Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Nutella

Newby here--Ive just found Nutella...ate the whole jar,like heaven..what
else can I make with it?...also where can I find Joyva chocolate
halvah.online..throwback to my NY days..miss it all down here..Taylor
Pork roll,ummm cant find that here either...thanks

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abaldwin + wrote:

> Newby here--Ive just found Nutella...ate the whole
> jar,like heaven..what
> else can I make with it?...also where can I find Joyva
> chocolate

A big spoonful of Nutella is good on ice cream. It is great
on bread or toast.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abaldwin + wrote:
> Newby here--Ive just found Nutella...ate the whole jar,like heaven..what
> else can I make with it?...also where can I find Joyva chocolate
> halvah.online..throwback to my NY days..miss it all down here..Taylor
> Pork roll,ummm cant find that here either...thanks

Nutella is great on toast, or as a filling between 2 layers of cake.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

tsr3 wrote on 14 Feb 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Abaldwin + wrote:
> > Newby here--Ive just found Nutella...ate the whole jar,like
> > heaven..what else can I make with it?...also where can I find Joyva
> > chocolate halvah.online..throwback to my NY days..miss it all down
> > here..Taylor Pork roll,ummm cant find that here either...thanks
> >

> Nutella is great on toast, or as a filling between 2 layers of cake.

make jam err nutella tarts...or

as a filling for puff pastry shells....

dip into it things like strawberries....

My Favorite is topping for pancakes;make the pancakes the size of the
frying pan...lightly (ha) or not butter them; spread with nutella...roll
them up and eat them while still warm (kinda crepes-like)

.....with a muffin tin & papers ...add some muffin batter (your choice);
carefully add a smallish dollop of nutella, fill using more muffin
batter...continue as if normal muffins. I do this using brandy plumped
raisins in the muffin batter

...instead of plumping raisis in hot/warm water you soak them a tad longer
in room temp brandy or rum. (It is allowed to drink the raisin flavour
brandy later or not.)

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abaldwin + wrote:

> Newby here--Ive just found Nutella...ate the whole jar,like heaven..what
> else can I make with it?...also where can I find Joyva chocolate
> halvah.online..throwback to my NY days..miss it all down here..Taylor
> Pork roll,ummm cant find that here either...thanks

Chocolate/nutella Covered Rice Chex

Gigi's Little Bit'a Nutty Heaven
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001
Show: The Essence of Emeril Episode: Candy

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Beaucoup, or about 12 cups

6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 (13-ounce) jar chocolate-hazelnut spread
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1 (12-ounce) box corn and rice cereal
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

In a saucepan, melt the butter, chocolate-hazelnut spread, and chocolate
chips over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
In a large bowl place the cereal and pour the melted chocolate mixture
over the top. Gently stir well to coat evenly. Sprinkle with the powdered
sugar and cocoa, and toss to coat. Store in an airtight container.

Other Recipes from this Episode
Gigi's Little Bit'a Nutty Heaven
Walnut-ty Nuggets
Coconut Indulgences

--
Reg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Best place for Joyva Halvah on the web is www.halvah.biz.

Reg wrote:
> Abaldwin + wrote:
>
> > Newby here--Ive just found Nutella...ate the whole jar,like heaven..what
> > else can I make with it?...also where can I find Joyva chocolate
> > halvah.online..throwback to my NY days..miss it all down here..Taylor
> > Pork roll,ummm cant find that here either...thanks

> Chocolate/nutella Covered Rice Chex
>
> Gigi's Little Bit'a Nutty Heaven
> Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001
> Show: The Essence of Emeril Episode: Candy
>
> Prep Time: 15 minutes
> Cook Time: 15 minutes
> Yield: Beaucoup, or about 12 cups
>
> 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
> 1 (13-ounce) jar chocolate-hazelnut spread
> 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
> 1 (12-ounce) box corn and rice cereal
> 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
> 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
>
> In a saucepan, melt the butter, chocolate-hazelnut spread, and chocolate
> chips over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
> In a large bowl place the cereal and pour the melted chocolate mixture
> over the top. Gently stir well to coat evenly. Sprinkle with the powdered
> sugar and cocoa, and toss to coat. Store in an airtight container.
>
> Other Recipes from this Episode
> Gigi's Little Bit'a Nutty Heaven
> Walnut-ty Nuggets
> Coconut Indulgences
>
> --
> Reg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thanks for the Halvah website...now I can indulge!^^^^Anna

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I saw this on Food Network the other day. Looked interesting ;-)

Nutella Ravioli

16 wonton wrappers
1 egg, beaten to blend
1 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
Vegetable oil, for frying
16 fresh mint leaves
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
Granulated sugar, for dredging
Powdered sugar, for dusting

Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap. Place 1 wonton wrapper on the
work surface. Brush the edges of the wrapper lightly with egg. Spoon 1
tablespoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread into the center of the wrapper.
Fold the wrapper diagonally in half over the filling and press the
edges of the wrapper to seal. Place the ravioli on the prepared baking
sheet. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers, egg, and
chocolate-hazelnut spread.
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Add enough oil to a heavy large
frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat
to 350 degrees F.

