Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default RFC Cookbook - Where ARE these folks

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> I was going through the RFC cookbook

RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?
---
JL

appetizer section. Where is Gar,
> Samantha, Debra, Sally and Mary (from Texas)? I hope all are well and just
> living their lives. I haven't seen posts from them in a long while. Hell,
> I haven't seen Greykits or Michael B (from Missouri) in ages.
>
> Michael

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>
>> I was going through the RFC cookbook

> RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?
> ---
> JL

Ah, JL, I keep forgetting you're a relative newbie. The rfc cookbook was a
collaborative effort which occurred after 9/11. The cookbook was sold and
proceeds donated to City Harvest, a New York City Affiliate of Second
Harvest) to benefit the families of those affected by the events of 9/11.
It's not available online; it was a limited edition, so to speak.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>
> > I was going through the RFC cookbook

> RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?

It's not on line, it was an actual paper one done for charity some
years back. People from the group contributed recipes, other hardy
souls donated time to put the thing together, get it printed, collect
money, and distribute copies.

Brian
won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>
>>Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>>

>>>I was going through the RFC cookbook

>>RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?
>>---
>>JL
>>

> Ah, JL, I keep forgetting you're a relative newbie. The rfc cookbook was a
> collaborative effort which occurred after 9/11. The cookbook was sold and
> proceeds donated to City Harvest, a New York City Affiliate of Second
> Harvest) to benefit the families of those affected by the events of 9/11.
> It's not available online; it was a limited edition, so to speak.
>
> Jill

I have a regrettable tendency to ask first and then remember to google.

Wonderful that the proceeds were distributed thusly.

I was perusing a number of posts about it in google and i would be
interested in any 3rd edition if iit is ever contemplated.
---
JL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

>>> RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?
>>> ---
>>> JL
>>>

>> Ah, JL, I keep forgetting you're a relative newbie. The rfc
>> cookbook was a collaborative effort which occurred after 9/11. The
>> cookbook was sold and proceeds donated to City Harvest, a New York
>> City Affiliate of Second Harvest) to benefit the families of those
>> affected by the events of 9/11. It's not available online; it was a
>> limited edition, so to speak.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> I have a regrettable tendency to ask first and then remember to
> google.
>
> Wonderful that the proceeds were distributed thusly.
>
> I was perusing a number of posts about it in google and i would be
> interested in any 3rd edition if iit is ever contemplated.
> ---
> JL

Considering the hard work I seriously doubt there will ever be a third
edition. If you're interested I *think* I still have an extra copy, just
pay for the postage.

Oh, and I am still in touch with a man, Ian Robb, a former co-worker who
transferred to the WTC after a corporate buyout.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1549034.stm

He was one of the few who was trapped in an elevator on the ground floor of
the North tower of the World Trade Center. After a few hours the
firefighters noticed the doors had opened and he wandered out, seeing blood
and dust and debris and not knowing what was going on...I sent him a copy of
this book. Thank you for reminding me, I need to give him a call.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Joseph Littleshoes > wrote:

> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>
> > I was going through the RFC cookbook

> RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?
> ---
> JL

No URL. It's not online; it was a paper publication. It was a
fundraiser that we did from between about 1-1-02 and 12-20-02 -- after
the September 11 tragedies. It was a limited edition book that went
into a second printing. Books were pre-sold. We would up donating
about $5K to Second Harvest Food Bank in NYC.

It was all done electronically and I was awestruck by the involvement of
folks here -- Victor Sack was the Head Cheese and coordinated and
organized Damsel's idea. We shipped books all over the world. It was a
special time. I don't remember how many books we sold. I don't
remember if I have a spare or not. If I do, it's been spoken for
already, though.

Who said we can't get along?

