Posted to aus.food,rec.food.cooking

Default Cheap plonk and tucker books in Oz

G'day mates,

Happened to be down in the tourist ghetto of Cairns today and found
that the local Myers department store currently has a "special" on
*all* food and wine books in stock -- 25% off IIRC.

Dunno if the sale extends Oz-wide, but you might like to check 'em out
if you're interested. (Probably destocking before the chain is
unloaded by the Coles-Myer group.

I managed to resist -- I don't *need* any more unread recipe books --
but I damn nearly succumbed to one on Chinese cooking. :-)

Forwarding this to RFC too, in case any of the denizens are checking
the group on their mobile phones while out on the Barrier Reef. Give
'em something to do back in town other than get ****ed and/or laid.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to aus.food,rec.food.cooking

"Phred" > wrote in message
> G'day mates,
>
> Happened to be down in the tourist ghetto of Cairns today and found
> that the local Myers department store currently has a "special" on
> *all* food and wine books in stock -- 25% off IIRC.
>
> Dunno if the sale extends Oz-wide, but you might like to check 'em out
> if you're interested. (Probably destocking before the chain is
> unloaded by the Coles-Myer group.
>
> I managed to resist -- I don't *need* any more unread recipe books --
> but I damn nearly succumbed to one on Chinese cooking. :-)
>
> Forwarding this to RFC too, in case any of the denizens are checking
> the group on their mobile phones while out on the Barrier Reef. Give
> 'em something to do back in town other than get ****ed and/or laid.
>
> Cheers, Phred.
>
> --
> LID

what were you doing in cairns? I'll have to go check that out, thanks for
the tip; I'm in need of some new recipe books.

Posted to aus.food,rec.food.cooking

In article >, "meee" > wrote:

>"Phred" > wrote in message
>> G'day mates,
>>
>> Happened to be down in the tourist ghetto of Cairns today and found
>> that the local Myers department store currently has a "special" on
>> *all* food and wine books in stock -- 25% off IIRC.
>>
>> Dunno if the sale extends Oz-wide, but you might like to check 'em out
>> if you're interested. (Probably destocking before the chain is
>> unloaded by the Coles-Myer group.
>>
>> I managed to resist -- I don't *need* any more unread recipe books --
>> but I damn nearly succumbed to one on Chinese cooking. :-)
>>
>> Forwarding this to RFC too, in case any of the denizens are checking
>> the group on their mobile phones while out on the Barrier Reef. Give
>> 'em something to do back in town other than get ****ed and/or laid.
>>

>what were you doing in cairns?

I have the fortune/misfortune of living within an hour of the ghetto.

>I'll have to go check that out, thanks for the tip; I'm in need of some
>new recipe books.

Just make sure you *use* them. ;-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

Posted to aus.food,rec.food.cooking

"Phred" > wrote in message
> In article >, "meee"
> > wrote:
>>
>>"Phred" > wrote in message
>>> G'day mates,
>>>
>>> Happened to be down in the tourist ghetto of Cairns today and found
>>> that the local Myers department store currently has a "special" on
>>> *all* food and wine books in stock -- 25% off IIRC.
>>>
>>> Dunno if the sale extends Oz-wide, but you might like to check 'em out
>>> if you're interested. (Probably destocking before the chain is
>>> unloaded by the Coles-Myer group.
>>>
>>> I managed to resist -- I don't *need* any more unread recipe books --
>>> but I damn nearly succumbed to one on Chinese cooking. :-)
>>>
>>> Forwarding this to RFC too, in case any of the denizens are checking
>>> the group on their mobile phones while out on the Barrier Reef. Give
>>> 'em something to do back in town other than get ****ed and/or laid.
>>>

>>what were you doing in cairns?

> I have the fortune/misfortune of living within an hour of the ghetto.
>
>>I'll have to go check that out, thanks for the tip; I'm in need of some
>>new recipe books.

> Just make sure you *use* them. ;-)

yes sir!! (wishing I lived as far out as you......)