Working in batches, carefully add the ravioli to the hot oil and cook
until they are golden brown, about 45 seconds per side. Using a slotted
spoon, transfer the ravioli to a plate lined with paper towels to
drain. Then, transfer the cooked ravioli to another baking sheet and
keep them warm in the oven while frying the remaining ravioli. (The
fried ravioli can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cool them completely, then
cover and refrigerate. Before serving, place them on a baking sheet and
rewarm in a preheated 375 degrees F oven just until they are heated
through, about 7 minutes.)

Spray the top side of the mint leaves very lightly with nonstick spray.
Working with 1 leaf at a time, dredge the coated side of the leaves in
sugar to coat lightly.

Arrange 2 fried ravioli on each plate. Dust the ravioli with powdered
sugar. Garnish with the sugared mint leaves and serve.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abaldwin + wrote:
> Newby here--Ive just found Nutella...ate the whole jar,like heaven..what
> else can I make with it?...also where can I find Joyva chocolate
> halvah.online..throwback to my NY days..miss it all down here..Taylor
> Pork roll,ummm cant find that here either...thanks

Um, well yes. We like Nutella too, but this smacks a bit of "guerilla
marketing".

I have seen quite a few threads lately on "brand names" etc. and after
reading several articles on this "marketing" tactic, please forgive me
for getting a little suspicious...

Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Your right Cathy it does seem suspicious. I never even thought of that
tactic and the only reason there is mention of "Nutella" in the recipe
I posted is because that is exactly how it is posted on Food Networks
website (I copy & pasted it here). Thanks for making me aware.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"cathyxyz" > wrote:

> Abaldwin + wrote:
> > Newby here--Ive just found Nutella...ate the whole jar,like heaven..what
> > else can I make with it?...also where can I find Joyva chocolate
> > halvah.online..throwback to my NY days..miss it all down here..Taylor
> > Pork roll,ummm cant find that here either...thanks

> Um, well yes. We like Nutella too, but this smacks a bit of "guerilla
> marketing".
>
> I have seen quite a few threads lately on "brand names" etc. and after
> reading several articles on this "marketing" tactic, please forgive me
> for getting a little suspicious...
>

> Cheers
> Cathy(xyz)

I actually posted about Nutella recently myself. :-)
It's only the food of the gods, so always worth a mention IMHO?

Never heard of Joyva chocolate.
I prefer Lindt, especially their truffles!

OH MY GOD are they good!
I've gotten several female co-workers addicted to them.
I'm now known as "the chocolate guru" at work.

Sometimes name brands are not a bad thing. <G>

Never heard of Taylor pork rolls either, nor am I interested?
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> I prefer Lindt, especially their truffles!

Yep it's good... we like the orange chocolate...

> Sometimes name brands are not a bad thing. <G>

Yabut, to come in here as a "newbie" and "rant" about how good it was?

Cathy(xyz) Suspicious.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article . com>,
> "cathyxyz" > wrote:
>

>>Abaldwin + wrote:
>>
>>>Newby here--Ive just found Nutella...ate the whole jar,like heaven..what
>>>else can I make with it?...also where can I find Joyva chocolate
>>>halvah.online..throwback to my NY days..miss it all down here..Taylor
>>>Pork roll,ummm cant find that here either...thanks

>>Um, well yes. We like Nutella too, but this smacks a bit of "guerilla
>>marketing".

>>Cheers
>>Cathy(xyz)
>>

> I actually posted about Nutella recently myself. :-)
> It's only the food of the gods, so always worth a mention IMHO?
>
> Never heard of Joyva chocolate.
> I prefer Lindt, especially their truffles!

Joyva makes Halvah, not eating chocolate. It's an acquired taste.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"cathyxyz" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>

> > I prefer Lindt, especially their truffles!

> Yep it's good... we like the orange chocolate...

I have yet to find a bad Lindt chocolate. <lol>

> > Sometimes name brands are not a bad thing. <G>

> Yabut, to come in here as a "newbie" and "rant" about how good it was?

That IS a good point!!!
Wonder why she did not post a link?

--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .net>,
Margaret Suran > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> > In article . com>,

> >>Um, well yes. We like Nutella too, but this smacks a bit of "guerilla
> >>marketing".