-Barb
<www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-26,2006, Million Dollar Recipe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Ah, JL, I keep forgetting you're a relative newbie. The rfc
>>> cookbook was a collaborative effort which occurred after 9/11. The
>>> cookbook was sold and proceeds donated to City Harvest, a New York
>>> City Affiliate of Second Harvest) to benefit the families of those
>>> affected by the events of 9/11. It's not available online; it was a
>>> limited edition, so to speak.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> I have a regrettable tendency to ask first and then remember to
>> google.
>>
>> Wonderful that the proceeds were distributed thusly.
>>
>> I was perusing a number of posts about it in google and i would be
>> interested in any 3rd edition if iit is ever contemplated.
>> ---
>> JL

> Considering the hard work I seriously doubt there will ever be a third
> edition. If you're interested I *think* I still have an extra copy,
> just pay for the postage.
>
> Oh, and I am still in touch with a man, Ian Robb, a former co-worker
> who transferred to the WTC after a corporate buyout.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1549034.stm
>
> He was one of the few who was trapped in an elevator on the ground
> floor of the North tower of the World Trade Center. After a few
> hours the firefighters noticed the doors had opened and he wandered
> out, seeing blood and dust and debris and not knowing what was going
> on...I sent him a copy of this book. Thank you for reminding me, I
> need to give him a call.
>
> Jill

I hate to say this but Ians beloved sister in Leeds died last year. I'm
sorry to hear it. Ian supported the efford back in 1993 when I was raising
money for my friend Diane who has Multiple Schlerosis; he and his family
joined me on a "walkathon" and the company matched the funds. After
Marsh/McClennan took over all that stopped.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Default User" > wrote:

> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>
> > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> >
> > > I was going through the RFC cookbook

> > RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?

> It's not on line, it was an actual paper one done for charity some
> years back. People from the group contributed recipes, other hardy
> souls donated time to put the thing together, get it printed, collect
> money, and distribute copies.

Anyone who's curious should be able to find the details by going to
http://groups.google.com and searching this group for "RFC cookbook."
Posted to rec.food.cooking
BOB BOB is offline

Default Ping: Nancy Young was/ RFC Cookbook - Where ARE these folks

Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
::
:: I have a regrettable tendency to ask first and then remember to
google.
::
:: Wonderful that the proceeds were distributed thusly.
::
:: I was perusing a number of posts about it in google and i would be
:: interested in any 3rd edition if iit is ever contemplated.
:: ---
:: JL

Hey Nancy, didn't you volunteer to head up a comittee of the *THIRD*
edition?

Or was it for an entirely new cookbook?

BOB
running and hiding even before <send> was clicked

--
Raw Meat Should NOT Have An Ingredients List

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27 Mar 2006 20:37:36 GMT, "Default User" >
wrote:

>Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>
>> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
>>
>> > I was going through the RFC cookbook

>> RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?

>It's not on line, it was an actual paper one done for charity some
>years back. People from the group contributed recipes, other hardy
>souls donated time to put the thing together, get it printed, collect
>money, and distribute copies.

I have most of it in MasterCook format. If it's acceptable to those
who were involved after 9/11, I will make it available to those who
want it. I will only do this if there is majority agreement among
those who post their opinions.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

BOB wrote:
> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a regrettable tendency to ask first and then remember to
>>> google.
>>>
>>> Wonderful that the proceeds were distributed thusly.
>>>
>>> I was perusing a number of posts about it in google and i would be
>>> interested in any 3rd edition if iit is ever contemplated.
>>> ---
>>> JL

> Hey Nancy, didn't you volunteer to head up a comittee of the *THIRD*
> edition?
>
> Or was it for an entirely new cookbook?
>
> BOB
> running and hiding even before <send> was clicked

LAUGHING MY ASS OFF!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" BOB" > wrote

> Hey Nancy, didn't you volunteer to head up a comittee of the *THIRD*
> edition?
>
> Or was it for an entirely new cookbook?
>
> BOB
> running and hiding even before <send> was clicked

Oh ho, I got a slap here, it's just your size!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On 27 Mar 2006 20:37:36 GMT, "Default User" >
> wrote:
>
> >Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> >> RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?

> >It's not on line, it was an actual paper one done for charity some
> >years back. People from the group contributed recipes, other hardy
> >souls donated time to put the thing together, get it printed, collect
> >money, and distribute copies.

> I have most of it in MasterCook format. If it's acceptable to those
> who were involved after 9/11, I will make it available to those who
> want it. I will only do this if there is majority agreement among
> those who post their opinions.
>
> Carol

I would be willing to make a contribution to the Second Harvest Food
Bank in NYC (via PayPal or whatever) for a copy of the those recipes in
MasterCook format.

