Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default rotisserie rump roast

Does anyone have a tried and true recipe that I can use for a 3 lb. rump
roast? I would love to make it tonight, but could be it is better to
marinate for a few hours.

I just bought a small George Foreman rotisserie on sale (no negative
comments, please!).

--
E.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jay" > wrote in message
et...

> "elaine" > wrote in message
>
>>(no negative comments, please!).

>> E.

> Are you trying to take all the fun out of this? <G>
>
> Guess how many "offspring" GF has that are named George..I mean that he
> knows about?

Damn, I think that was negative!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > wrote in :

> Does anyone have a tried and true recipe that I can use for a 3 lb.

rump
> roast? I would love to make it tonight, but could be it is better to
> marinate for a few hours.
>
> I just bought a small George Foreman rotisserie on sale (no negative
> comments, please!).

elaine,

I have no rotisserie advice, except it's an odd shaped roast wide to not
so wide end to end, so one end will finish more done than the widest end.
Oven roasted (as I do them) or rotisseried. Same problem.

Marinade would be a dry rub, imho.

Also if you have a traditional meat thermometer that you can stick into
the center and "Spot-check" it as it rotates around into view for
doneness, that might help disaster.

Good luck,

Andy
Rump. Mmmmm... French Dip sandwiches!!! [drool]
Posted to rec.food.cooking

elaine,

Forgot, I saved this recipe from Pastorio for rump roast:

Bob (this one) wrote:

> For my restaurants, I did it this way: A rump roast is a solid muscle
> piece and doesn't need tying. We seasoned with ground white pepper,
> garlic powder and seasoning salt, and we did it generously. Heat the
> oven to 250°F (not a typo), put the meat on a rack so it's up off the
> floor of the pan and into the oven it goes. You can't cook by time
> because there are too many variables (accuracy of the oven, the
> temperature of the meat going in, the shape of the piece of meat,

etc.).

-
> 140-145°. More than that, it won't slice well and it will eat tough.
>
> Happy meat.
>
> Pastorio

Aside from the oven roasting being the difference, it is superb! His dry
rub recipe definitely tastes great.

Maybe that helps???

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> elaine,
>
> Forgot, I saved this recipe from Pastorio for rump roast:
>
> Bob (this one) wrote:
>>
>> For my restaurants, I did it this way: A rump roast is a solid muscle
>> piece and doesn't need tying. We seasoned with ground white pepper,
>> garlic powder and seasoning salt, and we did it generously. Heat the
>> oven to 250°F (not a typo), put the meat on a rack so it's up off the
>> floor of the pan and into the oven it goes. You can't cook by time
>> because there are too many variables (accuracy of the oven, the
>> temperature of the meat going in, the shape of the piece of meat,

> etc.).
>> For rare, cook to a center temp of 120-125°, med-rare - 130-135°, med

> -
>> 140-145°. More than that, it won't slice well and it will eat tough.
>>
>> Happy meat.
>>
>> Pastorio

> Aside from the oven roasting being the difference, it is superb! His dry
> rub recipe definitely tastes great.
>
> Maybe that helps???
>
> Andy

Maybe. Thanks..

Company tomorrow for the Oscars. They will be my guinea 'people'..

Elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have a tried and true recipe that I can use for a 3 lb. rump
> roast? I would love to make it tonight, but could be it is better to
> marinate for a few hours.
>
> I just bought a small George Foreman rotisserie on sale (no negative
> comments, please!).

Only way I make rump is to pot roast it. If you want to do rotisserie, get a
rib eye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 04 Mar 2006 02:32:21p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it elaine?

> Does anyone have a tried and true recipe that I can use for a 3 lb. rump
> roast? I would love to make it tonight, but could be it is better to
> marinate for a few hours.
>
> I just bought a small George Foreman rotisserie on sale (no negative
> comments, please!).

IMHO, this is not a roast for a rotisserie, though I have nothing against
the George Forman rotisserie.

A rump roast benefits best from long, slow, moist covered roasting (as in
potroast).

Here's a simple, tried and true recipe that I've used many times. The
roast always comes out fork tender.