> >>Cheers
> >>Cathy(xyz)
> >>

> > I actually posted about Nutella recently myself. :-)
> > It's only the food of the gods, so always worth a mention IMHO?
> >
> > Never heard of Joyva chocolate.
> > I prefer Lindt, especially their truffles!
> >

> Joyva makes Halvah, not eating chocolate. It's an acquired taste.

Think I'll stick with Mole'...

<G>
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Get thee to the Asian foods section of your local market and get some
wonton or gyoza skins. Then get some strawberries. Spread a tsp or so
of Nutella in the center, add a couple slices of strawberry (or one,
depending on size) and fry til golden and crispy. Dust lightly with
powdered sugar if desired. These are sooooooooooooo good. Decadence,
all wrapped up in a neat lil package.

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I have no Idea what you are talking about...dont know what guerrila
marketing is .I posted because i thought this was a friendly group who
talk about favorite foods and cooking so i did.Im just an ordinary
person who was looking for a friendly group to talk about the foods i
love...Thank all of you who responded by giving me recipes etc

+++++*********************ANNA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

AsI responeded to Kathys post..I dont know of any other way to describe
things ...How would you describe Aldi,s or Olive Garden without thier
Name?If I said 'that chocolate hazelnut spread' someone would
ask..'whats it called?
People use brand names everyday in many ways..and they are not up to
something devious.I didnt post a link because I had no reason to..NO i
dont work for them or anyone elseI have no ulterior motives...sorry to
have offeneded anyone ,I wont be posting anymore so you can set your
mind at ease..sorry I made a mistake

+++++*********************ANNA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

AsI said before I didnt know what else to talk about to break the ice so
I talked about what I like..Ill not respond anymore...Sorry this is such
a close minded group by a few poeple..i had thought it was a nice place
to talk about the foods I love...Im leving so you dont have to be
suspicious anymore.Im a retiree who lives in Florida and was just
looking for friends...Goodbye

+++++*********************ANNA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abaldwin + wrote:
> I have no Idea what you are talking about...dont know what guerrila
> marketing is .I posted because i thought this was a friendly group who
> talk about favorite foods and cooking so i did.Im just an ordinary
> person who was looking for a friendly group to talk about the foods i
> love...Thank all of you who responded by giving me recipes etc
>

> +++++*********************ANNA

Anna, Cathy was teasing you. She ended her post with a winking
smiley, to make certain that everybody would know it was all in fun.
Here it is, just look at it. She didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

> Yabut, to come in here as a "newbie" and "rant" about how good it was?
>

> Cathy(xyz) Suspicious.

Stick around. You may feel differently about the group in a short
time. When I say "differently", you could feel either better or
worse, no guarantee given either way. However, most of the people are
nice and helpful and Cathyxyz is nice, as far I have seen.

So, give it another few days. MS
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abaldwin + wrote:

> Newby here--Ive just found Nutella...ate the whole jar,like heaven..what
> else can I make with it?...also where can I find Joyva chocolate
> halvah.online..throwback to my NY days..miss it all down here..Taylor
> Pork roll,ummm cant find that here either...thanks

> Click for Clearwater Beach, Florida Forecast
> <http://www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Clearwater_Beach.html?bannertypeclick=infobox>
> +++++*********************ANNA

On toast, plain bread or on crepes or pancakes is how I know it.

Have fun
Posted to rec.food.cooking

. nl...

============
>> Click for Clearwater Beach, Florida Forecast
>> <http://www.wunderground.com/US/FL/Clearwater_Beach.html?bannertypeclick=infobox>
>> +++++*********************ANNA

> On toast, plain bread or on crepes or pancakes is how I know it.
>
> Have fun

==============

I managed to put it on a peanut butter sandwich and in lieu of a peanut
butter sandwich... then I went back to my two favorite ways - finger and/or
a spoon!

--
Syssi

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abaldwin + wrote:
> AsI responeded to Kathys post..I dont know of any other way to describe
> things ...How would you describe Aldi,s or Olive Garden without thier
> Name?If I said 'that chocolate hazelnut spread' someone would
> ask..'whats it called?
> People use brand names everyday in many ways..and they are not up to
> something devious.I didnt post a link because I had no reason to..NO i
> dont work for them or anyone elseI have no ulterior motives...sorry to
> have offeneded anyone ,I wont be posting anymore so you can set your
> mind at ease..sorry I made a mistake
>

> +++++*********************ANNA

And yet another new poster chased away......

