Posted to rec.food.cooking
hob hob is offline

Default Technical Help Wanted Urgently

"Old Mother Ashby" > wrote in message
> I think I've got a problem. The only unread messages that are
> downloading are ones I've sent myself. I can't believe that nobody has
> posted anything in the last five hours!
>
> Derrick's not bothered with newsgroups and can't offhand make any useful
> suggestions. Could somebody who knows about these things help me out?
> What have I done wrong?

Just in the past week or so, I have had posts that do not show up on
newsgroups.

It may have something to do with the Usegroup system, or maybe even hackers
messing with the NSA usenet-monitoring programs (we can only hope :-) )

Be patriotic and accept that some of your more potentially subversive posts
will not make it, a small sacrifice for the security of this great nation.
It is well known that food newsgroups often have secret recipes for
bombes, and subversive food-people giving out "bad" recipes are a real and
known threat to this great nation's food supply. (Unlike watching certain
leader-groups bumble about, bumbling that makes said food merely hard to
keep down.)