Forget It Roast

4 Pounds Beef Chuck, Round, or Rump Roast
1 Package Onion Soup Mix
Heavy Duty Foil

Use two long sheets of foil. Sprinkle onion soup on roast, after placing
it in center of foil. Wrap roast loosely, but secure enough to hold the
juices in. Place in large pan.

Bake 9 hours at 225 degrees. Remove from oven and let sit for at least
half an hour before serving.

Notes:

Herbs may be added, if desired. A bay leaf, a splash of Worcestersauce
sauce or soy sauce. Do not add any other liquids.

If the roast is served still warm from the oven, it must be served in
chunks, as it is too tender to slice.

The roast may be chilled overnight right in the foil. It can be neatly
sliced while chilled, arranged in a baking dish, covered with gravy, and
reheated gently before serving. It is at least as good, if not better,
served this way.

The juices make an excellent base for gravy, and should be diluted by at
least half as much or more of water, to taste. If the roast is chilled,
the juices will become jellied. Scrape away from the meat into a
saucepan, mix with water, and thicken with a roux (or not).

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo
____________________

BIOYA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 15:52:21 -0600, elaine wrote
(in article >):

> "jay" > wrote in message
> et...
>>
>> "elaine" > wrote in message
>>
>>> (no negative comments, please!).

>>> E.

>> Are you trying to take all the fun out of this? <G>
>>
>> Guess how many "offspring" GF has that are named George..I mean that he
>> knows about?

> Damn, I think that was negative!

I'm missing this whole thing. In fact, I was looking at one of those GF
rotisserie mini's today and thought they might be ok? I don't have one in my
oven so a countertop may be something we'd use.

They certainly look functional but are they or rather, what is the downside
other than losing to Ali?

I am a boxing fan btw :-)

--
Cheers!

Dennis

Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> On Sat 04 Mar 2006 02:32:21p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it elaine?
>
>> Does anyone have a tried and true recipe that I can use for a 3 lb. rump
>> roast? I would love to make it tonight, but could be it is better to
>> marinate for a few hours.
>>
>> I just bought a small George Foreman rotisserie on sale (no negative
>> comments, please!).
>>

> IMHO, this is not a roast for a rotisserie, though I have nothing against
> the George Forman rotisserie.
>
> A rump roast benefits best from long, slow, moist covered roasting (as in
> potroast).
>
> Here's a simple, tried and true recipe that I've used many times. The
> roast always comes out fork tender.
>
> Forget It Roast
>
> 4 Pounds Beef Chuck, Round, or Rump Roast
> 1 Package Onion Soup Mix
> Heavy Duty Foil
>
> Use two long sheets of foil. Sprinkle onion soup on roast, after placing
> it in center of foil. Wrap roast loosely, but secure enough to hold the
> juices in. Place in large pan.
>
> Bake 9 hours at 225 degrees. Remove from oven and let sit for at least
> half an hour before serving.
>
> Notes:
>
> Herbs may be added, if desired. A bay leaf, a splash of Worcestersauce
> sauce or soy sauce. Do not add any other liquids.
>
> If the roast is served still warm from the oven, it must be served in
> chunks, as it is too tender to slice.
>
> The roast may be chilled overnight right in the foil. It can be neatly
> sliced while chilled, arranged in a baking dish, covered with gravy, and
> reheated gently before serving. It is at least as good, if not better,
> served this way.
>
> The juices make an excellent base for gravy, and should be diluted by at
> least half as much or more of water, to taste. If the roast is chilled,
> the juices will become jellied. Scrape away from the meat into a
> saucepan, mix with water, and thicken with a roux (or not).
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright ożo

This sounds like a crock pot recipe. Guess that will now be my dinner for
tomorrow.

My new rotisserie will have to wait on the counter. .

E.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 04 Mar 2006 10:26:30p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it elaine?

