Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cowboy Chili

The idea of this recipe is to have the mix prepared in advance in their
small batter bowl. I never do this. I have all the ingredients on hand and
make the mix right before I use it. Today I bought some Niman ranch stew
meat at Tjs and made the recipe for dinner. Oh so good!

Lynne

Cowboy Chili

Recipe from Pampered Chef

Cowboy chili mix
2 Tbs. chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp. oregano leaves
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup dried cilantro or parsley leaves
1/2 cup dehydrated minced onions
1/2 cup dried black beans
1/2 cup dried kidney beans
1/2 cup dried pinto beans
2 snack size corn chips unopened

Cowboy Chili
1 recipe cowboy chili mix
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 pound beef stew meat cut into 1 inch cubes
1 garlic clove
4 cups water
1 jar salsa
1 can tomato sauce
optional toppings-shredded cheese, sour cream, and green onions

Remove corn chips from chili mix, set aside. Heat oil in Professional
casserole over medium hear until hot. Add meat and garlic. Cook 6-7 minutes
or until browned. Stir in chili mix and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat,
cover, and simmer 1 1/2 hours. Stir in salsa and tomato sauce. Simmer,
covered 30 minutes or until beans and meat are tender. Top with desired
toppings and corn chips
Yield: 8 cups

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wow!
Cowboy Chili,
this sounds like Ladys' Home Journal chili. I jar salsa oh my...

Biff

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Yeah. It's pretty sad. Three kinds of beans...and not just tomato,
but a can of tomato /sauce/...

I wouldn't feed that mess to a chihuahua that's had real chili, much
less a cowboy.

Don't suppose you'd know where on the Pecos one could find Fritos or
Doritos growing wild...

--Blair

Cowboy Stew Tara General Cooking 107 09-10-2013 08:25 PM
My first cowboy chili donny General Cooking 43 05-02-2009 04:35 PM
Cowboy Burgers [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 16-05-2007 03:16 AM
Cowboy Pizza [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 14-01-2007 01:20 AM
Cowboy Cookies Maureen Recipes (moderated) 0 04-05-2005 02:55 AM