Posted to rec.food.cooking
William Boyd

Default New Form of Car Jacking

Subject: New form of car jacking - Not a joke

Please keep this circulating... You walk across the parking lot, unlock
your car, and get inside. Then you start the engine and shift into
REVERSE, and you look into the rear view mirror to back out of your
parking space and you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the
rear window. So, you shift into PARK, unlock your doors and jump out of
your car to remove that
paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach
the back of your car, that is when the car-jacker appear out of nowhere,
jump into your car and take off! Your engine was running and they
practically mow you down as they speed off in your car. And guess what
ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car... BE AWARE OF THIS NEW
SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.Just drive away and remove the paper that
is stuck to your window later, and be thankful that you read this
email.. I hope you will forward this to friends and family... especially
to women! A purse contains all of your identification, and you certainly
do NOT want someone getting your home address. They already HAVE your keys!

--
BILL P.
Just Dog

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

"William Boyd" > wrote in message
> Subject: New form of car jacking - Not a joke

The rumor of this is FALSE. Do yourself a favor before posting this kind of
drivel by checking snopes.com out first.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carjack.asp

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"kilikini" > wrote in message
news

> "William Boyd" > wrote in message
>> Subject: New form of car jacking - Not a joke
>>

> The rumor of this is FALSE. Do yourself a favor before posting this kind
> of
> drivel by checking snopes.com out first.
>
> http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carjack.asp
>
> kili

It's actually a workable plan, but still....this junk mail thing is getting
old. It may as well say "Be careful going down your basement stairs - you
could trip and smash your head on the cement floor". Duh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

If you walk to your car in a parking-lot so oblivious to what's going
on around you that you fail to notice paper stuck to your rear window
as you approach... you deserve to have your car jacked. Kev

Posted to rec.food.cooking
ms. tonya

(William*Boyd)WROTE:
[...]
RESPONSE: Here in Detroit area they will carjack your auto regardless if
paper is on your back window or simply stopped at a traffic light.
Latest going on's here with potential gang member is driving at dusk
with head lights off waiting for the first people to blink at him to
turn lights on. Driver is then guned down and kid now has full
membership to gang.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob

On 2006-01-06, ms. tonya > wrote:

> with head lights off waiting for the first people to blink at him to
> turn lights on. Driver is then guned down and kid now has full
> membership to gang.

From one urban legend to another:

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/lightsout.asp

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

> RESPONSE: Here in Detroit area they will carjack your auto regardless if paper is on your back window or simply stopped at a traffic light. Latest going on's here with potential gang member is driving at dusk with head lights off waiting for the first people to blink at him to turn lights on. Driver is then guned down and kid now has full membership to gang.

I imagine anyone driving at night with their lights off is quite
aware of the fact- flashing your lights at them as you approach is
basically saying, "hey dumbass... turn your lights on!" at which point
(in Detroit apparently) you find yourself peppered about the face, neck
and chest with teen agnst 9mm. lead.
So I say... "leave the driving lesson communique's to the cops- good
samaritans oft' find themselves victems of their charity." Kev

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"ms. tonya" > wrote in message
(William Boyd)WROTE:
[...]

=====================

Gangsters like that WANT to die. Helping them toward that goal is the
neighborly thing to do.

http://www.packing.org/state/michigan/
Michigan State Constitution Declaration of Rights
Article I, Section 6:
Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself
and the state.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

> Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself and the state.

I don't bear my arms... my fair complexion is prone to sunburn and I
appreciate the appearance of wrinkle-free skin. K

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"kevnbro" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>> Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself
>> and the state.

> I don't bear my arms... my fair complexion is prone to sunburn and I
> appreciate the appearance of wrinkle-free skin. K

<drum crash!>

"Is this an audience or an oil painting?"
-Henny Youngman

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com>,
"kevnbro" > wrote:

> > RESPONSE: Here in Detroit area they will carjack your auto regardless if
> > paper is on your back window or simply stopped at a traffic light. Latest
> > going on's here with potential gang member is driving at dusk with head
> > lights off waiting for the first people to blink at him to turn lights on.
> > Driver is then guned down and kid now has full membership to gang.