Rusty - Sacramento, CA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On 27 Mar 2006 20:37:36 GMT, "Default User" >
> wrote:
>
> >Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> >> RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?

> >It's not on line, it was an actual paper one done for charity some
> >years back. People from the group contributed recipes, other hardy
> >souls donated time to put the thing together, get it printed, collect
> >money, and distribute copies.

> I have most of it in MasterCook format. If it's acceptable to those
> who were involved after 9/11, I will make it available to those who
> want it. I will only do this if there is majority agreement among
> those who post their opinions.
>
> Carol

It's not acceptable to me. And I'd be hard-pressed to tell you why. I
thought there was a decision, if not total agreement, that it would not
be made available online. AFAIC, making it available electronically to
whomever requests it is tantamount to the same thing. JMO.
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-27-2006 It Can Can!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On 27 Mar 2006 20:37:36 GMT, "Default User" >
> wrote:
>
> >Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

> >> RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?

> >It's not on line, it was an actual paper one done for charity some
> >years back. People from the group contributed recipes, other hardy
> >souls donated time to put the thing together, get it printed, collect
> >money, and distribute copies.

> I have most of it in MasterCook format. If it's acceptable to those
> who were involved after 9/11, I will make it available to those who
> want it. I will only do this if there is majority agreement among
> those who post their opinions.
>
> Carol

It's not acceptable to me. And I'd be hard-pressed to tell you why. I
thought there was a decision, if not total agreement, that it would not
be made available online. AFAIC, making it available electronically to
whomever requests it is tantamount to the same thing. JMO.
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-27-2006 It Can Can!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Rusty" > wrote

> I would be willing to make a contribution to the Second Harvest Food
> Bank in NYC (via PayPal or whatever) for a copy of the those recipes in
> MasterCook format.

I'll mail you a hardcopy if you agree to make the donation.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:10:47 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> I have most of it in MasterCook format. If it's acceptable to those
>> who were involved after 9/11, I will make it available to those who
>> want it. I will only do this if there is majority agreement among
>> those who post their opinions.

>It's not acceptable to me. And I'd be hard-pressed to tell you why. I
>thought there was a decision, if not total agreement, that it would not
>be made available online. AFAIC, making it available electronically to
>whomever requests it is tantamount to the same thing. JMO.

That's the way I remember it, too. I just feel bad for newcomers to
the group who didn't have the opportunity to purchase a book. I'm
wishy-washy. You know that. <G>

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> >It's not acceptable to me. And I'd be hard-pressed to tell you why. I
> >thought there was a decision, if not total agreement, that it would not
> >be made available online. AFAIC, making it available electronically to
> >whomever requests it is tantamount to the same thing. JMO.

> That's the way I remember it, too. I just feel bad for newcomers to
> the group who didn't have the opportunity to purchase a book. I'm
> wishy-washy. You know that. <G>
>
> Peace,
> Carol

Not to decide is to decide.
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-27-2006 It Can Can!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:41:45 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> >It's not acceptable to me. And I'd be hard-pressed to tell you why. I
>> >thought there was a decision, if not total agreement, that it would not
>> >be made available online. AFAIC, making it available electronically to
>> >whomever requests it is tantamount to the same thing. JMO.

>> That's the way I remember it, too. I just feel bad for newcomers to
>> the group who didn't have the opportunity to purchase a book. I'm
>> wishy-washy. You know that. <G>

>Not to decide is to decide.

Sorry you feel that way.

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> "jmcquown" > hitched up their panties and
> posted :
>
>> Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

>>> RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?
>>> ---
>>> JL
>>>

>> Ah, JL, I keep forgetting you're a relative newbie. The rfc cookbook
>> was a collaborative effort which occurred after 9/11. The cookbook
>> was sold and proceeds donated to City Harvest, a New York City
>> Affiliate of Second Harvest) to benefit the families of those
>> affected by the events of 9/11. It's not available online; it was a
>> limited edition, so to speak.
>>
>> Jill

> Thank you Jill for your extremely wonderful effort at explanation.
> The book I have has 2002 dated on the outside. I was just curious
> what happened to some of the folks I don't see any longer. I hope all
> is well with them.
>
> Michael

Well yes, it took a year after 9/11/2001 to put it together. There was much
ado about how to format it, IIRC, and which publisher to publish it and how
to ship it, etc. etc. So it is dated 2002.

