Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Nutella ....again

I was just watching part of an episode of Eat St. and they featured a
truck that does Philipino food. One of their desserts was a canneloni
type of thing made with wonton wrappers. The wonton wrapper was wrapped
around a metal cylinder and deep fried, the filled with nutella and a
shot of whipped cream on each end and sprinkled with icing sugar. It
looked pretty good.

No claims were made about it being healthy ;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I was just watching part of an episode of Eat St. and they featured a
> truck that does Philipino food. One of their desserts was a canneloni
> type of thing made with wonton wrappers. The wonton wrapper was
> wrapped around a metal cylinder and deep fried, the filled with
> nutella and a shot of whipped cream on each end and sprinkled with
> icing sugar. It looked pretty good.

You gave me an idea: I'll buy a pack of those hollowed hotdog buns, a jar of
nutella and some whipped cream

> No claims were made about it being healthy ;-)

Eh eh eh

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
om...
>I was just watching part of an episode of Eat St. and they featured a truck
>that does Philipino food. One of their desserts was a canneloni type of
>thing made with wonton wrappers. The wonton wrapper was wrapped around a
>metal cylinder and deep fried, the filled with nutella and a shot of
>whipped cream on each end and sprinkled with icing sugar. It looked pretty
>good.
>

> No claims were made about it being healthy ;-)

I think I will sue them anyway.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 16 May 2012 23:10:25 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> I was just watching part of an episode of Eat St. and they featured a
> truck that does Philipino food. One of their desserts was a canneloni
> type of thing made with wonton wrappers. The wonton wrapper was wrapped
> around a metal cylinder and deep fried, the filled with nutella and a
> shot of whipped cream on each end and sprinkled with icing sugar. It
> looked pretty good.
>

> No claims were made about it being healthy ;-)

I found a couple of recipes that use Nutella just this morning. Here
they are in their entirety

1. Nutella Mousse
http://www.thewickednoodle.com/nutella-mousse/#

"Just toss about half a cup of Nutella in your mixing bowl, add a cup
of whipping cream and whip until you've got peaks - somewhere between
soft and stiff seemed right about perfect. Then chill for at least
four hours, put into some pretty little serving dishes and taste all
that hard work!"

2. Nutella Frosting recipe
from Leite's Culinaria

"Just grab your stand mixer and beat 1/2 cup of Nutella, 3 tablespoons
room-temperature butter, and 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar until
creamy. Jack up the speed to medium-high and slowly, slowly drizzle in
2 tablespoons heavy cream, beating just until smooth and fluffy and
irresistible. Then slather it all over the cake you baked for your new
neighbors and get it out of the house as soon as humanly possible."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/16/2012 5:10 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> I was just watching part of an episode of Eat St. and they featured a
> truck that does Philipino food. One of their desserts was a canneloni
> type of thing made with wonton wrappers. The wonton wrapper was wrapped
> around a metal cylinder and deep fried, the filled with nutella and a
> shot of whipped cream on each end and sprinkled with icing sugar. It
> looked pretty good.
>

> No claims were made about it being healthy ;-)

Oh no! The Filipinos have been corrupted by Nutella too! This is worse
than I thought! Here's my recipe for Nutella.

1 C peanut butter
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C cocoa
1 T honey or corn syrup

Add ingredients to small bowl
Mix thoroughly until smooth
Pour into a wide mouth jar of suitable size
Drop off jar at the nearest landfill or hazardous material center
Go home and wash your dog

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I was just watching part of an episode of Eat St. and they featured a
> truck that does Philipino food. One of their desserts was a canneloni
> type of thing made with wonton wrappers. The wonton wrapper was wrapped
> around a metal cylinder and deep fried, the filled with nutella and a
> shot of whipped cream on each end and sprinkled with icing sugar. It
> looked pretty good.
>
> No claims were made about it being healthy ;-)

Compared to most Filipino food, it is healthful.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2012 4:33 PM, sf wrote:

> 2. Nutella Frosting recipe
> from Leite's Culinaria
>
> "Just grab your stand mixer and beat 1/2 cup of Nutella, 3 tablespoons
> room-temperature butter, and 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar until
> creamy. Jack up the speed to medium-high and slowly, slowly drizzle in
> 2 tablespoons heavy cream, beating just until smooth and fluffy and
> irresistible. Then slather it all over the cake you baked for your new
> neighbors and get it out of the house as soon as humanly possible."

(laugh) It wouldn't be safe around me, that's for sure.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On 5/16/2012 5:10 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> I was just watching part of an episode of Eat St. and they featured a
>> truck that does Philipino food. One of their desserts was a canneloni
>> type of thing made with wonton wrappers. The wonton wrapper was wrapped
>> around a metal cylinder and deep fried, the filled with nutella and a
>> shot of whipped cream on each end and sprinkled with icing sugar. It
>> looked pretty good.
>>

>> No claims were made about it being healthy ;-)

> Oh no! The Filipinos have been corrupted by Nutella too! This is worse
> than I thought! Here's my recipe for Nutella.
>
> 1 C peanut butter
> 1/2 C sugar
> 1/4 C cocoa
> 1 T honey or corn syrup
>
> Add ingredients to small bowl
> Mix thoroughly until smooth
> Pour into a wide mouth jar of suitable size
> Drop off jar at the nearest landfill or hazardous material center
> Go home and wash your dog

That's no Nutella. Where are the hazelnuts?