> I imagine anyone driving at night with their lights off is quite
> aware of the fact- flashing your lights at them as you approach is
> basically saying, "hey dumbass... turn your lights on!" at which point
> (in Detroit apparently) you find yourself peppered about the face, neck
> and chest with teen agnst 9mm. lead.
> So I say... "leave the driving lesson communique's to the cops- good
> samaritans oft' find themselves victems of their charity." Kev

Get yourself a CHL, and a .45....... ;-)
And learn how to use it!

I'm working on getting mine, and am yet on the lookout for said caliber.
I have a couple of others, but not one of those. I qualified with a 9mm
but have since been told by many that a .38 or a .45 would be a more
effective carry weapon.

The Redhawk is too big to conceal. <G>

Cheers!
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article .com>,
> "kevnbro" > wrote:
>
>> > RESPONSE: Here in Detroit area they will carjack your auto regardless
>> > if
>> > paper is on your back window or simply stopped at a traffic light.
>> > Latest
>> > going on's here with potential gang member is driving at dusk with head
>> > lights off waiting for the first people to blink at him to turn lights
>> > on.
>> > Driver is then guned down and kid now has full membership to gang.

>> I imagine anyone driving at night with their lights off is quite
>> aware of the fact- flashing your lights at them as you approach is
>> basically saying, "hey dumbass... turn your lights on!" at which point
>> (in Detroit apparently) you find yourself peppered about the face, neck
>> and chest with teen agnst 9mm. lead.
>> So I say... "leave the driving lesson communique's to the cops- good
>> samaritans oft' find themselves victems of their charity." Kev

> Get yourself a CHL, and a .45....... ;-)
> And learn how to use it!
>
> I'm working on getting mine, and am yet on the lookout for said caliber.
> I have a couple of others, but not one of those. I qualified with a 9mm
> but have since been told by many that a .38 or a .45 would be a more
> effective carry weapon.
>
> The Redhawk is too big to conceal. <G>

Check out the new Kahr P45 before you make a decision on anything else. It's
a *really* nice little gun.
http://www.kahr.com/new_kp4543.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

>Get yourself a CHL, and a .45....... ;-)
And learn how to use it!

Aah yes! The, "criminals will always have guns, so I should too"
mentality.

Scenario:
I have a gun in my car, you have a gun in your car... all God's
chillin' got a gun in the car.
Teen gang-banger starts bustin' caps at you for flashing your lights
and you return fire equally bent on destruction. Some of your bullets
hit their mark- some hit the car... others fly in my direction as i'm
riding alongside the gangster car. Wondering why i'm suddenly being
shot at by some dude being shot at by some dudes, i'm inspired to pull
my own 45 cal. and bang off a few... so off go my bullets whizzing in
and out of your automobile, in and out of gangster car and in and out
of a few others on the road turning the highway into a snowballing
capfest.

Since when does every bullet fired in anger or defense hit it's
intended target?

Grow up... get over the power trip of carrying a gun and accept the
fact that you're no Dirty F'n Harry and life isn't a vigilanty flick.
Kev

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"kevnbro" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> >Get yourself a CHL, and a .45....... ;-)

> And learn how to use it!
>
> Aah yes! The, "criminals will always have guns, so I should too"
> mentality.
>
> Scenario:
> I have a gun in my car, you have a gun in your car... all God's
> chillin' got a gun in the car.
> Teen gang-banger starts bustin' caps at you for flashing your lights
> and you return fire equally bent on destruction. Some of your bullets
> hit their mark- some hit the car... others fly in my direction as i'm
> riding alongside the gangster car. Wondering why i'm suddenly being
> shot at by some dude being shot at by some dudes, i'm inspired to pull
> my own 45 cal. and bang off a few... so off go my bullets whizzing in
> and out of your automobile, in and out of gangster car and in and out
> of a few others on the road turning the highway into a snowballing
> capfest.
>
> Since when does every bullet fired in anger or defense hit it's
> intended target?
>
> Grow up... get over the power trip of carrying a gun and accept the
> fact that you're no Dirty F'n Harry and life isn't a vigilanty flick.
> Kev

Oh stop, will ya? You know people who own guns, and you're perfectly OK with
those people.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com>,
"kevnbro" > wrote:

> > Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself
> > and the state.

