Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rfc map link

Heya folks,

Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
is the new link:

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02

There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive, and
has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
the old markers would have to be erased.

Let me know if you want me to do that.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
> is the new link:
>
> http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02
>
> There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive, and
> has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
> However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
> the old markers would have to be erased.
>
> Let me know if you want me to do that.
>
> Christine

Thanks for this Christine.... however.... wonder who decided to mention
underwear on my icon? heh heh heh.

Cheers
Cathy(xyz) - holding the fort in Africa...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 23:42:13 -0800 while whitewashing the broccoli
Christine Dabney > tossed a caber at the lizard
while remarking:

>Heya folks,
>
>Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
>is the new link:
>
>http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02

Neat, thanks for that. I notice that Damsel is listed--does she still
post here? Haven't seen her in my short time back.

I have another question...when I posted here a few years ago, I seem
to recall some sort of website that had the recipes from here stored
on them in an easily searchable archive. Is there still such an
animal, or do I need to use the Google groups search and just look for
posts marked "recipe." Since we all know how common thread drift is, I
don't really relish the idea of doing that unless I have to. But I'm
on the lookout for some new recipes to try and I know this is da
place.

TIA,

Cheryl
~~~Chili dawgs always bark at night.~~~
(Lewis Grizzard)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" wrote
> Heya folks,
>
> Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
> is the new link:
>
> http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02
>
> There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive, and
> has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
> However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
> the old markers would have to be erased.
>
> Let me know if you want me to do that.
>
> Christine

Thanks for the link, Christine. Can you reprint how to correct a person's
location? I'm sitting out in the Atlantic, along with Stan Horwitz (but I'm
sure that's not bad, either!).

Skip the larger icons.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:46:04 -0500, "limey" >
wrote:

>"Christine Dabney" wrote
>> Heya folks,
>>
>> Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
>> is the new link:
>>
>> http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02
>>
>> There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive, and
>> has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
>> However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
>> the old markers would have to be erased.
>>
>> Let me know if you want me to do that.
>>
>> Christine

>Thanks for the link, Christine. Can you reprint how to correct a person's
>location? I'm sitting out in the Atlantic, along with Stan Horwitz (but I'm
>sure that's not bad, either!).
>
>Skip the larger icons.
>
>Dora

Well, to redo your location, I need to delete your old icon first.
Then, you need to zoom in real close on the location, down as far as
you can. Do that BEFORE placing your next marker. Just keep on
zooming in, down to your location. You can often zoom down to street
level. Putting the map setting on hybrid can often help in finding
"your" house, as well.
Only AFTER you do this, do you place your marker. If you place the
marker before this, you end up in weird places, like the ocean.

You can move the map with your mouse, if you hold down on the left
mouse button and move the map. That way, you can keep on zooming down
to a specific spot.

Hope this helps a bit.

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thank you very much! Is very useful this map !!
Pandora
-------------------------------------

"Christine Dabney" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:46:04 -0500, "limey" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Christine Dabney" wrote
>>> Heya folks,
>>>
>>> Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
>>> is the new link:
>>>
>>> http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02
>>>
>>> There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive, and
>>> has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
>>> However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
>>> the old markers would have to be erased.
>>>
>>> Let me know if you want me to do that.
>>>
>>> Christine

>>Thanks for the link, Christine. Can you reprint how to correct a person's
>>location? I'm sitting out in the Atlantic, along with Stan Horwitz (but
>>I'm
>>sure that's not bad, either!).
>>
>>Skip the larger icons.
>>
>>Dora
>>

> Well, to redo your location, I need to delete your old icon first.
> Then, you need to zoom in real close on the location, down as far as
> you can. Do that BEFORE placing your next marker. Just keep on
> zooming in, down to your location. You can often zoom down to street
> level. Putting the map setting on hybrid can often help in finding
> "your" house, as well.
> Only AFTER you do this, do you place your marker. If you place the
> marker before this, you end up in weird places, like the ocean.
>
> You can move the map with your mouse, if you hold down on the left
> mouse button and move the map. That way, you can keep on zooming down
> to a specific spot.
>
> Hope this helps a bit.
>
> Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:46:04 -0500, "limey" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Christine Dabney" wrote
>>> Heya folks,
>>>
>>> Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more.
>>> Here
>>> is the new link:
>>>
>>> http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02
>>>
>>> There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive,
>>> and
>>> has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
>>> However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
>>> the old markers would have to be erased.
>>>
>>> Let me know if you want me to do that.
>>>
>>> Christine

>>Thanks for the link, Christine. Can you reprint how to correct a
>>person's
>>location? I'm sitting out in the Atlantic, along with Stan Horwitz
>>(but I'm
>>sure that's not bad, either!).
>>
>>Skip the larger icons.
>>
>>Dora
>>

> Well, to redo your location, I need to delete your old icon first.
> Then, you need to zoom in real close on the location, down as far as
> you can. Do that BEFORE placing your next marker. Just keep on
> zooming in, down to your location. You can often zoom down to street
> level. Putting the map setting on hybrid can often help in finding
> "your" house, as well.
> Only AFTER you do this, do you place your marker. If you place the
> marker before this, you end up in weird places, like the ocean.
>
> You can move the map with your mouse, if you hold down on the left
> mouse button and move the map. That way, you can keep on zooming down
> to a specific spot.

Christine, I tried to put myself in Delhi where I lived one but I messed
it up Please will you take it out?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:28:16 +0100, Pandora wrote:

> Thank you very much! Is very useful this map !!
> Pandora

