Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pineapple oatmeal and pineapple stirfry

I got a whole pineapple from Hawaii last week. Been playing around
with it. I didn't get around to it till yesterday and I think it's
just starting to ferment a little, having a little alky twang to it.
I put some, diced up, in steel-cut oatmeal this morning. Yum.

I plan on doing something in the way of pineapple-chicken stirfry
w/ chicken breast, tonight. Any ideas?

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> I got a whole pineapple from Hawaii last week. Been playing around
> with it. I didn't get around to it till yesterday and I think it's
> just starting to ferment a little, having a little alky twang to it.
> I put some, diced up, in steel-cut oatmeal this morning. Yum.
>
> I plan on doing something in the way of pineapple-chicken stirfry
> w/ chicken breast, tonight. Any ideas?
>
> nb

Do a pineapple chicken stir fry.

Cut up chicken and stir fry and remove, cut up an onion and stir fry,
cut up pineapple and add it and chiken back in. Add couple splashes of
soy sauce, sesame oil and some corn starch/water to thicken.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> I got a whole pineapple from Hawaii last week. Been playing around
> with it. I didn't get around to it till yesterday and I think it's
> just starting to ferment a little, having a little alky twang to it.
> I put some, diced up, in steel-cut oatmeal this morning. Yum.
>
> I plan on doing something in the way of pineapple-chicken stirfry
> w/ chicken breast, tonight. Any ideas?
>
> nb

Pineapple Fried Rice

http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/eg.../pinerice.html

http://vegetarian.allrecipes.com/az/...eFriedRice.asp

http://chinesefood.about.com/od/rice...eapplerice.htm

http://www.thai-food.com/recipes/pin...friedrice.html

Rusty

Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

George wrote:

> Cut up chicken and stir fry and remove, cut up an onion and stir fry,
> cut up pineapple and add it and chiken back in. Add couple splashes of
> soy sauce, sesame oil and some corn starch/water to thicken.

A splash of vinegar -- Chinese black, red, cider, or balsamic -- would
be good here. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
. ..
>I got a whole pineapple from Hawaii last week. Been playing around
> with it. I didn't get around to it till yesterday and I think it's
> just starting to ferment a little, having a little alky twang to it.
> I put some, diced up, in steel-cut oatmeal this morning. Yum.
>
> I plan on doing something in the way of pineapple-chicken stirfry
> w/ chicken breast, tonight. Any ideas?
>
> nb

Cut into slices, brush on a little oil, sprinkle w/ a little salt and grill.
Serve w/ chicken and rice.
yum. A summer fav in our house.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> I got a whole pineapple from Hawaii last week. Been playing around
> with it. I didn't get around to it till yesterday and I think it's
> just starting to ferment a little, having a little alky twang to it.
> I put some, diced up, in steel-cut oatmeal this morning. Yum.
>
> I plan on doing something in the way of pineapple-chicken stirfry
> w/ chicken breast, tonight. Any ideas?

I wouldn't do anything to a field ripened pineapple except eat it as
is... okay, with sippin' rum on the side... and a hula girl lap
dance... Aloha, Kili!.

Sheldon Poi

Pineapple jam notbob General Cooking 30 01-09-2013 08:11 PM
Fully ripe pineapple vs. barely ripe pineapple Manda Ruby General Cooking 15 26-11-2009 08:40 PM
Oatmeal Pineapple cookies Cheryl[_4_] General Cooking 11 13-08-2008 11:03 PM
Best pineapple rum? [email protected] General 1 05-09-2006 04:31 PM
How to Cub a Pineapple? Von Fourche General Cooking 41 01-08-2005 11:41 AM