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>> On Sat 04 Mar 2006 02:32:21p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it elaine?
>>
>>> Does anyone have a tried and true recipe that I can use for a 3 lb.
>>> rump roast? I would love to make it tonight, but could be it is
>>> better to marinate for a few hours.
>>>
>>> I just bought a small George Foreman rotisserie on sale (no negative
>>> comments, please!).
>>>

>> IMHO, this is not a roast for a rotisserie, though I have nothing
>> against the George Forman rotisserie.
>>
>> A rump roast benefits best from long, slow, moist covered roasting (as
>> in potroast).
>>
>> Here's a simple, tried and true recipe that I've used many times. The
>> roast always comes out fork tender.
>>
>> Forget It Roast
>>
>> 4 Pounds Beef Chuck, Round, or Rump Roast
>> 1 Package Onion Soup Mix
>> Heavy Duty Foil
>>
>> Use two long sheets of foil. Sprinkle onion soup on roast, after
>> placing it in center of foil. Wrap roast loosely, but secure enough to
>> hold the juices in. Place in large pan.
>>
>> Bake 9 hours at 225 degrees. Remove from oven and let sit for at least
>> half an hour before serving.
>>
>> Notes:
>>
>> Herbs may be added, if desired. A bay leaf, a splash of Worcestersauce
>> sauce or soy sauce. Do not add any other liquids.
>>
>> If the roast is served still warm from the oven, it must be served in
>> chunks, as it is too tender to slice.
>>
>> The roast may be chilled overnight right in the foil. It can be neatly
>> sliced while chilled, arranged in a baking dish, covered with gravy,
>> and reheated gently before serving. It is at least as good, if not
>> better, served this way.
>>
>> The juices make an excellent base for gravy, and should be diluted by
>> at least half as much or more of water, to taste. If the roast is
>> chilled, the juices will become jellied. Scrape away from the meat
>> into a saucepan, mix with water, and thicken with a roux (or not).
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright ożo

> This sounds like a crock pot recipe. Guess that will now be my dinner
> for tomorrow.
>
> My new rotisserie will have to wait on the counter. .
>
> E.

Yes, Elaine, it does sounds like a crockpot recipe. However, it's old
enough to have preceded crockpots. :-) I once tried the very same thing
in my crockpot, but it wasn't nearly as good and did not taste the same as
when sealed in the foil and done in the oven. That may not seem to make
sense, but it's true. I think you'll enjoy it.

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo
____________________

BIOYA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 22:49:21 -0600, Ruddell wrote:

> what is the downside

Ask about cleaning it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> On Sat 04 Mar 2006 10:26:30p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it elaine?
>
>>> Forget It Roast
>>>
>>> 4 Pounds Beef Chuck, Round, or Rump Roast
>>> 1 Package Onion Soup Mix
>>> Heavy Duty Foil
>>>
>>> Use two long sheets of foil. Sprinkle onion soup on roast, after
>>> placing it in center of foil. Wrap roast loosely, but secure enough to
>>> hold the juices in. Place in large pan.
>>>
>>> Bake 9 hours at 225 degrees. Remove from oven and let sit for at least
>>> half an hour before serving.
>>>
>>> Notes:
>>>
>>> Herbs may be added, if desired. A bay leaf, a splash of Worcestersauce
>>> sauce or soy sauce. Do not add any other liquids.
>>>
>>> If the roast is served still warm from the oven, it must be served in
>>> chunks, as it is too tender to slice.
>>>
>>> The roast may be chilled overnight right in the foil. It can be neatly
>>> sliced while chilled, arranged in a baking dish, covered with gravy,
>>> and reheated gently before serving. It is at least as good, if not
>>> better, served this way.
>>>
>>> The juices make an excellent base for gravy, and should be diluted by
>>> at least half as much or more of water, to taste. If the roast is
>>> chilled, the juices will become jellied. Scrape away from the meat
>>> into a saucepan, mix with water, and thicken with a roux (or not).
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wayne Boatwright ożo

>> This sounds like a crock pot recipe. Guess that will now be my dinner
>> for tomorrow.
>>
>> My new rotisserie will have to wait on the counter. .
>>
>> E.

> Yes, Elaine, it does sounds like a crockpot recipe. However, it's old
> enough to have preceded crockpots. :-) I once tried the very same thing
> in my crockpot, but it wasn't nearly as good and did not taste the same as
> when sealed in the foil and done in the oven. That may not seem to make
> sense, but it's true. I think you'll enjoy it.

