Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default RFC Cookbook - Where ARE these folks

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" wrote

>I was going through the RFC cookbook appetizer section. Where is Gar,
> Samantha, Debra, Sally and Mary (from Texas)? I hope all are well and
> just
> living their lives. I haven't seen posts from them in a long while. Hell,
> I haven't seen Greykits or Michael B (from Missouri) in ages.
>
> Michael

Gar became irritated and moved on a couple of years or more ago. I really
miss him. Dams may still keep in touch with him. Did Greykits change her
name to something else at one point? Mary (from Texas) wouldn't be Marecat,
by any chance?

I miss a lot of former regulars - Harry D., Alan Zelt, Charlie Gifford, and
many others whose names are on the tip of my tongue. Barb goes back a long
way and knows them al!. I miss all those serious cooking posts yet I'm one
of the worst offenders at chattering on.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"limey" > wrote:

> I miss a lot of former regulars - Harry D., Alan Zelt, Charlie Gifford, and
> many others whose names are on the tip of my tongue. Barb goes back a long
> way and knows them al!. I miss all those serious cooking posts yet I'm one
> of the worst offenders at chattering on.
>
> Dora

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

Harry's fine - tired of the crap here
Charlie's fine - tired of the crap here; just had a note from him this
morning
Harry will know about Alan Zelt
Dunno where Greykits (Karen R) is
Dunno about Debra - Harry's in touch with her, I think
Dams keeping in touch with Gar? <cough I don't think so. <cough> I
believe she said as much some months back when she thought she
recognized him here under another name.
--
-Barb
<www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-26-06, Million Dollar Recipe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote

Thanks for the heads up on Harry, Charlie and Alan, Barb. I know Harry
posts once in a while on alt.cooking-chat.

> Dams keeping in touch with Gar? <cough I don't think so. <cough> I
> believe she said as much some months back when she thought she
> recognized him here under another name.
> --
> -Barb

That surprises me.
Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> "limey" > wrote:
>
> Dams keeping in touch with Gar? <cough I don't think so. <cough>

(laughing) I seriously doubt it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"limey" > wrote in message

> "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" wrote
>
>>I was going through the RFC cookbook appetizer section. Where is Gar,
>> Samantha, Debra, Sally and Mary (from Texas)? I hope all are well and
>> just
>> living their lives. I haven't seen posts from them in a long while.
>> Hell,
>> I haven't seen Greykits or Michael B (from Missouri) in ages.
>>
>> Michael

> Gar became irritated and moved on a couple of years or more ago. I really
> miss him. Dams may still keep in touch with him. Did Greykits change her
> name to something else at one point? Mary (from Texas) wouldn't be
> Marecat, by any chance?

Yep. That's me. I post occasionally here, but mainly lurk.

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:02:50 -0500, "limey" >
wrote:

>"Melba's Jammin'" wrote
>
>> Dams keeping in touch with Gar? <cough I don't think so. <cough> I
>> believe she said as much some months back when she thought she
>> recognized him here under another name.

>That surprises me.

He has something valuable of mine that I didn't give him. 'Nuff said.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:02:50 -0500, "limey" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Melba's Jammin'" wrote
> >
> >> Dams keeping in touch with Gar? <cough I don't think so. <cough> I
> >> believe she said as much some months back when she thought she
> >> recognized him here under another name.

> >That surprises me.

> He has something valuable of mine that I didn't give him. 'Nuff said.

We just have to guess, though. As head trollop, I think we know it
isn't your virginity.

:-)

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:50:02 -0800, Dan Abel > wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:02:50 -0500, "limey" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"Melba's Jammin'" wrote

>> >That surprises me.

>> He has something valuable of mine that I didn't give him. 'Nuff said.

>We just have to guess, though. As head trollop, I think we know it
>isn't your virginity.

Well, I NEVER! Hmph!

I've only had sex ONCE, and that was soley for the purpose of
generating a child.

I have 100 acres of swamp land in Arizona for sale, if anyone is
interested. Watch out for the 'gators, though.

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:02:50 -0500, "limey" >
> wrote:
>
> >"Melba's Jammin'" wrote
> >
> >> Dams keeping in touch with Gar? <cough I don't think so. <cough> I
> >> believe she said as much some months back when she thought she
> >> recognized him here under another name.

> >That surprises me.

> He has something valuable of mine that I didn't give him. 'Nuff said.

I'd say that something valuable was "kindness" -- you have it in spades and
he was the absolute epitome of the pompous self - absorbed ass.

Two others I don't miss: Sheryl Rosen and Mouthra Hughes...

