Old 28-01-2011, 12:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Might be a helpful link

I had a chat with Sears about dishwashers because I'm not sure what I
need, whether built-in, or whatever. They referred me to this link and
it covers a lot of stuff.

http://www.managemylife.com/

Old 08-02-2011, 03:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Lee, I'm very confused about how to pick out new appliances. Since I
bought this house I've replaced the washer and dryer, not to hard but
due to the widths the new ones had to swap locations from the old ones.
Also replaced a very old heat pump and hot water heater with no
issues. But the kitchen stuff I'm finding it hard to know how to
replace them and get what I need.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Lee, I'm very confused about how to pick out new appliances. Since I
bought this house I've replaced the washer and dryer, not to hard but due
to the widths the new ones had to swap locations from the old ones. Also
replaced a very old heat pump and hot water heater with no issues. But
the kitchen stuff I'm finding it hard to know how to replace them and get
what I need.

When I got my fridge, I really had no choice because of the space I had. I
had to get an electric stove, I wanted self cleaning and it needed to be
biscuit color to match what I already had. When I got the dishwasher, I
just got an inexpensive one that was the right color and got good reviews.
I don't use the dishwasher much and don't need anything fancy.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Member

Location: St. Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl[_3_] View Post
I had a chat with Sears about dishwashers because I'm not sure what I
need, whether built-in, or whatever. They referred me to this link and
it covers a lot of stuff.

Life Management: Everything just got easier - ManageMyLife.com
did you decide on a dishwasher?
Old 09-02-2011, 01:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/8/2011 12:17 AM, STLGourmet.com wrote:

did you decide on a dishwasher?

I'm sort of looking at this one. The price shown isn't the discounted
price. I picked them because I get a discount through my employer.

http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SPECPAGE&SKU=GLD6964RSS&SITEID= GEA&STOREID=cs0145&AVAILABILITY=true&FROMMAIL=true &CuurentIssue=EXT&BASEURL=https://www.myapstore.com

or tinyurl

http://tinyurl.com/4uuamx8

Old 09-02-2011, 04:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:
On 2/8/2011 12:17 AM, STLGourmet.com wrote:

did you decide on a dishwasher?

I'm sort of looking at this one. The price shown isn't the discounted
price. I picked them because I get a discount through my employer.

http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SPECPAGE&SKU=GLD6964RSS&SITEID= GEA&STOREID=cs0145&AVAILABILITY=true&FROMMAIL=true &CuurentIssue=EXT&BASEURL=https://www.myapstore.com

or tinyurl

http://tinyurl.com/4uuamx8

See if you can look at the silverware holders. The one in my new
GE is loathesome.

--
Jean B.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 23:27:46 -0500, "Jean B." wrote:

Cheryl wrote:
On 2/8/2011 12:17 AM, STLGourmet.com wrote:

did you decide on a dishwasher?

I'm sort of looking at this one. The price shown isn't the discounted
price. I picked them because I get a discount through my employer.

http://products.geappliances.com/ApplProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=SPECPAGE&SKU=GLD6964RSS&SITEID= GEA&STOREID=cs0145&AVAILABILITY=true&FROMMAIL=true &CuurentIssue=EXT&BASEURL=https://www.myapstore.com

or tinyurl

http://tinyurl.com/4uuamx8

See if you can look at the silverware holders. The one in my new
GE is loathesome.

One can readily purchase after market flatware baskets for
dishwashers, typically better designed than the originals. However
I'm completely satisfied with my Maytag... whichever you choose be
sure to get a dishwasher with a stainless steel liner... plastic
liners stain, they absorb odors and schtink.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:
[...]

Yes, the question is whether I can get one that fits in the
allotted area. I need to remind myself of whether that is
complete with prongs, which would complicate things. The GE and
the Bosch at the old house have SS interiors. The Bosch's
interior is noticeably less chintzy than the GE's. If I can get
over the abysmal repair situation, I may switch them.

The cutlery holder is kind-of like the center part of this:

http://midwestapplianceparts.com/images/8562080.jpg

with far fewer holes, more space between the holes, and no ability
to take off the top. IMO, it not only limits the number of things
one can wash, but it also is idiotic to have the things in slots,
with the spoons just hanging there, etc., etc.

--
Jean B.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message

One can readily purchase after market flatware baskets for
dishwashers, typically better designed than the originals. However
I'm completely satisfied with my Maytag... whichever you choose be
sure to get a dishwasher with a stainless steel liner... plastic
liners stain, they absorb odors and schtink.

I think I agree with what you said. I had 2 maytags and liked them both but
because of information from a sale person I decided that Maytag was not as
good as it had been in the past, so I bought a Whirlpool. Maybe it is just
because I was more used to the Maytags but I don't think it is as good. The
plastic stuff on the inside, tabs, adjusters and such just seem
unsubstantial. It does have all sorts of setting and cleans really well if
you do the soak and scour setting, which takes 4 hours plus. But for just
normal settings, the Maytags were the best. The price is about the same
too.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/8/2011 11:27 PM, Jean B. wrote:

Cheryl wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/4uuamx8

See if you can look at the silverware holders. The one in my new GE is
loathesome.

What was wrong with them? Thanks for the warning.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/9/2011 12:19 PM, Jean B. wrote:

The cutlery holder is kind-of like the center part of this:

http://midwestapplianceparts.com/images/8562080.jpg

with far fewer holes, more space between the holes, and no ability to
take off the top. IMO, it not only limits the number of things one can
wash, but it also is idiotic to have the things in slots, with the
spoons just hanging there, etc., etc.

Ah, this answers the question I just asked you. I see what you mean. Whoa.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 16:24:51 -0600, "Phyllis Stone"
wrote:

"Brooklyn1" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I don't really put my Maytag through it's paces; I use it about once a
week, it's rarely very full, no pots n' pans, I tend to do a lot of
hand washing. But for me it does what it's supposed to do, always
cleans spotlessly and everything dry when I open the door. It's
called a dishwasher, not a pot washer, and many of my pots are too
big to fit. I don't remember ever using the Pot Scrubber cycle. And
many times if the hot water is up at the sink becaue I'm washing stuff
anyway and I'm in the mood I will take things out of the dishwasher
and wash them by hand... did that this evening, hand washed all the
glassware and dinner plates, only took ten minutes and means I can go
another week before I have to run it. I know, I'm weird. I don't
mind doing any kind of house work, but I absolutely refuse to clean up
after slobs.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Feb 2011 19:09:23 -0500, Cheryl
wrote:

On 2/9/2011 12:19 PM, Jean B. wrote:

The cutlery holder is kind-of like the center part of this:

http://midwestapplianceparts.com/images/8562080.jpg

with far fewer holes, more space between the holes, and no ability to
take off the top. IMO, it not only limits the number of things one can
wash, but it also is idiotic to have the things in slots, with the
spoons just hanging there, etc., etc.

Ah, this answers the question I just asked you. I see what you mean. Whoa.

I see nothing wrong with it, that's how the flatware holder is
supposed be... each piece held separate and apart so they can be
cleaned and don't rub together. Maybe some of yoose should consider
plastic eating utensils, throw aways.