I believe you. Roasts that I have done in the crockpot, tend to have too
much liquid for my liking. I'm putting it in the oven - right now actually!
Thanks.

Elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> On Sat 04 Mar 2006 02:32:21p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it elaine?
>
>> Does anyone have a tried and true recipe that I can use for a 3 lb. rump
>> roast? I would love to make it tonight, but could be it is better to
>> marinate for a few hours.
>>
>> I just bought a small George Foreman rotisserie on sale (no negative
>> comments, please!).
>>

> IMHO, this is not a roast for a rotisserie, though I have nothing against
> the George Forman rotisserie.
>
> A rump roast benefits best from long, slow, moist covered roasting (as in
> potroast).
>
> Here's a simple, tried and true recipe that I've used many times. The
> roast always comes out fork tender.
>
> Forget It Roast
>
> 4 Pounds Beef Chuck, Round, or Rump Roast
> 1 Package Onion Soup Mix
> Heavy Duty Foil
>
> Use two long sheets of foil. Sprinkle onion soup on roast, after placing
> it in center of foil. Wrap roast loosely, but secure enough to hold the
> juices in. Place in large pan.
>
> Bake 9 hours at 225 degrees. Remove from oven and let sit for at least
> half an hour before serving.
>
> Notes:
>
> Herbs may be added, if desired. A bay leaf, a splash of Worcestersauce
> sauce or soy sauce. Do not add any other liquids.
>
> If the roast is served still warm from the oven, it must be served in
> chunks, as it is too tender to slice.
>
> The roast may be chilled overnight right in the foil. It can be neatly
> sliced while chilled, arranged in a baking dish, covered with gravy, and
> reheated gently before serving. It is at least as good, if not better,
> served this way.
>
> The juices make an excellent base for gravy, and should be diluted by at
> least half as much or more of water, to taste. If the roast is chilled,
> the juices will become jellied. Scrape away from the meat into a
> saucepan, mix with water, and thicken with a roux (or not).
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright ożo
> ____________________
>
> BIOYA

That sounds exactly like the way my mother used to make her roasts. They
were wonderful -- and, as you said, falling-off-the-fork-tender.

Now, a question for you: I can't remember if she mixed the onion soup mix
(she used Lipton) with water or simply added the dry mix and counted on
juices from the meat to make the liquid. I would like to make one soon and
would like to try to "emulate" hers. Do you add liquid?

Thanks,
MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>> On Sat 04 Mar 2006 02:32:21p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it elaine?
>>
>>> Does anyone have a tried and true recipe that I can use for a 3 lb. rump
>>> roast? I would love to make it tonight, but could be it is better to
>>> marinate for a few hours.
>>>
>>> I just bought a small George Foreman rotisserie on sale (no negative
>>> comments, please!).
>>>

>> IMHO, this is not a roast for a rotisserie, though I have nothing against
>> the George Forman rotisserie.
>>
>> A rump roast benefits best from long, slow, moist covered roasting (as in
>> potroast).
>>
>> Here's a simple, tried and true recipe that I've used many times. The
>> roast always comes out fork tender.
>>
>> Forget It Roast
>>
>> 4 Pounds Beef Chuck, Round, or Rump Roast
>> 1 Package Onion Soup Mix
>> Heavy Duty Foil
>>
>> Use two long sheets of foil. Sprinkle onion soup on roast, after placing
>> it in center of foil. Wrap roast loosely, but secure enough to hold the
>> juices in. Place in large pan.
>>
>> Bake 9 hours at 225 degrees. Remove from oven and let sit for at least
>> half an hour before serving.
>>
>> Notes:
>>
>> Herbs may be added, if desired. A bay leaf, a splash of Worcestersauce
>> sauce or soy sauce. Do not add any other liquids.
>>
>> If the roast is served still warm from the oven, it must be served in
>> chunks, as it is too tender to slice.
>>
>> The roast may be chilled overnight right in the foil. It can be neatly
>> sliced while chilled, arranged in a baking dish, covered with gravy, and
>> reheated gently before serving. It is at least as good, if not better,
>> served this way.
>>
>> The juices make an excellent base for gravy, and should be diluted by at
>> least half as much or more of water, to taste. If the roast is chilled,
>> the juices will become jellied. Scrape away from the meat into a
>> saucepan, mix with water, and thicken with a roux (or not).
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright ożo
>> ____________________
>>
>> BIOYA