````````````````

Glad to see you finally made it on the map. I checked your location
when this map thingy first started and there wasn't anything (towns,
highways etc) on the map for your neck o' the woods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:38:44 GMT, Ophelia wrote:

> Christine, I tried to put myself in Delhi where I lived one but I messed
> it up Please will you take it out?

If you feel a real need to be associated with Delhi, why not do an
Ophelia (then) and an Ophelia (now) that reflects where you're at
presently?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" wrote "limey" wrote:

>>Thanks for the link, Christine. Can you reprint how to correct a person's
>>location? I'm sitting out in the Atlantic, along with Stan Horwitz (but
>>I'm
>>sure that's not bad, either!).
>>
>>Skip the larger icons.
>>
>>Dora
>>

> Well, to redo your location, I need to delete your old icon first.
> Then, you need to zoom in real close on the location, down as far as
> you can. Do that BEFORE placing your next marker. Just keep on
> zooming in, down to your location. You can often zoom down to street
> level. Putting the map setting on hybrid can often help in finding
> "your" house, as well.
> Only AFTER you do this, do you place your marker. If you place the
> marker before this, you end up in weird places, like the ocean.
>
> You can move the map with your mouse, if you hold down on the left
> mouse button and move the map. That way, you can keep on zooming down
> to a specific spot.
>
> Hope this helps a bit.
>
> Christine

Yes, it does help. Please delete my old icon and I'll try again. Boy, the
Eastern Seaboard is pretty crowded! Thanks, Christine.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 10:46:04 -0500, "limey" >
> wrote:
>

>> "Christine Dabney" wrote
>>> Heya folks,
>>>
>>> Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more.
>>> Here
>>> is the new link:
>>>
>>> http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02
>>>
>>> There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive,
>>> and has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
>>> However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
>>> the old markers would have to be erased.
>>>
>>> Let me know if you want me to do that.
>>>
>>> Christine

>> Thanks for the link, Christine. Can you reprint how to correct a
>> person's location? I'm sitting out in the Atlantic, along with Stan
>> Horwitz (but I'm sure that's not bad, either!).
>>
>> Skip the larger icons.
>>
>> Dora
>>

> Well, to redo your location, I need to delete your old icon first.
> Then, you need to zoom in real close on the location, down as far as
> you can. Do that BEFORE placing your next marker. Just keep on
> zooming in, down to your location. You can often zoom down to street
> level. Putting the map setting on hybrid can often help in finding
> "your" house, as well.
> Only AFTER you do this, do you place your marker. If you place the
> marker before this, you end up in weird places, like the ocean.
>
> You can move the map with your mouse, if you hold down on the left
> mouse button and move the map. That way, you can keep on zooming down
> to a specific spot.
>
> Hope this helps a bit.
>
> Christine

May I add something? When you ask Christine (or me?) to delete your icon,
please specify which one. When I was helping out with this in the past I
found a lot of people had already added themselves more than once and I had
no idea which icon to delete

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:38:44 GMT, Ophelia wrote:
>

>> Christine, I tried to put myself in Delhi where I lived one but I
>> messed
>> it up Please will you take it out?
>>

> If you feel a real need to be associated with Delhi, why not do an
> Ophelia (then) and an Ophelia (now) that reflects where you're at
> presently?

yes That was my intention but I mucked it up)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote > >
> May I add something? When you ask Christine (or me?) to delete your icon,
> please specify which one. When I was helping out with this in the past I
> found a lot of people had already added themselves more than once and I
> had
> no idea which icon to delete
>
> Jill

