Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My superbowl "french dip" contribution.

Recipe:

2 lbs deli-sliced roast beef
1 bag/12 club rolls.
1 can campbells's condensed french onion soup
1 envelope Au Jus (McCormick)
1/4 pound each provalone and american
Dipping bowls

Follow Au Jus directions, except add 1 can of the french onion soup.
Stir to boiling. Taste for saltiness/consistency. Add water if needed.

Reduce to simmer and add deli-sliced roast beef. until beef is warm.

Remove roast beef to a bowl. Split rolls and toast insides under broiler
(ask first) and ask about cheese or not.

With thongs, dip insides of rolls in the au jus, add 1/12 of beef and top
with slice of cheese.

Pour a few ounces au jus into dipping bowls per person for obvious
reasons.

Serve at half-time ONLY at the table IF POSSIBLE. Napkins....???? Maybe a
good idea!

I bought the ingredients at the market and will assemble at home, so it's
home-made french dip sandwichees, imho!

Serves 12 HUNGRY people or six of me!

Go Steelers!

Andy
Can't wait to see Terry Bradshaw's head explode!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> With thongs, dip insides of rolls in the au jus, add 1/12 of beef and top
> with slice of cheese.

Is that "thongs" as in flip-flop sandals, or "thongs" as in skimpy lingerie?
Either way, must be one helluva party! :-)

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in
:

> Andy wrote:
>
>> With thongs, dip insides of rolls in the au jus, add 1/12 of beef and
>> top with slice of cheese.

> Is that "thongs" as in flip-flop sandals, or "thongs" as in skimpy
> lingerie? Either way, must be one helluva party! :-)
>
> Bob

My email doesn't have a context checker? LOL!

Now if I had an indoor pool, you'd be right. "one helluva party!"

Andy