> I don't bear my arms... my fair complexion is prone to sunburn and I
> appreciate the appearance of wrinkle-free skin. K

Smart ass.... <G>
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"Doug Kanter" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message

> >> I imagine anyone driving at night with their lights off is quite
> >> aware of the fact- flashing your lights at them as you approach is
> >> basically saying, "hey dumbass... turn your lights on!" at which point
> >> (in Detroit apparently) you find yourself peppered about the face, neck
> >> and chest with teen agnst 9mm. lead.
> >> So I say... "leave the driving lesson communique's to the cops- good
> >> samaritans oft' find themselves victems of their charity." Kev

> > Get yourself a CHL, and a .45....... ;-)
> > And learn how to use it!
> >
> > I'm working on getting mine, and am yet on the lookout for said caliber.
> > I have a couple of others, but not one of those. I qualified with a 9mm
> > but have since been told by many that a .38 or a .45 would be a more
> > effective carry weapon.
> >
> > The Redhawk is too big to conceal. <G>

> Check out the new Kahr P45 before you make a decision on anything else. It's
> a *really* nice little gun.
> http://www.kahr.com/new_kp4543.html

That is nice, and a nice size...

and a nice price. <G>

I've been purchasing used weapons with excellent results so far.
It's saved me some $$$ and I got a hell of a deal on the Ruger Redhawk.
I could easily resell it for 1/2 again what I paid, but it ain't for
sale! <lol> It's a .357 and is my home-defense item.

I generally buy Ruger or S&W. How reliable are Kahr's?
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Doug Kanter" > wrote:
>
>> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message

>> > Get yourself a CHL, and a .45....... ;-)
>> > And learn how to use it!
>> >
>> > I'm working on getting mine, and am yet on the lookout for said
>> > caliber.
>> > I have a couple of others, but not one of those. I qualified with a 9mm
>> > but have since been told by many that a .38 or a .45 would be a more
>> > effective carry weapon.
>> >
>> > The Redhawk is too big to conceal. <G>

>> Check out the new Kahr P45 before you make a decision on anything else.
>> It's
>> a *really* nice little gun.
>> http://www.kahr.com/new_kp4543.html
>>

> That is nice, and a nice size...
>
> and a nice price. <G>
>
> I've been purchasing used weapons with excellent results so far.
> It's saved me some $$$ and I got a hell of a deal on the Ruger Redhawk.
> I could easily resell it for 1/2 again what I paid, but it ain't for
> sale! <lol> It's a .357 and is my home-defense item.
>
> I generally buy Ruger or S&W. How reliable are Kahr's?
> --
> Om.

I have the K40 (40 cal). The first time I fired it, which was also the first
time I used a semi-auto, it jammed 4 out of 10 times (failure to eject
brass). A guy from the next booth heard me mumbling obscenities, stopped
shooting, watched what I was doing, and told me I was limp-wristing the gun.
I stopped doing that. It never had a problem again, regardless of what kind
of ammo I use. Limp-wristing is apparently the most common problem faced by
people who're shooting a semi-auto for the first time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article . com>,
"kevnbro" > wrote:

> >Get yourself a CHL, and a .45....... ;-)

> And learn how to use it!
>
> Aah yes! The, "criminals will always have guns, so I should too"
> mentality.
>
> Scenario:
> I have a gun in my car, you have a gun in your car... all God's
> chillin' got a gun in the car.
> Teen gang-banger starts bustin' caps at you for flashing your lights
> and you return fire equally bent on destruction. Some of your bullets
> hit their mark- some hit the car... others fly in my direction as i'm
> riding alongside the gangster car. Wondering why i'm suddenly being
> shot at by some dude being shot at by some dudes, i'm inspired to pull
> my own 45 cal. and bang off a few... so off go my bullets whizzing in
> and out of your automobile, in and out of gangster car and in and out
> of a few others on the road turning the highway into a snowballing
> capfest.
>
> Since when does every bullet fired in anger or defense hit it's
> intended target?
>
> Grow up... get over the power trip of carrying a gun and accept the
> fact that you're no Dirty F'n Harry and life isn't a vigilanty flick.
> Kev

So you would prefer to be a helpless victim?