> That sounds exactly like the way my mother used to make her roasts. They
> were wonderful -- and, as you said, falling-off-the-fork-tender.
>
> Now, a question for you: I can't remember if she mixed the onion soup mix
> (she used Lipton) with water or simply added the dry mix and counted on
> juices from the meat to make the liquid. I would like to make one soon
> and would like to try to "emulate" hers. Do you add liquid?
>
> Thanks,
> MaryL

I didn't. Line 2 of the recipe - "do not add any other liquids"

Elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 05 Mar 2006 06:25:20a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it MaryL?

> That sounds exactly like the way my mother used to make her roasts.
> They were wonderful -- and, as you said, falling-off-the-fork-tender.
>
> Now, a question for you: I can't remember if she mixed the onion soup
> mix (she used Lipton) with water or simply added the dry mix and counted
> on juices from the meat to make the liquid. I would like to make one
> soon and would like to try to "emulate" hers. Do you add liquid?

No, as stated, you do not add water. I usually put a light sprinkle of
Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce on it, but other than that it goes in dry.
There will be sufficient liquid for a gravy base when the roast is done. You
will need to add water at that point because the flavor is concentrated. I
can usually expect enough to make 2-3 cups of gravy, or sometimes even more.

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo
____________________

BIOYA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 05 Mar 2006 06:43:34a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it elaine?

> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
>>
>> That sounds exactly like the way my mother used to make her roasts.
>> They were wonderful -- and, as you said, falling-off-the-fork-tender.
>>
>> Now, a question for you: I can't remember if she mixed the onion soup
>> mix (she used Lipton) with water or simply added the dry mix and
>> counted on juices from the meat to make the liquid. I would like to
>> make one soon and would like to try to "emulate" hers. Do you add
>> liquid?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> MaryL

> I didn't. Line 2 of the recipe - "do not add any other liquids"
>
> Elaine

Thanks, Elaine. I didn't see your response until after I also answered.

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo
____________________

BIOYA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> On Sun 05 Mar 2006 06:25:20a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it MaryL?
>
>> That sounds exactly like the way my mother used to make her roasts.
>> They were wonderful -- and, as you said, falling-off-the-fork-tender.
>>
>> Now, a question for you: I can't remember if she mixed the onion soup
>> mix (she used Lipton) with water or simply added the dry mix and counted
>> on juices from the meat to make the liquid. I would like to make one
>> soon and would like to try to "emulate" hers. Do you add liquid?

> No, as stated, you do not add water. I usually put a light sprinkle of
> Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce on it, but other than that it goes in
> dry.
> There will be sufficient liquid for a gravy base when the roast is done.
> You
> will need to add water at that point because the flavor is concentrated.
> can usually expect enough to make 2-3 cups of gravy, or sometimes even
> more.

Do you think those drippings would be good for Yorkshire Puddings?
Elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 05 Mar 2006 07:19:03a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it elaine?

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>> On Sun 05 Mar 2006 06:25:20a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it MaryL?
>>
>>> That sounds exactly like the way my mother used to make her roasts.
>>> They were wonderful -- and, as you said, falling-off-the-fork-tender.
>>>
>>> Now, a question for you: I can't remember if she mixed the onion soup
>>> mix (she used Lipton) with water or simply added the dry mix and
>>> counted on juices from the meat to make the liquid. I would like to
>>> make one soon and would like to try to "emulate" hers. Do you add
>>> liquid?

>> No, as stated, you do not add water. I usually put a light sprinkle of
>> Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce on it, but other than that it goes in
>> dry. There will be sufficient liquid for a gravy base when the roast is
>> done. You
>> will need to add water at that point because the flavor is
>> concentrated. I
>> can usually expect enough to make 2-3 cups of gravy, or sometimes even
>> more.