Thanks either to you, Jill, or to Christine. I have only one icon, sitting
in the Atlantic off the Maryland coast. I'd just like to get out of that
lifeboat and go home.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

limey wrote:
> "jmcquown" wrote > >
>> May I add something? When you ask Christine (or me?) to delete your
>> icon, please specify which one. When I was helping out with this in
>> the past I found a lot of people had already added themselves more
>> than once and I had
>> no idea which icon to delete
>>
>> Jill

> Thanks either to you, Jill, or to Christine. I have only one icon,
> sitting in the Atlantic off the Maryland coast. I'd just like to get
> out of that lifeboat and go home.
>
> Dora

I don't have the link for "admin" access anymore so I guess Christine will
have to help you onto the rescue ship

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:23:12 GMT, limey wrote:

> Yes, it does help. Please delete my old icon and I'll try again. Boy, the
> Eastern Seaboard is pretty crowded! Thanks, Christine.

It's not so bad after you zoom in, Dora. I'm sure you'll find a niche
for yourself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message
limey wrote:

>> Yes, it does help. Please delete my old icon and I'll try again. Boy,
>> the
>> Eastern Seaboard is pretty crowded! Thanks, Christine.

> It's not so bad after you zoom in, Dora. I'm sure you'll find a niche
> for yourself.

Thanks, sf. I did a dry run a few minutes ago - I can get pretty close to
where I live but the map's not too clear. I was puzzled, though -
momentarily, a street map flashed across the screen then disappeared. I
wasn't able to get it back. Is there an easy way to access it - I could
then find my house, probably.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" wrote >

Putting the map setting on hybrid can often help in finding
> "your" house, as well.

What is the "hybrid" setting, Christine? Also, I had an actual street map
flash by and disappear - it would help to know how to bring that up.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:28:16 +0100, Pandora wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much! Is very useful this map !!
>> Pandora

> ````````````````
>
> Glad to see you finally made it on the map.

I have seen only today the new link!

I checked your location
> when this map thingy first started and there wasn't anything (towns,
> highways etc) on the map for your neck o' the woods.

ROTFL. Yes. But also now I Am in the mountain's wood. But now there are some
cities near me )
Now you can come to visit me
Pandora
> --
>
> Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:37:55 +0100, Pandora wrote:

> "sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> >
> > Glad to see you finally made it on the map.

> I have seen only today the new link!
>
> > I checked your location
> > when this map thingy first started and there wasn't anything (towns,
> > highways etc) on the map for your neck o' the woods.

> ROTFL. Yes. But also now I Am in the mountain's wood. But now there are some
> cities near me )

Are you saying you've moved to a different town since we first spoke
about where you live in Italy?

> Now you can come to visit me

Be careful with those invitations.... I may take you up on it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:35:42 -0500, limey wrote:

> "sf" wrote in message
> limey wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, it does help. Please delete my old icon and I'll try again. Boy,
> >> the
> >> Eastern Seaboard is pretty crowded! Thanks, Christine.

> > It's not so bad after you zoom in, Dora. I'm sure you'll find a niche
> > for yourself.

> Thanks, sf. I did a dry run a few minutes ago - I can get pretty close to
> where I live but the map's not too clear. I was puzzled, though -
> momentarily, a street map flashed across the screen then disappeared. I
> wasn't able to get it back. Is there an easy way to access it - I could
> then find my house, probably.

I emailed you privately... check Yahoo for a message.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
> "sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>>On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:28:16 +0100, Pandora wrote:
>>

>>> Thank you very much! Is very useful this map !!
>>> Pandora

>>````````````````
>>
>>Glad to see you finally made it on the map.

> I have seen only today the new link!
>
> I checked your location
>
>>when this map thingy first started and there wasn't anything (towns,
>>highways etc) on the map for your neck o' the woods.

> ROTFL. Yes. But also now I Am in the mountain's wood. But now there are some
> cities near me )
> Now you can come to visit me
> Pandora

Hehe! Google has added the area around Torino to their map system

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

email:
anisaerah at s b c global.net

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 08:24:18 -0600, Spuddie >
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>Neat, thanks for that. I notice that Damsel is listed--does she still
>post here? Haven't seen her in my short time back.

IIRC, Dams has up and down computer woes.

<snip>

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 08:16:34 -0800, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>Well, to redo your location, I need to delete your old icon first.

Could you delete mine, please, Christine? I didn't follow directions
very well last time.

serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:

>>Well, to redo your location, I need to delete your old icon first.

> Could you delete mine, please, Christine? I didn't follow directions
> very well last time.

