Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Bamix hand mixer

Anyone here use Bamix? Do you have problems with it? We bought one a year
or so ago to replace a Braun hand blender, beater, chopper etc. I find the
Bamix is great for small quantities of chopping (bread crumbs, parmesan)
but useless for the hand beater stuff - making sauces etc. The blender
attachment falls off, which then means fishing it out of something sticky or
oily. It is hard to wash as you can't take it apart to put it thro the
dishwasher. The manual says to rinse it under hot water but I don't think
that's enough after using it. In addition, it won't create a smooth batter
etc.

So, I think I'm now going to need to buy an additional hand beater to use
for making sauces, batter etc. Any suggestions on a good one that will mix
properly and that can be taken apart so that the relevant bits can go in the
dishwasher?