I too wonder sometimes where some of the contributors are.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Electronic reprinting suggestion (was RFC Cookbook...)

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:31:14 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>On 27 Mar 2006 20:37:36 GMT, "Default User" >
>wrote:
>
>>Joseph Littleshoes wrote:

>>> RFC cook book? is thre a URL you can provide?

>>It's not on line, it was an actual paper one done for charity some
>>years back. People from the group contributed recipes, other hardy
>>souls donated time to put the thing together, get it printed, collect
>>money, and distribute copies.

>I have most of it in MasterCook format. If it's acceptable to those
>who were involved after 9/11, I will make it available to those who
>want it. I will only do this if there is majority agreement among
>those who post their opinions.
>
>Carol

I, for one, see nothing wrong with your offer. Three recipes in there
are from me, and I have no objection to further copies of mine.
--
modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:05:48 -0600, modom > wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:31:14 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:
>
>>I have most of it in MasterCook format. If it's acceptable to those
>>who were involved after 9/11, I will make it available to those who
>>want it. I will only do this if there is majority agreement among
>>those who post their opinions.

>I, for one, see nothing wrong with your offer. Three recipes in there
>are from me, and I have no objection to further copies of mine.

Just to make it clear, it was a *conditional* offer. Maybe I can just
e-mail YOUR recipes to people. ;o)

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:10:47 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> On 27 Mar 2006 20:37:36 GMT, "Default User" >
>> wrote:

>> >It's not on line, it was an actual paper one done for charity some
>> >years back. People from the group contributed recipes, other hardy
>> >souls donated time to put the thing together, get it printed, collect
>> >money, and distribute copies.

>> I have most of it in MasterCook format. If it's acceptable to those
>> who were involved after 9/11, I will make it available to those who
>> want it. I will only do this if there is majority agreement among
>> those who post their opinions.
>>
>> Carol

>It's not acceptable to me. And I'd be hard-pressed to tell you why. I
>thought there was a decision, if not total agreement, that it would not
>be made available online. AFAIC, making it available electronically to
>whomever requests it is tantamount to the same thing. JMO.

I just posted the opposite response, but I'd forgotten the group
decision to make it only a hard-copy thing. Stretching to recall the
discussion at that time, I seem to recall something of a practical
(billing, suitable URL, whatever) nature about the no-online decision.
But I was mostly away from the group during much of the cookbook
thing.
--
modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:41:45 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> >>I'm wishy-washy. You know that. <G>

> >Not to decide is to decide.

> Sorry you feel that way.
>
> Peace,
> Carol

Sorry I feel what way?
You said you're wishy-washy and I read that as "can't make up my mind."
My response about not deciding being a decision was a comment about
being wishy-washy and unable to make a choice. A general observation
applicable to whoever. It applies to me in lots of areas of my life,
btw. It wasn't meant to be a slur, Toots; I hope you'd know that.
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-27-2006 It Can Can!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> I have most of it in MasterCook format.
> Carol

At what stage of the publishing game do you have the recipes? As they
were submitted to you? After the conversions to metric were made?
After they were proofread the first time? After they were proofread the
second time?
--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-27-2006 It Can Can!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> Damned, I just gave my last copy away. I had 3 extras. I gave 2 of the
> books to RFC regulars that gave their copies away. I gave the 3rd copy to
> a neighbor. I don't remember where I gave the 5th copy to but I'm sure it
> went to a good spot I don't think there will be another. I got sick,
> lots of other folks were not able to donate time for various reasons. We
> were not doing that hot. However, the other heroic folks came thru. They
> pushed it thru and we got the book on. I don't remember who actually
> originated it. I know Carole and Crash put a ton of time into it. Then
> there were the shippers. I was sick most of the time and don't recall.
>
> Michael

Michael, Carol originated the idea of an RFC cookbook and is thus
credited in the book. She also collected recipes for the book,
together with you and she formatted these recipes with several others.
Nancy was the treasurer, collecting the individual payments, a job
that turned out to be very difficult and time consuming and many other
RFC'ers were involved in proof reading, mailing and designing the
cover. Everybody thus involved is mentioned in the book.

