Old 16-05-2006, 01:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default ORANGE JULIUS OR ORANGE JULIP (my version)

To anybody dying of thurst and craving a refreshing drink. Try
this.drink, providing you do not care about calories.

1. Fill up a blender 3\4 full with orange juice. I use Tropicana...
2. Add a tablespoon of icing sugar.
3. Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract and/ or almond extract.
4. Add a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
5. Add a few ice cubes.
6. Then turn on blender and mix.

Try it and give me your opinion.

PS I advised Tropicana to make a similar tasting drink. Nothing
happened.

Try this drink or suggest ways to improve drink.

Kindly reply by posting only.

Enjoy.

Roger

Old 16-05-2006, 06:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote:

For it to be a true Julius, it needs a raw egg. :-)

If it's going to be a Julip, it needs fresh mint.......

To me, that just sounds like a nice Orange milkshake.
--

Yep.

Old 16-05-2006, 04:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
AC AC is offline

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

For it to be a true Julius, it needs a raw egg. :-)

If it's going to be a Julip, it needs fresh mint.......

if it contains mint and a raw egg, does that make it an
orange juliup? ;-)

Old 16-05-2006, 04:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-05-16, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

For it to be a true Julius, it needs a raw egg. :-)

I don't recall an Orange Julius ever including a raw egg. Just a
spoonfull of that mysterious powder. Of course my memory is going the
way of the dodo and I didn't discover julies till about 1970, so maybe
they did at one time contain a raw egg. It appears they now use egg
white solids, which are no doubt part of the secret powder.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K48512E1D

nb

Old 16-05-2006, 04:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 16 May 2006 08:27:04a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it AC?

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

For it to be a true Julius, it needs a raw egg. :-)

If it's going to be a Julip, it needs fresh mint.......

if it contains mint and a raw egg, does that make it an
orange juliup? ;-)

No, it makes a mess!

--

Wayne Boatwright

"How can a nation be great if it's bread taste like Kleenex?"

Julia Child
Old 16-05-2006, 05:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,

On 2006-05-16, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

For it to be a true Julius, it needs a raw egg. :-)

I don't recall an Orange Julius ever including a raw egg. Just a
spoonfull of that mysterious powder. Of course my memory is going the
way of the dodo and I didn't discover julies till about 1970, so maybe
they did at one time contain a raw egg. It appears they now use egg
white solids, which are no doubt part of the secret powder.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K48512E1D

nb

It's the way mom made them... :-)
I doubt they'd make them that way anymore commercially due to the
worries of Salmonella.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Old 16-05-2006, 06:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
projectile vomit chick wrote:

For it to be a true Julius, it needs a raw egg. :-)

If it's going to be a Julip, it needs fresh mint.......

and some bourbon.

'zactly. ;-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Old 16-05-2006, 06:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

If it's going to be a Julip, it needs fresh mint.......

If it's going to be a JULEP it needs bourbon, although I much prefer rum in
Orange Juice

To me, that just sounds like a nice Orange milkshake.

I agree.

Old 16-05-2006, 06:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2006-05-16, OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

For it to be a true Julius, it needs a raw egg. :-)

I don't recall an Orange Julius ever including a raw egg. Just a
spoonfull of that mysterious powder. Of course my memory is going the
way of the dodo and I didn't discover julies till about 1970, so maybe
they did at one time contain a raw egg. It appears they now use egg
white solids, which are no doubt part of the secret powder.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K48512E1D

nb

It's the way mom made them... :-)
I doubt they'd make them that way anymore commercially due to the
worries of Salmonella.
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson

You could add dry egg powder. That would be safe.

--
CHI-MUM

Old 17-05-2006, 12:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"projectile vomit chick" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 16 May 2006 13:20:04 -0500, in rec.food.cooking,
OmManiPadmeOmelet hit the crackpipe and
declared:
In article ,
"jmcquown" wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

If it's going to be a Julip, it needs fresh mint.......

If it's going to be a JULEP it needs bourbon, although I much prefer rum
in
Orange Juice

Cranberry Vodka....... G
Sorry I missed the miss-spell!
My drink of preference is the Margarita. ;-d

Ever try a Captain Morgan and Snapple iced tea? Surprisinly good on
the rocks, Captain Snaps!

Rum & root beer is good.

Donna

Old 17-05-2006, 03:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"D.Currie" wrote:

"projectile vomit chick" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 16 May 2006 13:20:04 -0500, in rec.food.cooking,
OmManiPadmeOmelet hit the crackpipe and
declared:
In article ,
"jmcquown" wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

If it's going to be a Julip, it needs fresh mint.......

If it's going to be a JULEP it needs bourbon, although I much prefer rum
in
Orange Juice

Cranberry Vodka....... G
Sorry I missed the miss-spell!
My drink of preference is the Margarita. ;-d

Ever try a Captain Morgan and Snapple iced tea? Surprisinly good on
the rocks, Captain Snaps!

Rum & root beer is good.

Donna

Never tried that. ;-)
Around here, the C&W dance clubs sell rum and coke.....

Whisky and seven too.
--
Peace!
Om