Could you please delete mine, too? It's the one north-northeast of
Sacramento.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:54:25 -0800, serene >
wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 08:16:34 -0800, Christine Dabney
> wrote:
>
>>Well, to redo your location, I need to delete your old icon first.

>Could you delete mine, please, Christine? I didn't follow directions
>very well last time.
>
>serene

Will do.

CHristine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 13 Feb 2006 00:42:02 -0600, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Serene wrote:
>
>>>Well, to redo your location, I need to delete your old icon first.

>> Could you delete mine, please, Christine? I didn't follow directions
>> very well last time.

>Could you please delete mine, too? It's the one north-northeast of
>Sacramento.
>
>Bob

Will do

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:37:55 +0100, Pandora wrote:
>

>> "sf" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> >
>> > Glad to see you finally made it on the map.

>> I have seen only today the new link!
>>
>> > I checked your location
>> > when this map thingy first started and there wasn't anything (towns,
>> > highways etc) on the map for your neck o' the woods.

>> ROTFL. Yes. But also now I Am in the mountain's wood. But now there are
>> some
>> cities near me )

> Are you saying you've moved to a different town since we first spoke
> about where you live in Italy?

Nooo! But before , on the old map, there wasn't streets and cities.

>> Now you can come to visit me

> Be careful with those invitations.... I may take you up on it.

10-15 km from the airport. I wait you for dinner DD
Pandora
> --
>
> Practice safe eating. Always use condiments.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sarah bennett" > ha scritto nel messaggio
. com...
> Pandora wrote:

>>>````````````````
>>>
>>>Glad to see you finally made it on the map.

>> I have seen only today the new link!
>>
>> I checked your location
>>
>>>when this map thingy first started and there wasn't anything (towns,
>>>highways etc) on the map for your neck o' the woods.

>> ROTFL. Yes. But also now I Am in the mountain's wood. But now there are
>> some cities near me )
>> Now you can come to visit me
>> Pandora

> Hehe! Google has added the area around Torino to their map system

Olimpic game fault? )
pan

> --
>
> saerah
>
> http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/
>
> email:
> anisaerah at s b c global.net
>
> "Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a
> disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
> -Baruch Spinoza
>
> "There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
> what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear
> and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is
> another theory which states that this has already happened."
> -Douglas Adams

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> Heya folks,
>
> Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
> is the new link:
>
> http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02
>
> There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive, and
> has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
> However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
> the old markers would have to be erased.
>
> Let me know if you want me to do that.
>
> Christine

Christine
Pls go ahead and get rid of mine.
Then please let me know when you want it reinstated and if you have any
special instructions to complete the exercise.

I'm on the lower corner of Western Australia.

thanks

Hoges in WA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> Heya folks,
>
> Google upgraded the map, and the old link doesn't work any more. Here
> is the new link:
>
> http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...o?id=artisan02
>
> There is also a new icon/marker set, which is much more extensive, and
> has larger icons. If you want me to change to that one, I can.
> However, it means we have to start all over for the map, I think, as
> the old markers would have to be erased.
>
> Let me know if you want me to do that.
>
> Christine

I don't know what's happening today with the maps but whatever ones I use I
get the same message plastered on the map. We don't have maps at this soom
level. What a load of crock. They did before!

MoM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> >Could you please delete mine, too? It's the one north-northeast of
> >Sacramento.
> >
> >Bob
> >

> Will do
>
> Christine

And my two residences in the South Atlantic can be removed :-)

Thanks

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Spuddie > wrote:

> I have another question...when I posted here a few years ago, I seem
> to recall some sort of website that had the recipes from here stored
> on them in an easily searchable archive.

There has never been such an archive... no wonder with so many
unlabelled, unstructured, unformatted recipes posted. You must be
thinking of rec.food.recipes archives.

> Is there still such an
> animal, or do I need to use the Google groups search and just look for
> posts marked "recipe."

Yes, or, better still, look for whatever it is you are looking for.

> Since we all know how common thread drift is, I
> don't really relish the idea of doing that unless I have to.

Indeed, and that is one of the reasons no such archive exists.

Victor
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 08:27:21 +0100, Pandora wrote:

> 10-15 km from the airport. I wait you for dinner DD
> Pandora

WoooHooo! So close to an airport. You may see me this summer! It's
just in the thinking stages now, but I may go to Hungary and visit
some of Western Europe after.

Might be a helpful link Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 21 11-02-2011 12:59 AM
Link Ms Libertarian Vegan 0 07-05-2006 08:58 PM
Another usful link. Sushi Junky Sushi 0 13-07-2005 05:27 PM
A chili link Michael Odom General Cooking 1 12-02-2005 06:53 AM