Victor was the organizer, coordinator and Jack Of All Trades. He was
involved in every phase of bringing Carol's idea to fruition.

Perhaps we should appeal to him to come out with a Third Edition.
There are enough catastrophes that would benefit from a donation from
such a sale.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 07:06:10 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:41:45 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
>> > wrote:

>> >Not to decide is to decide.

>> Sorry you feel that way.

>Sorry I feel what way?
>You said you're wishy-washy and I read that as "can't make up my mind."
>My response about not deciding being a decision was a comment about
>being wishy-washy and unable to make a choice. A general observation
>applicable to whoever. It applies to me in lots of areas of my life,
>btw. It wasn't meant to be a slur, Toots; I hope you'd know that.

I apologize. I understood that to mean that I had already made up my
mind to distribute the book hither and yon. Steve Wertz's idea sounds
like a better one. Nothing wrong with a list of the recipes, as far
as I can see. And besides, The instructions are missing on a lot of
the recipes in my RFC book (too many upgrades and stuff).

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 07:11:37 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> I have most of it in MasterCook format.
>> Carol

>At what stage of the publishing game do you have the recipes? As they
>were submitted to you? After the conversions to metric were made?
>After they were proofread the first time? After they were proofread the
>second time?

As I received them.

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:12:38 GMT, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

> Michael, Carol originated the idea of an RFC cookbook and is thus
>credited in the book. She also collected recipes for the book,
>together with you and she formatted these recipes with several others.
> Nancy was the treasurer, collecting the individual payments, a job
>that turned out to be very difficult and time consuming and many other
>RFC'ers were involved in proof reading, mailing and designing the
>cover. Everybody thus involved is mentioned in the book.
>
>Victor was the organizer, coordinator and Jack Of All Trades. He was
>involved in every phase of bringing Carol's idea to fruition.
>
>Perhaps we should appeal to him to come out with a Third Edition.
>There are enough catastrophes that would benefit from a donation from
>such a sale.

Thanks for clearing up the history, Margaret. Many, many people
worked on that book.

Nancy was so overwhelmed by the whole process that I doubt seriously
that anyone would want to follow in her footsteps. It was a daunting
task, to say the least.

Last night's idea (if you can call it that - it came more from the
heart than the intellect) wasn't necessarily a good one. Okay, it was
a bad one, considering that everyone had decided never to distribute
the book outside of the printed form in those two printings.

My sincere apologies to those who were offended or upset by my "post
before you think* approach to newsgroup participation.

Steve Wertz's idea seems harmless (and selfless) enough. If there's
no objection to that, I believe I posted a list of recipes and who had
submitted them way back when, to verify that we hadn't missed
anything. So nearly everything should already be in Google in some
shape or form.

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Melba's Jammin'
> said:
> In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
> > On 27 Mar 2006 20:37:36 GMT, "Default User" >
> > wrote:

> > >It's not on line, it was an actual paper one done for charity some
> > >years back. People from the group contributed recipes, other hardy
> > >souls donated time to put the thing together, get it printed, collect
> > >money, and distribute copies.

> > I have most of it in MasterCook format. If it's acceptable to those
> > who were involved after 9/11, I will make it available to those who
> > want it. I will only do this if there is majority agreement among
> > those who post their opinions.

> It's not acceptable to me. And I'd be hard-pressed to tell you why. I
> thought there was a decision, if not total agreement, that it would not
> be made available online. AFAIC, making it available electronically to
> whomever requests it is tantamount to the same thing. JMO.

Your memory is correct, ma'am -- I brought this up last summer:

http://tinyurl.com/fczzl

OR

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.food.
cooking/browse_frm/thread/21da540553384b1f/445aacd3e46627ac?
tvc=1&q=%22RFC+Website+Thoughts%22+group%3Arec.foo d.
cooking&hl=en#445aacd3e46627ac

--
jj - rfc (Jani) in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> What's to be hard-pressed to explain... anyone makes the RFC Cook Book
> available in electronic format is tantmont to their wiping their ass
> with it.

Ironically, that's what I do with your postings.

--Blair

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
(snippage)

> I apologize.

Apology accepted.

> I understood that to mean that I had already made up my
> mind to distribute the book hither and yon.

Nope.

> Steve Wertz's idea sounds like a better one. Nothing wrong with a
> list of the recipes, as far as I can see.

