Posted to alt.christnet.christianlife,sci.med.cardiology,alt.atheism,rec.food.cooking

Default The author and perfecter - our example

Millennial Reign wrote:
> And He was saying to them all, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must
> deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me." [Luke 9:23 NASB]
>
> For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for
> you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps,
>
> WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH;
> and while being reviled, He did not revile in return; while suffering, He
> uttered no threats, but kept entrusting Himself to Him who judges
> righteously;
>
> and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die
> to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed. For
> you were continually straying like sheep, but now you have returned to the
> Shepherd and Guardian of your souls. [1 Peter 2:21-25 NASB]
>
> Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let
> us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles
> us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing
> our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set
> before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the
> right hand of the throne of God. [Hebrews 12:1-2 NASB]
>
> By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
> The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His
> commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever keeps His
> word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that
> we are in Him: the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in
> the same manner as He walked. [1 John 2:3-6 NASB]
>
> Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its
> passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the
> Spirit. [Galatians 5:24-25 NASB]

Amen and amen.

May GOD continue to bless the writing of HIS Word in these USENET
newsgroups in Jesus' most precious and holy name.

Amen !!!

Will be available to "glow" and chat about this and other things like
cardiology, diabetes, Bird Flu, the 2006 global earthquake advisory,
cooking and nutrition that interest those following this thread here
during the next on-line chat (03/16/06) from 6 to 7 pm EST:

http://tinyurl.com/8w7uq

For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for
how the LORD has reshaped me:

http://tinyurl.com/7mcuo

Prayerfully in Christ's love,

Andrew