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> On 5/17/2012 4:33 PM, sf wrote:
>
>> 2. Nutella Frosting recipe
>> from Leite's Culinaria
>>
>> "Just grab your stand mixer and beat 1/2 cup of Nutella, 3 tablespoons
>> room-temperature butter, and 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar until
>> creamy. Jack up the speed to medium-high and slowly, slowly drizzle in
>> 2 tablespoons heavy cream, beating just until smooth and fluffy and
>> irresistible. Then slather it all over the cake you baked for your new
>> neighbors and get it out of the house as soon as humanly possible."

> (laugh) It wouldn't be safe around me, that's for sure.
>
> nancy

Uh, I haven't looked yet this year, but there is an annual Nutella
recipe contest with slews of recipes. VERY dangerous site.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/17/2012 4:18 PM, Jean B. wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>> On 5/16/2012 5:10 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> I was just watching part of an episode of Eat St. and they featured a
>>> truck that does Philipino food. One of their desserts was a canneloni
>>> type of thing made with wonton wrappers. The wonton wrapper was wrapped
>>> around a metal cylinder and deep fried, the filled with nutella and a
>>> shot of whipped cream on each end and sprinkled with icing sugar. It
>>> looked pretty good.
>>>

>>> No claims were made about it being healthy ;-)

>> Oh no! The Filipinos have been corrupted by Nutella too! This is worse
>> than I thought! Here's my recipe for Nutella.
>>
>> 1 C peanut butter
>> 1/2 C sugar
>> 1/4 C cocoa
>> 1 T honey or corn syrup
>>
>> Add ingredients to small bowl
>> Mix thoroughly until smooth
>> Pour into a wide mouth jar of suitable size
>> Drop off jar at the nearest landfill or hazardous material center
>> Go home and wash your dog

> That's no Nutella. Where are the hazelnuts?

I don't like hazelnuts so hopefully, they're still in their shell. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 17 May 2012 22:19:53 -0400, "Jean B." > wrote:

> Uh, I haven't looked yet this year, but there is an annual Nutella
> recipe contest with slews of recipes. VERY dangerous site.

I've never heard of this one before... if you posted the URL, I'd be
grateful.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On 5/17/2012 4:18 PM, Jean B. wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:

>>> Oh no! The Filipinos have been corrupted by Nutella too! This is worse
>>> than I thought! Here's my recipe for Nutella.
>>>
>>> 1 C peanut butter
>>> 1/2 C sugar
>>> 1/4 C cocoa
>>> 1 T honey or corn syrup
>>>
>>> Add ingredients to small bowl
>>> Mix thoroughly until smooth
>>> Pour into a wide mouth jar of suitable size
>>> Drop off jar at the nearest landfill or hazardous material center
>>> Go home and wash your dog

>> That's no Nutella. Where are the hazelnuts?
>>

> I don't like hazelnuts so hopefully, they're still in their shell. :-)

I don't think that can be called Nutella (trademark aside).

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18/05/2012 7:10, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 17 May 2012 22:19:53 -0400, "Jean > wrote:
>
>> Uh, I haven't looked yet this year, but there is an annual Nutella
>> recipe contest with slews of recipes. VERY dangerous site.

> I've never heard of this one before... if you posted the URL, I'd be
> grateful.

That would be http://www.nutelladay.com/. Enjoy!

Nathalie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 May 2012 07:45:55 +0200, Nathalie from Belgium
> wrote:

> On 18/05/2012 7:10, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 May 2012 22:19:53 -0400, "Jean > wrote:
> >
> >> Uh, I haven't looked yet this year, but there is an annual Nutella
> >> recipe contest with slews of recipes. VERY dangerous site.

> > I've never heard of this one before... if you posted the URL, I'd be
> > grateful.
> >

> That would be http://www.nutelladay.com/. Enjoy!
>
> Nathalie

Thanks, Nathalie... I think I'm going to be in trouble now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/22/2012 1:45 AM, Nathalie from Belgium wrote:
> On 18/05/2012 7:10, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 May 2012 22:19:53 -0400, "Jean > wrote:
>>
>>> Uh, I haven't looked yet this year, but there is an annual Nutella
>>> recipe contest with slews of recipes. VERY dangerous site.

>> I've never heard of this one before... if you posted the URL, I'd be
>> grateful.
>>

> That would be http://www.nutelladay.com/. Enjoy!

Yikes, look at all those recipes! Thanks!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nathalie from Belgium wrote:
> On 18/05/2012 7:10, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 May 2012 22:19:53 -0400, "Jean > wrote:
>>
>>> Uh, I haven't looked yet this year, but there is an annual Nutella
>>> recipe contest with slews of recipes. VERY dangerous site.

>> I've never heard of this one before... if you posted the URL, I'd be
>> grateful.
>>

> That would be http://www.nutelladay.com/. Enjoy!
>
> Nathalie

That is SUCH a dangerous site!!!!!

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2012 07:45:55 +0200, Nathalie from Belgium
> > wrote:

>>> I've never heard of this one before... if you posted the URL, I'd be
>>> grateful.
>>>

>> That would be http://www.nutelladay.com/. Enjoy!
>>
>> Nathalie
>>

> Thanks, Nathalie... I think I'm going to be in trouble now.

Precisely. Luckily, it is hard to decide what to make, so perhaps
one can just dither instead of baking.

--
Jean B.

Nutella jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 93 30-08-2009 02:34 AM
Nutella again Jordan Talbot General Cooking 0 27-08-2009 03:31 PM
Refrigerating Nutella? The Bubbo General Cooking 0 11-09-2006 04:20 AM
Nutella Abaldwin + General Cooking 40 18-02-2006 06:38 PM
Nutella anywhere??? Aleks Kalezic General Cooking 42 10-02-2004 09:28 PM