OTOH two that I *do* miss: Rodney Myrngaaves (sp?) and Jimmy Tango :-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MareCat wrote:

> "limey" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" wrote
> >
> >>I was going through the RFC cookbook appetizer section. Where is Gar,
> >> Samantha, Debra, Sally and Mary (from Texas)? I hope all are well and
> >> just
> >> living their lives. I haven't seen posts from them in a long while.
> >> Hell,
> >> I haven't seen Greykits or Michael B (from Missouri) in ages.
> >>
> >> Michael

> > Gar became irritated and moved on a couple of years or more ago. I

really
> > miss him. Dams may still keep in touch with him. Did Greykits change

her
> > name to something else at one point? Mary (from Texas) wouldn't be
> > Marecat, by any chance?

> Yep. That's me. I post occasionally here, but mainly lurk.

Mary, you know I've trolled you guys on houston.eats a LOT, but that is
because I'm trying to "engage" Professor von Roach (IIRC Jack Tyler ior
somebody nferred that he'd had some health problems?)....

In any case you guys weathered Katrina and all that drama well I gather -
correct?

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article >,
> > "limey" > wrote:
> >
> > Dams keeping in touch with Gar? <cough I don't think so. <cough>

> (laughing) I seriously doubt it.

Ditto :-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article t>,
"Gregory Morrow"

> OTOH two that I *do* miss: Rodney Myrngaaves (sp?)

Myrvaagnes
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow"
<gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net> wrote in
message k.net...

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:02:50 -0500, "limey" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >"Melba's Jammin'" wrote

>> >That surprises me.

>> He has something valuable of mine that I didn't give him. 'Nuff said.
>>

> I'd say that something valuable was "kindness" -- you have it in spades
> and
> he was the absolute epitome of the pompous self - absorbed ass.
>
> Two others I don't miss: Sheryl Rosen and Mouthra Hughes...
>
> OTOH two that I *do* miss: Rodney Myrngaaves (sp?) and Jimmy Tango :-)
>
> Best
> Greg

Gosh, and I miss Buffy, too.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:02:50 -0500, "limey" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Melba's Jammin'" wrote
>>
>>> Dams keeping in touch with Gar? <cough I don't think so. <cough> I
>>> believe she said as much some months back when she thought she
>>> recognized him here under another name.

>>That surprises me.

> He has something valuable of mine that I didn't give him. 'Nuff said.
>
> Carol

Sorry I put my foot in it, Carol. I didn't know.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:28:53 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:02:50 -0500, "limey" >
>wrote:
>
>>"Melba's Jammin'" wrote
>>
>>> Dams keeping in touch with Gar? <cough I don't think so. <cough> I
>>> believe she said as much some months back when she thought she
>>> recognized him here under another name.

>>That surprises me.

>He has something valuable of mine that I didn't give him. 'Nuff said.

Your dress?
--
modom

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:08:45 -0600, modom > wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:28:53 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:
>
>>He has something valuable of mine that I didn't give him.
>>

>Your dress?

BINGO! Give that man a Cupie Doll! Ever since The Incident, I've
been housebound. That dress was all I had. Winter in Minnesota gets
mighty cold when you're in your altogetherness. Brrrrr!

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:58:45 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:08:45 -0600, modom > wrote:
> > On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:28:53 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> > > He has something valuable of mine that I didn't give him.
> > >

> > Your dress?
> >

> BINGO! Give that man a Cupie Doll! Ever since The Incident,
> I've been housebound. That dress was all I had. Winter in
> Minnesota gets mighty cold when you're in your altogetherness.
> Brrrrr!

AHHH!!! My eyes! My EYES!

The "Blinded by Such Beauty" Ranger
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:47:05 -0800, The Ranger
> wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:58:45 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>> > Your dress?
>> >

>> BINGO! Give that man a Cupie Doll! Ever since The Incident,
>> I've been housebound. That dress was all I had. Winter in
>> Minnesota gets mighty cold when you're in your altogetherness.
>> Brrrrr!

>AHHH!!! My eyes! My EYES!
>
>The "Blinded by Such Beauty" Ranger

My dazzling beauty has caused blindness in many, many men and a few
*******s. I hope you averted your gaze soon enough that this hasn't
happened to you!

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 27 Mar 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> My dazzling beauty has caused blindness in many, many men and a few
> *******s. I hope you averted your gaze soon enough that this hasn't
> happened to you!
>
> Peace,
> Carol

Ain't it the Truth!

--
-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gregory Morrow"
<gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net> wrote in
message .net...

