Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Technical Help Wanted Urgently

I think I've got a problem. The only unread messages that are
downloading are ones I've sent myself. I can't believe that nobody has
posted anything in the last five hours!

Derrick's not bothered with newsgroups and can't offhand make any useful
suggestions. Could somebody who knows about these things help me out?
What have I done wrong?

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Old Mother Ashby" > wrote in message
>I think I've got a problem. The only unread messages that are downloading
>are ones I've sent myself. I can't believe that nobody has posted anything
>in the last five hours!

Try 24hoursupport.helpdesk. Lots of helpful people at that newsgroup.

Jen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Old Mother Ashby > wrote:

> I think I've got a problem. The only unread messages that are
> downloading are ones I've sent myself. I can't believe that nobody has
> posted anything in the last five hours!
>
> Derrick's not bothered with newsgroups and can't offhand make any useful
> suggestions. Could somebody who knows about these things help me out?
> What have I done wrong?
>
> Christine

Call customer support.
It's probably your server.

In the meantime, you can get caught up by using Google groups.
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
hob hob is offline

"Old Mother Ashby" > wrote in message
> I think I've got a problem. The only unread messages that are
> downloading are ones I've sent myself. I can't believe that nobody has
> posted anything in the last five hours!
>
> Derrick's not bothered with newsgroups and can't offhand make any useful
> suggestions. Could somebody who knows about these things help me out?
> What have I done wrong?

Just in the past week or so, I have had posts that do not show up on
newsgroups.

It may have something to do with the Usegroup system, or maybe even hackers
messing with the NSA usenet-monitoring programs (we can only hope :-) )

Be patriotic and accept that some of your more potentially subversive posts
will not make it, a small sacrifice for the security of this great nation.
It is well known that food newsgroups often have secret recipes for
bombes, and subversive food-people giving out "bad" recipes are a real and
known threat to this great nation's food supply. (Unlike watching certain
leader-groups bumble about, bumbling that makes said food merely hard to
keep down.)

> Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hob wrote:

>"Old Mother Ashby" > wrote in message
>

>>I think I've got a problem. The only unread messages that are
>>downloading are ones I've sent myself. I can't believe that nobody has
>>posted anything in the last five hours!
>>
>>Derrick's not bothered with newsgroups and can't offhand make any useful
>>suggestions. Could somebody who knows about these things help me out?
>>What have I done wrong?
>>

>Just in the past week or so, I have had posts that do not show up on
>newsgroups.
>
>It may have something to do with the Usegroup system, or maybe even hackers
>messing with the NSA usenet-monitoring programs (we can only hope :-) )
>
>Be patriotic and accept that some of your more potentially subversive posts
>will not make it, a small sacrifice for the security of this great nation.
> It is well known that food newsgroups often have secret recipes for
>bombes, and subversive food-people giving out "bad" recipes are a real and
>known threat to this great nation's food supply. (Unlike watching certain
>leader-groups bumble about, bumbling that makes said food merely hard to
>keep down.)
>

>>Christine

Goodness, hadn't thought of that? Are the spooks going to break down my
door if I request a recipe for Bombe Alaska?

It's OK now, I've just got 700 odd posts to wade through!

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking
hob hob is offline

"Old Mother Ashby" > wrote in message
> hob wrote:
>
> >"Old Mother Ashby" > wrote in message
> >

> >>I think I've got a problem. The only unread messages that are
> >>downloading are ones I've sent myself. I can't believe that nobody has
> >>posted anything in the last five hours!
> >>
> >>Derrick's not bothered with newsgroups and can't offhand make any useful
> >>suggestions. Could somebody who knows about these things help me out?
> >>What have I done wrong?
> >>

> >Just in the past week or so, I have had posts that do not show up on
> >newsgroups.
> >
> >It may have something to do with the Usegroup system, or maybe even

hackers
> >messing with the NSA usenet-monitoring programs (we can only hope :-) )
> >
> >Be patriotic and accept that some of your more potentially subversive

posts
> >will not make it, a small sacrifice for the security of this great

nation.
> > It is well known that food newsgroups often have secret recipes for
> >bombes, and subversive food-people giving out "bad" recipes are a real

and
> >known threat to this great nation's food supply. (Unlike watching

certain
> >leader-groups bumble about, bumbling that makes said food merely hard to
> >keep down.)
> >

> >>Christine
> >>

> Goodness, hadn't thought of that? Are the spooks going to break down my
> door if I request a recipe for Bombe Alaska?

Now you've done it. You've used the b___ word.

(However, I wouldn't worry too much. NSA is as screwed up as most
bureaucracies, if not more. Like they say in intel - since they really don't
know what is in the woods they're watching, they can never know if they
found half the animals or not. And, "mystery is perfection".
Besides - Like any terrorist worth his salt is going to even use the b___
word in his electronic communications....)

> It's OK now, I've just got 700 odd posts to wade through!
>
> Christine

Do you need cash urgently and looking for some financial support Tim Creare General Cooking 9 14-06-2009 01:24 AM
FAQ Site Technical Changes cwdjrxyz Wine 0 11-10-2006 04:05 AM
Help needed urgently! MoM Baking 5 01-01-2006 08:04 PM
Help needed urgently! MoM General Cooking 8 01-01-2006 08:04 PM
Roux - technical [email protected] General Cooking 0 24-03-2005 11:24 PM