Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default RFC Cookbook - Where ARE these folks

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:26:04 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> > wrote:
>
> >Yeah, they are. Steve Wertz (bless his soul) has offered to make a
> >list of recipes here in the NG (I had posted them way back when, to
> >make sure we hadn't missed anyone). And he'll provide Google links to
> >the recipes themselves. A big job, but one that many people will
> >appreciate. Everything has been posted in the past, so nothing is
> >being violated.

> Do you have the list of recipes? There's a lot of posts out there
> deja.com RFC Cookbook and I'm having trouble weeding through
> it all to find the actual list.
>
> I thought maybe that was them you posted yesterday, but nope.
>
> Thanks,
> ?subject=RFC%20Cookbook%20Recip es
>

>From October 1, 2001 here is the "Current Recipe List"

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f... e7eac4a2d553

-Rusty

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rusty wrote:
> Steve Wertz wrote:
> > On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:26:04 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Yeah, they are. Steve Wertz (bless his soul) has offered to make a
> > >list of recipes here in the NG (I had posted them way back when, to
> > >make sure we hadn't missed anyone). And he'll provide Google links to
> > >the recipes themselves. A big job, but one that many people will
> > >appreciate. Everything has been posted in the past, so nothing is
> > >being violated.

> > Do you have the list of recipes? There's a lot of posts out there
> > deja.com RFC Cookbook and I'm having trouble weeding through
> > it all to find the actual list.
> >
> > I thought maybe that was them you posted yesterday, but nope.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > ?subject=RFC%20Cookbook%20Recip es
> >

> >From October 1, 2001 here is the "Current Recipe List"

> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f... e7eac4a2d553
>
> -Rusty

Here is an additional sample list of RFC Cookbook recipes from Oct 30,
2002

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...2bd06c9f74a576

-Rusty

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> 140 recipes 8-). Uh, I think that's enough for me to get started
> on. Thanks!

Heh, I put in a couple of my favorites because it was a little slow
going at first and I thought perhaps we'd need them. I later said
leave mine out rather than restrict the number other people could
add.

Yeah, we wound up with enough recipes.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"SD" > wrote in news:1143673302.491898.140880
@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com

> Yes, most but not all. Some of us, on the other hand, haven't posted
> our recipes here. The two I submitted, I've never posted anywhere. If
> someone really wants my two recipes that are in the book, they can PING
> me here and I'll email them the recipes.

That post made me go and get the book from the shelf and have a look to see
what your two recipes were <g>. Looking through it I realised how few of
the recipes I ever actually ended up trying. I'm taking 3 weeks holiday
starting April 10, so I should have time to try a couple of things - I'll
have to sit down and read through everything again and make a decision or
two. Your pancake recipe looks good.

--
Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On 27 Mar 2006 20:37:36 GMT, "Default User" >
> wrote:
>
> >Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> >> RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?

> >It's not on line, it was an actual paper one done for charity some
> >years back. People from the group contributed recipes, other hardy
> >souls donated time to put the thing together, get it printed, collect
> >money, and distribute copies.

> I have most of it in MasterCook format. If it's acceptable to those
> who were involved after 9/11, I will make it available to those who
> want it. I will only do this if there is majority agreement among
> those who post their opinions.

It's fine with me.

Miche (contributor)

--
WWMVD?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
modom > wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:10:47 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:

> >It's not acceptable to me. And I'd be hard-pressed to tell you why. I
> >thought there was a decision, if not total agreement, that it would not
> >be made available online. AFAIC, making it available electronically to
> >whomever requests it is tantamount to the same thing. JMO.

> I just posted the opposite response, but I'd forgotten the group
> decision to make it only a hard-copy thing.

Ditto.

--
WWMVD?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:00:26 +1200, in rec.food.cooking, Miche wrote:

>In article >,
> modom > wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:10:47 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
>> > wrote:

>> >It's not acceptable to me. And I'd be hard-pressed to tell you why. I
>> >thought there was a decision, if not total agreement, that it would not
>> >be made available online. AFAIC, making it available electronically to
>> >whomever requests it is tantamount to the same thing. JMO.

>> I just posted the opposite response, but I'd forgotten the group
>> decision to make it only a hard-copy thing.

>Ditto.

Yes, I don't think we should suddenly go back on that.

Doug
--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Miche" > wrote in message
<snip>
> --
> WWMVD?

=========

?? What Would My Veterinarian Do ?
" " Veteran
" " Vagina
" " Vagabond
" " Vas Deferens
" " ??

Please tell me... this is killing me.

--
Syssi

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 19:07:50 GMT, "Syssi" >
wrote:

>"Miche" > wrote in message
><snip>
>> --
>> WWMVD?

>=========
>
>?? What Would My Veterinarian Do ?
> " " Veteran
> " " Vagina
> " " Vagabond
> " " Vas Deferens
> " " ??
>
>Please tell me... this is killing me.

Please tell ME ... when did you acquire a vas deferens? (I like to
use that term instead of saying, "vast difference." Really messes
with people's minds.)

Carol
--

Some people are like Slinkies... they don't really have a purpose but
they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Stolen from "traid" on the IRC