, doing it all by
> hand?

Those are not hands, those are dough hooks.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

wrote:

>>Is it possible to make ciabatta bread without a mixer, doing it all by
>>hand?
>>

>Those are not hands, those are dough hooks.
>
>Sheldon

You know, for some reason I've started thinking of Edward Scissorhands.
I've had a genius idea. You could have a hand amputated and then you
could fit all sorts of useful attachments direct, like a dough hook or
scissors or a cheese grater - the possibilities are endless! No more
cutting your fingers, so much more hygienic, impossible to accidentally
pick your nose while cooking...

Christine

Bamix hand mixer Viviane Cooking Equipment 0 12-03-2011 02:54 AM
FS: Hand Crank Dough Mixer Jim Baking 0 23-07-2006 01:39 PM
Ciabatta bread in a home oven possible by hand? [email protected] Baking 2 29-05-2006 02:48 PM
Hand blender vs. hand mixer abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.sing Baking 2 08-12-2005 01:57 PM
hand mixer frustration Jeneen Sommers General Cooking 27 31-08-2005 11:21 PM