> Mary, you know I've trolled you guys on houston.eats a LOT, but that is
> because I'm trying to "engage" Professor von Roach

Oh, I think we all know that over there. You make it pretty obvious.

> (IIRC Jack Tyler ior
> somebody nferred that he'd had some health problems?)....

Unfortunately, it looks like he's OK. I saw at least one post from him in
the last day or two (quoted in a reply by someone else--he's been in my
killfile for years, so I only see him when someone else quotes him).

> In any case you guys weathered Katrina and all that drama well I gather -
> correct?

We did--just gained lots of transplanted residents afterwards.

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:27:26 -0500, "limey" >
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

<snip>

>I miss a lot of former regulars - Harry D., Alan Zelt, Charlie Gifford, and
>many others whose names are on the tip of my tongue. Barb goes back a long
>way and knows them al!. I miss all those serious cooking posts yet I'm one
>of the worst offenders at chattering on.

Both Charlie and Harry D. are around. Harry doesn't post much anymore,
but we hear from him from time to time. I bequeathed my old RFC sig to
him <g> And Charlie's in and out, mostly in when he's feeling well.
He's my Main Man for the Sandy Eggo cookin in June at my house in
Laguna Niguel CA.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 02:45:05 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
<gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net> rummaged
among random neurons and opined:

>I'd say that something valuable was "kindness" -- you have it in spades and
>he was the absolute epitome of the pompous self - absorbed ass.
>
>Two others I don't miss: Sheryl Rosen and Mouthra Hughes...

Amen. I met Sheryl at Katz' Deli in Manhattan a couple, three years
ago and she's not quite as combative in person, but she sure could get
on a tear here.

>OTOH two that I *do* miss: Rodney Myrngaaves (sp?) and Jimmy Tango :-)

I'm tellin' ya, it's *Timmy* Tango, not "Jimmy." There was a guy some
months back who posted like TT, but out of curiosity, I googled for
Timmy Tango and, yup, that was the original pseudonym.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:11:45 -0500, "limey" >
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>Gosh, and I miss Buffy, too.

You're right - I'd forgotten about Buffy and her food-related
travelogues. And where's Jack Schidt? Last I heard, he was just
really, really busy, but I do miss his posts.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" wrote

> You're right - I'd forgotten about Buffy and her food-related
> travelogues. And where's Jack Schidt? Last I heard, he was just
> really, really busy, but I do miss his posts.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

I've seen Jack on alt.food.binaries and also on
alt.food.barbecue. He must have wanted a break from here. Too bad - I
loved his posts and his sigs.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" wrote >

"limey" wrote>

>>I miss a lot of former regulars - Harry D., Alan Zelt, Charlie Gifford,
>>and
>>many others whose names are on the tip of my tongue. Barb goes back a
>>long
>>way and knows them al!. I miss all those serious cooking posts yet I'm
>>one
>>of the worst offenders at chattering on.

> Both Charlie and Harry D. are around. Harry doesn't post much anymore,
> but we hear from him from time to time. I bequeathed my old RFC sig to
> him <g> And Charlie's in and out, mostly in when he's feeling well.
> He's my Main Man for the Sandy Eggo cookin in June at my house in
> Laguna Niguel CA.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

I see Harry quite often on alt.cooking-chat. He was also on
alt.food.barbecue the other day, proudly using your former sig!!!

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:15:08 -0500, limey wrote:

> "Terry Pulliam Burd" wrote
>
> > You're right - I'd forgotten about Buffy and her food-related
> > travelogues. And where's Jack Schidt? Last I heard, he was just
> > really, really busy, but I do miss his posts.
> >
> > Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> > AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA
> >

> I've seen Jack on alt.food.binaries and also on
> alt.food.barbecue. He must have wanted a break from here. Too bad - I
> loved his posts and his sigs.

Yep... Jack Schidt is often of afb... binaries, that is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 19:18:28 -0500, "limey" >
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>I see Harry quite often on alt.cooking-chat. He was also on
>alt.food.barbecue the other day, proudly using your former sig!!

Tell Harry to wear it in good health. Can't imagine anyone I'd rather
have glom onto it!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" wrote

> "limey" wrote:
>
>>I see Harry quite often on alt.cooking-chat. He was also on
>>alt.food.barbecue the other day, proudly using your former sig!!

> Tell Harry to wear it in good health. Can't imagine anyone I'd rather
> have glom onto it!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

I remember when you "deeded" it to him, Terry! I was going to tease him
about it but didn't want to mention it on a different newsgroup.

Dora