Hey, Anna, I liked your post--hope you stay around--new posters are
part of what makes newsgroups dynamic and interesting.--r3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Don't leave the group Anna, it's my first day too and I don't know
anything either. Now that the group knows us a little (they all had
first days too ya know) they know we don't work for anyone just looking
for some good ideas to put on the table. So as Om said, hang in there
and smile about it. You retired in Fla? Bet you can't find a good pizza
around there can you? lol. Hang around for awhile and see what happens
:-))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nutella

(OmManiPadmeOmelet)
wrote;
''Geez Anna, chill! :-)
The majority of replies you got were what you needed.
You must be new to Usenet!"
(yes I am)

"Now that you've discovered Nutella, DO try Lindts chocolate truffles.
Pure heaven in a foil wrapper."
(yes Ive had them,the Walgreens on my street sells them,they are
delish!)
--

+++++*********************ANNA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Okay glad to see your still "hangin in there" :-) Fix that Caps lock
button because the first rule of posting is when you post in Caps it is
your way of YELLING. So that is great that you told us your caps lock
is stuck or we would have thought you were yelling at us ;-) As for
that pizza, good luck finding one down there :-) Liking the food up
here in Massachusetts :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Abaldwin +" > wrote in message
> Sorry I jumped the gun,it just took me by surprise of being thought of
> as a secret agent or something.Im quite ignorant as far as posting
> goes,(NEED ALLTHE HELP I CAN GET)been only doing it a short time.Please
> forgive me if I hurt any feelings.I like the group,DIDNT MEAN TO ThROW
> ALL MY FOODS IN AT ONCE
> Yes your right,the pizzas here cant touch the ones up north...IVE BEEN
> HERE 6 YEARS AND REALLY MISS THE GOOD FOODS FROM THERE...OH WELL..SORRY
> MY CAPS KEY IS STUCK

I'm glad you're still here. I was really surprised at all of that. I'd
never seen it before in this group. Of course there's a couple of people
that stir up a couple of other people in this group, but that's all. I left
another group because so many people were so nasty, and not many people had
a nice word to say to make me feel welcome, but this place is great.

Jen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Abaldwin + wrote:
> Sorry I jumped the gun,it just took me by surprise of being thought of
> as a secret agent or something.

Anna, don't you think you should change your "nickname" to Jane Bond
in that case? <just joking!>

Stick around - enjoy... was just having a little fun.

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
> wrote:

> Yeah, Nutella is great. You can eat it with bread, pancakes and so on. There
> are also some recipes for cakes where you can use Nutella.

I sometimes make thumbprint type cookies with nutella in the
thumbprints. I make a caramel/brown sugar type cookie dough and put the
nutella in the hole. They go very quickly.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
> wrote:

> Yeah, Nutella is great. You can eat it with bread, pancakes and so on. There
> are also some recipes for cakes where you can use Nutella.
> The best way is to use a spoon and eat the hole jar. ;-)

My daughter spreads Nutella on a slice of bread, peels a banana, puts
the banana on the Nutella'ed bread and rolls it all up and eats it.
"Monkey rolls", apparently.

Miche

--
WWMVD?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"cathyxyz" > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>

> > I prefer Lindt, especially their truffles!

> Yep it's good... we like the orange chocolate...

I love the cinnamon Lindor balls, but they're hard to find.

Miche

--
WWMVD?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Miche > wrote in news:miche-11D83A.17172418022006
@news.itconsult.net:

> In article .com>,
> "cathyxyz" > wrote:
>
>> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>>

>> > I prefer Lindt, especially their truffles!

>> Yep it's good... we like the orange chocolate...

> I love the cinnamon Lindor balls, but they're hard to find.

I've never seen cinnamon ones - dark, white, milk and hazelnut, but never
cinnamon. Will have to keep an eye out.

--
Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Rhonda Anderson > wrote:

> Miche > wrote in news:miche-11D83A.17172418022006
> @news.itconsult.net:
>
> > In article .com>,

> >> Yep it's good... we like the orange chocolate...

> > I love the cinnamon Lindor balls, but they're hard to find.
> >

> I've never seen cinnamon ones - dark, white, milk and hazelnut, but never
> cinnamon. Will have to keep an eye out.

They come in a "limited edition" box with milk, raspberry (which I don't
particularly care for) and coffee flavoured ones.

Miche

--
WWMVD?

Nutella ....again Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 16 23-05-2012 04:36 AM
Nutella jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 93 30-08-2009 02:34 AM
Nutella again Jordan Talbot General Cooking 0 27-08-2009 03:31 PM
Refrigerating Nutella? The Bubbo General Cooking 0 11-09-2006 04:20 AM
Nutella anywhere??? Aleks Kalezic General Cooking 42 10-02-2004 09:28 PM