Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lobster Bisque

Costco was having a tasting/offering of one of their products today.
I tasted the Lobster Bisque, but they had a Southwest corn and shrimp also
for tasting, and perhaps the New England Clam Chowder. It has no
hydrogenated fat, there are two containers 20 oz. Each $10.49; heat and
serve, or freeze for later. Light Cream, Clam Broth, Lobster & Langostino
(sp?) , Butter, Sherry. The demonstrator suggested serving over pasta as
one possibility. Lots of calories, but YUM!

http://www.blountseafood.com/content...ils.php/id/134

I tasted and bought. Pretty good product IMO.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Costco was having a tasting/offering of one of their products today.
> I tasted the Lobster Bisque, but they had a Southwest corn and shrimp
> also for tasting, and perhaps the New England Clam Chowder. It has no
> hydrogenated fat, there are two containers 20 oz. Each $10.49; heat
> and serve, or freeze for later. Light Cream, Clam Broth, Lobster &
> Langostino (sp?) , Butter, Sherry. The demonstrator suggested serving
> over pasta as one possibility. Lots of calories, but YUM!

I bought some of this too, it was delicious, I was surprised at how
good it was.
With second container, I served it over pasta.. also very good.
I will buy it again... or there was another kind offered with this one,
do not remember, but will try it too.

Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee Randall" wrote
> Costco was having a tasting/offering of one of their products today.
> I tasted the Lobster Bisque, but they had a Southwest corn and shrimp also
> for tasting, and perhaps the New England Clam Chowder.

<snipped>

They sound delicious. I'll look for them on my next Costco visit. Thanks,
Dee!

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:10:49 GMT, Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

> Michael <- has a pound of elbow macaroni burning a hole in his pocket

<whispering> maaaacaroooooniiiiandcheeeeese

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:10:49 GMT while whitewashing the broccoli
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > tossed a caber at the
lizard while remarking:

>Okay, now I'm testy. I wish we had a Costco close to us. I think the
>closest we have is a Sam's Club. I'm a member but don't shop there too
>often.
>
>Michael <- has a pound of elbow macaroni burning a hole in his pocket

I've had memberships at both and as far as I can tell there isn't a
whole lot of difference between the two. Looks like mostly the same
merchandise with perhaps some different "store brand" packaging on
some things.

It's been a couple of years since I was a Sam's Club member though;
since I've now got both CostCo and Sam's within a couple of miles of
my place, I may have to check them out again before I renew at CostCo.

Cheryl
~~~A toast to bread, for without bread, there could be no toast.~~~