Old 12-02-2006, 07:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rfc map link

Heya folks,

Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
is the new link:

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02

There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive, and
has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
the old markers would have to be erased.

Let me know if you want me to do that.

Christine

Old 12-02-2006, 08:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
Heya folks,

Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
is the new link:

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02

There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive, and
has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
the old markers would have to be erased.

Let me know if you want me to do that.

Christine

Thanks for this Christine.... however.... wonder who decided to mention
underwear on my icon? heh heh heh.

Cheers
Cathy(xyz) - holding the fort in Africa...

Old 12-02-2006, 02:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:42:13 -0800 while whitewashing the broccoli
Christine Dabney tossed a caber at the lizard
while remarking:

Heya folks,

Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
is the new link:

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02

Neat, thanks for that. I notice that Damsel is listed--does she still
post here? Haven't seen her in my short time back.

I have another question...when I posted here a few years ago, I seem
to recall some sort of website that had the recipes from here stored
on them in an easily searchable archive. Is there still such an
animal, or do I need to use the Google groups search and just look for
posts marked "recipe." Since we all know how common thread drift is, I
don't really relish the idea of doing that unless I have to. But I'm
on the lookout for some new recipes to try and I know this is da
place.

TIA,

Cheryl
~~~Chili dawgs always bark at night.~~~
(Lewis Grizzard)
Old 12-02-2006, 03:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" wrote
Heya folks,

Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
is the new link:

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02

There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive, and
has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
the old markers would have to be erased.

Let me know if you want me to do that.

Christine

Thanks for the link, Christine. Can you reprint how to correct a person's
location? I'm sitting out in the Atlantic, along with Stan Horwitz (but I'm
sure that's not bad, either!).

Skip the larger icons.

Dora

Old 12-02-2006, 04:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:46:04 -0500, "limey"
wrote:

"Christine Dabney" wrote
Heya folks,

Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
is the new link:

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02

There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive, and
has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
the old markers would have to be erased.

Let me know if you want me to do that.

Christine

Thanks for the link, Christine. Can you reprint how to correct a person's
location? I'm sitting out in the Atlantic, along with Stan Horwitz (but I'm
sure that's not bad, either!).

Skip the larger icons.

Dora

Well, to redo your location, I need to delete your old icon first.
Then, you need to zoom in real close on the location, down as far as
you can. Do that BEFORE placing your next marker. Just keep on
zooming in, down to your location. You can often zoom down to street
level. Putting the map setting on hybrid can often help in finding
"your" house, as well.
Only AFTER you do this, do you place your marker. If you place the
marker before this, you end up in weird places, like the ocean.

You can move the map with your mouse, if you hold down on the left
mouse button and move the map. That way, you can keep on zooming down
to a specific spot.

Hope this helps a bit.

Christine

Old 12-02-2006, 04:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Thank you very much! Is very useful this map !!
Pandora
-------------------------------------

Old 12-02-2006, 04:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Christine, I tried to put myself in Delhi where I lived one but I messed
it up Please will you take it out?

Old 12-02-2006, 06:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:28:16 +0100, Pandora wrote:

Thank you very much! Is very useful this map !!
Pandora

````````````````

Glad to see you finally made it on the map. I checked your location
when this map thingy first started and there wasn't anything (towns,
highways etc) on the map for your neck o' the woods.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:38:44 GMT, Ophelia wrote:

Christine, I tried to put myself in Delhi where I lived one but I messed
it up Please will you take it out?

If you feel a real need to be associated with Delhi, why not do an
Ophelia (then) and an Ophelia (now) that reflects where you're at
presently?

Old 12-02-2006, 06:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" wrote "limey" wrote:

[...]

Yes, it does help. Please delete my old icon and I'll try again. Boy, the
Eastern Seaboard is pretty crowded! Thanks, Christine.

Dora

Old 12-02-2006, 06:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

May I add something? When you ask Christine (or me?) to delete your icon,
please specify which one. When I was helping out with this in the past I
found a lot of people had already added themselves more than once and I had
no idea which icon to delete

Jill

Old 12-02-2006, 07:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:38:44 GMT, Ophelia wrote:

Christine, I tried to put myself in Delhi where I lived one but I
messed
it up Please will you take it out?

If you feel a real need to be associated with Delhi, why not do an
Ophelia (then) and an Ophelia (now) that reflects where you're at
presently?

yes That was my intention but I mucked it up)

Old 12-02-2006, 07:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote
May I add something? When you ask Christine (or me?) to delete your icon,
please specify which one. When I was helping out with this in the past I
found a lot of people had already added themselves more than once and I
had
no idea which icon to delete

Jill

Thanks either to you, Jill, or to Christine. I have only one icon, sitting
in the Atlantic off the Maryland coast. I'd just like to get out of that
lifeboat and go home.

Dora

Old 12-02-2006, 07:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

limey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote
May I add something? When you ask Christine (or me?) to delete your
icon, please specify which one. When I was helping out with this in
the past I found a lot of people had already added themselves more
than once and I had
no idea which icon to delete

Jill

Thanks either to you, Jill, or to Christine. I have only one icon,
sitting in the Atlantic off the Maryland coast. I'd just like to get
out of that lifeboat and go home.

Dora

I don't have the link for "admin" access anymore so I guess Christine will
have to help you onto the rescue ship

Jill

Old 12-02-2006, 07:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:23:12 GMT, limey wrote:

Yes, it does help. Please delete my old icon and I'll try again. Boy, the
Eastern Seaboard is pretty crowded! Thanks, Christine.

It's not so bad after you zoom in, Dora. I'm sure you'll find a niche
for yourself.

Might be a helpful link Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 21 10-02-2011 11:59 PM
Link Ms Libertarian Vegan 0 07-05-2006 08:58 PM
Another usful link. Sushi Junky Sushi 0 13-07-2005 05:27 PM
A chili link Michael Odom General Cooking 1 12-02-2005 05:53 AM