> Do you think those drippings would be good for Yorkshire Puddings?

Not without allowing them to stand so that the fat can rise and separate
out. Otherwise, there is too much un-fat to be suitable.

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo
____________________

BIOYA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in
28.19:

> un-fat

??????

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 05 Mar 2006 07:40:22a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Andy?

> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in
> 28.19:
>
>> un-fat

> ??????

Well, uh, ya know, the part that isn't fat. <g>

--
Wayne Boatwright ożo
____________________

BIOYA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
28.19...
> On Sun 05 Mar 2006 06:25:20a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it MaryL?
>
>> That sounds exactly like the way my mother used to make her roasts.
>> They were wonderful -- and, as you said, falling-off-the-fork-tender.
>>
>> Now, a question for you: I can't remember if she mixed the onion soup
>> mix (she used Lipton) with water or simply added the dry mix and counted
>> on juices from the meat to make the liquid. I would like to make one
>> soon and would like to try to "emulate" hers. Do you add liquid?

> No, as stated, you do not add water. I usually put a light sprinkle of
> Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce on it, but other than that it goes in
> dry.
> There will be sufficient liquid for a gravy base when the roast is done.
> You
> will need to add water at that point because the flavor is concentrated.
> can usually expect enough to make 2-3 cups of gravy, or sometimes even
> more.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright ożo
> ____________________
>
> BIOYA

Thanks, Wayne. My mind must be failing (again!). I "thought" I read
through the recipe, but I missed the line. about not adding liquid.

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>> 28.19...
>>> On Sun 05 Mar 2006 06:25:20a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it MaryL?

>>> No, as stated, you do not add water. I usually put a light sprinkle of
>>> Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce on it, but other than that it goes in
>>> dry. There will be sufficient liquid for a gravy base when the roast is
>>> done. You
>>> will need to add water at that point because the flavor is
>>> concentrated. I
>>> can usually expect enough to make 2-3 cups of gravy, or sometimes even
>>> more.

>> Do you think those drippings would be good for Yorkshire Puddings?

> Not without allowing them to stand so that the fat can rise and separate
> out. Otherwise, there is too much un-fat to be suitable.

Yes, sort of what I thought. It would be too liquidy. Thanks.

Elaine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"elaine" > wrote in message
> "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message

.. Do you add liquid?

>> Thanks,
>> MaryL

> I didn't. Line 2 of the recipe - "do not add any other liquids"
>
> Elaine

Thanks! I read Wayne's recipe and somehow missed the line that said not to
add liquid. (Note to self: *concentrate*)

MaryL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 01:37:14 -0600, sf wrote
(in article >):

> On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 22:49:21 -0600, Ruddell wrote:
>
>> what is the downside

> Ask about cleaning it.

That's it? They're difficult to clean but work fine as far as the end result
goes?

--
Cheers!

Dennis

Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ruddell" > wrote in message
. net...
> On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 15:52:21 -0600, elaine wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> "jay" > wrote in message
>> et...

>>> Are you trying to take all the fun out of this? <G>
>>>
>>> Guess how many "offspring" GF has that are named George..I mean that he
>>> knows about?

>> Damn, I think that was negative!

> I'm missing this whole thing. In fact, I was looking at one of those GF
> rotisserie mini's today and thought they might be ok? I don't have one in
> my
> oven so a countertop may be something we'd use.
>
> They certainly look functional but are they or rather, what is the
> downside
> other than losing to Ali?
>
> I am a boxing fan btw :-)
>

> --
> Cheers!
>
> Dennis

===================>

We have the Ron Popeil Rotisserie and LOVE it!! Everything we've made in it
was to die for:

Porkchops
Meatloaf (Yes - and is AMAZING!!!)
Chicken (Whole and breasts)
Sausages
Burgers
Corned Beef (really good but I think I still prefer it in the pressure
cooker)

I'm sure we've used it for other things but these are done regularly...

--
Syssi

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 22:49:21 -0600, Ruddell wrote:
>
>> what is the downside

> Ask about cleaning it.
> --

=========

Our Ron Popeil (Showtime 5000) model is quite easy to clean.

--
Syssi