Your choice......
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"Doug Kanter" > wrote:

> I have the K40 (40 cal). The first time I fired it, which was also the first
> time I used a semi-auto, it jammed 4 out of 10 times (failure to eject
> brass). A guy from the next booth heard me mumbling obscenities, stopped
> shooting, watched what I was doing, and told me I was limp-wristing the gun.
> I stopped doing that. It never had a problem again, regardless of what kind
> of ammo I use. Limp-wristing is apparently the most common problem faced by
> people who're shooting a semi-auto for the first time.

Limp wristing?
I'm not familiar with that idea?
My 9mm so far has never jammed on me, but my teensy little .22 does it a
lot. It's much smaller and lighter.

I need to take it apart and clean it to see if that is the issue, then
it goes to the shop.

Please explain?
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

>Oh stop, will ya? You know people who own guns, and you're perfectly OK with those people.

Certainly I know people who own guns- they leave them locked up at
home and only bring them out to go hunting or clean 'em.

I don't want to walk the streets with semi-trained, trigger-happy,
paronoid, wannabee superheros bent on defending humanity from anyone
who by their definition justifies the drawing of a concealed handgun
during the unfortunate possibility they cross their path and push the
wrong buttons.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kevnbro

>So you would prefer to be a helpless victim?

I'm 41 years old and know no one who's ever been a "helpless victim"
of a handgun crime or any gun for that matter.

How many do you know?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Doug Kanter" > wrote:
>
>> I have the K40 (40 cal). The first time I fired it, which was also the
>> first
>> time I used a semi-auto, it jammed 4 out of 10 times (failure to eject
>> brass). A guy from the next booth heard me mumbling obscenities, stopped
>> shooting, watched what I was doing, and told me I was limp-wristing the
>> gun.
>> I stopped doing that. It never had a problem again, regardless of what
>> kind
>> of ammo I use. Limp-wristing is apparently the most common problem faced
>> by
>> people who're shooting a semi-auto for the first time.

> Limp wristing?
> I'm not familiar with that idea?
> My 9mm so far has never jammed on me, but my teensy little .22 does it a
> lot. It's much smaller and lighter.
>
> I need to take it apart and clean it to see if that is the issue, then
> it goes to the shop.
>
> Please explain?

The simple version (and probably not an accurate explanation, in terms of
physics): When the empty brass is ejected, it sort of needs to push against
something. If you're holding the gun too loosely, it jerks slightly to the
left as the brass tries to fly out the ejector port. You usually don't
notice it because the backward recoil is more obvious. Anyway, the brass
doesn't always eject. From what I've read, it tends to be more of an issue
with larger calibers like .40 & .45. You can easily make it happen even with
a $2000.00 custom piece, like a Kimber. To cure the problem does NOT mean
you have to have a death grip on the gun. Usually, you just need to hold it
a little tighter. So, it's the easiest misfeed problem to cure.

Other types of misfeeds occur for other reasons, like lousy gun design, or a
specific brand/type of ammo that your gun doesn't work well with.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"projectile vomit chick" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 18:49:54 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, "Doug Kanter"
> > hit the crackpipe and declared:
>>
>>Check out the new Kahr P45 before you make a decision on anything else.
>>It's
>>a *really* nice little gun.
>>http://www.kahr.com/new_kp4543.html
>>

> Oh, and a gun enthusiast as well. 'Nuff said.