Sure.

> And besides, The instructions are missing on a lot of
> the recipes in my RFC book (too many upgrades and stuff).

??
Upgrades? Are you talking about THE RFC cookbook (paper version) or
your MC and MealMaster files?

--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-27-2006 It Can Can!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:46:58 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> And besides, The instructions are missing on a lot of
>> the recipes in my RFC book (too many upgrades and stuff).

>??
>Upgrades? Are you talking about THE RFC cookbook (paper version) or
>your MC and MealMaster files?

LOL! MasterCook. I've gone from 5 to 6 to 7, and it wasn't always a
smooth transition. The most recent is the low-carb cookbooks.

Doc put me back on low-carb on Friday. I didn't actually start until
yesterday. So far, so good. Down 2.5 pounds of water weight, and 30
points on my fasting blood sugar levels in one day!

So, I'm splitting my time between RFC and alt.support.diet.low-carb.

And now it's time for my first nap of the day. <G>

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote

> Nancy was so overwhelmed by the whole process that I doubt seriously
> that anyone would want to follow in her footsteps. It was a daunting
> task, to say the least.

Oh, at first it was a bear, but people came through with stuff
that made it so much easier. For instance, the mailing labels,
the file that I didn't know existed of orders ... stuff like that.
It was doable (obviously) ... I even had volunteers offering to
take over for the second printing.

I don't know if we could pull together to do it again, though.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:13:03 GMT, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress > hitched up their
> panties and posted :
>

> > I have most of it in MasterCook format. If it's acceptable to those
> > who were involved after 9/11, I will make it available to those who
> > want it. I will only do this if there is majority agreement among
> > those who post their opinions.
> >
> > Carol

> I thought it was decided to not make it availble online or via email?
> IIRC, there was huge discussion and it was agreed that the book was not
> going to be made available electronically. Of course, my memory is going
> as it is
>
> Michael <- doesn't like the idea of redistribution

I don't either, but another one created by current rfc participants
would be of interest to me... if it was made available online.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> That's the way I remember it, too. I just feel bad for newcomers to
> the group who didn't have the opportunity to purchase a book. I'm
> wishy-washy. You know that. <G>
>
> Peace,
> Carol

But most of the recipes are available if one searched dejanews, aren't
they? People often had their "signature" recipe in the book...didn't
they? I seem to recall many had been posted here over the years?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:43:14 -0500, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> That's the way I remember it, too. I just feel bad for newcomers to
>> the group who didn't have the opportunity to purchase a book. I'm
>> wishy-washy. You know that. <G>

>But most of the recipes are available if one searched dejanews, aren't
>they? People often had their "signature" recipe in the book...didn't
>they? I seem to recall many had been posted here over the years?

Yeah, they are. Steve Wertz (bless his soul) has offered to make a
list of recipes here in the NG (I had posted them way back when, to
make sure we hadn't missed anyone). And he'll provide Google links to
the recipes themselves. A big job, but one that many people will
appreciate. Everything has been posted in the past, so nothing is
being violated.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 29 Mar 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Everything has been posted in the past, so nothing is
> being violated.
>
> Carol

No Violation!...you have my sympathy...

Never say Violated to a celibate guy....

--
-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 22:43:29 GMT, Mr Libido Incognito >
wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote on 29 Mar 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Everything has been posted in the past, so nothing is
>> being violated.
>>

>No Violation!...you have my sympathy...

Yeah, it's a bitch, isn't it? <EG>

>Never say Violated to a celibate guy....

THWACK!!!!

Band-Aids,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking
SD SD is offline

Goomba38 wrote:
> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
> > That's the way I remember it, too. I just feel bad for newcomers to
> > the group who didn't have the opportunity to purchase a book. I'm
> > wishy-washy. You know that. <G>
> >
> > Peace,
> > Carol

> But most of the recipes are available if one searched dejanews, aren't
> they? People often had their "signature" recipe in the book...didn't
> they? I seem to recall many had been posted here over the years?

Yes, most but not all. Some of us, on the other hand, haven't posted
our recipes here. The two I submitted, I've never posted anywhere. If
someone really wants my two recipes that are in the book, they can PING
me here and I'll email them the recipes.

SD