The crack whore returns, with nothing to
contribute.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Doug Kanter" > wrote:
>
>> I have the K40 (40 cal). The first time I fired it, which was also the
>> first
>> time I used a semi-auto, it jammed 4 out of 10 times (failure to eject
>> brass). A guy from the next booth heard me mumbling obscenities, stopped
>> shooting, watched what I was doing, and told me I was limp-wristing the
>> gun.
>> I stopped doing that. It never had a problem again, regardless of what
>> kind
>> of ammo I use. Limp-wristing is apparently the most common problem faced
>> by
>> people who're shooting a semi-auto for the first time.

> Limp wristing?
> I'm not familiar with that idea?
> My 9mm so far has never jammed on me, but my teensy little .22 does it a
> lot. It's much smaller and lighter.
>
> I need to take it apart and clean it to see if that is the issue, then
> it goes to the shop.
>
> Please explain?

Two good books worth owning:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087...lance&n=283155

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158...lance&n=283155

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"Doug Kanter" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Doug Kanter" > wrote:
> >
> >> I have the K40 (40 cal). The first time I fired it, which was also the
> >> first
> >> time I used a semi-auto, it jammed 4 out of 10 times (failure to eject
> >> brass). A guy from the next booth heard me mumbling obscenities, stopped
> >> shooting, watched what I was doing, and told me I was limp-wristing the
> >> gun.
> >> I stopped doing that. It never had a problem again, regardless of what
> >> kind
> >> of ammo I use. Limp-wristing is apparently the most common problem faced
> >> by
> >> people who're shooting a semi-auto for the first time.

> > Limp wristing?
> > I'm not familiar with that idea?
> > My 9mm so far has never jammed on me, but my teensy little .22 does it a
> > lot. It's much smaller and lighter.
> >
> > I need to take it apart and clean it to see if that is the issue, then
> > it goes to the shop.
> >
> > Please explain?

> The simple version (and probably not an accurate explanation, in terms of
> physics): When the empty brass is ejected, it sort of needs to push against
> something. If you're holding the gun too loosely, it jerks slightly to the
> left as the brass tries to fly out the ejector port. You usually don't
> notice it because the backward recoil is more obvious. Anyway, the brass
> doesn't always eject. From what I've read, it tends to be more of an issue
> with larger calibers like .40 & .45. You can easily make it happen even with
> a $2000.00 custom piece, like a Kimber. To cure the problem does NOT mean
> you have to have a death grip on the gun. Usually, you just need to hold it
> a little tighter. So, it's the easiest misfeed problem to cure.

I see.

I wonder if trigger weight has anything to do with that?
You have to hold pretty firmly if the trigger pull is hard.
If you see what I mean?

> Other types of misfeeds occur for other reasons, like lousy gun design, or a
> specific brand/type of ammo that your gun doesn't work well with.

Or a gun that has sat for several years without being cleaned or fired...

--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"Doug Kanter" > wrote:

> "projectile vomit chick" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 18:49:54 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, "Doug Kanter"
> > > hit the crackpipe and declared:
> >>
> >>Check out the new Kahr P45 before you make a decision on anything else.
> >>It's
> >>a *really* nice little gun.
> >>http://www.kahr.com/new_kp4543.html
> >>

> > Oh, and a gun enthusiast as well. 'Nuff said.

> The crack whore returns, with nothing to
> contribute.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Indeed.......

And it's Heroin, not crack I think???
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Doug Kanter" > wrote:
>
>> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message

>> > Limp wristing?
>> > I'm not familiar with that idea?
>> > My 9mm so far has never jammed on me, but my teensy little .22 does it
>> > lot. It's much smaller and lighter.
>> >
>> > I need to take it apart and clean it to see if that is the issue, then
>> > it goes to the shop.
>> >
>> > Please explain?

>> The simple version (and probably not an accurate explanation, in terms of
>> physics): When the empty brass is ejected, it sort of needs to push
>> against
>> something. If you're holding the gun too loosely, it jerks slightly to
>> the
>> left as the brass tries to fly out the ejector port. You usually don't
>> notice it because the backward recoil is more obvious. Anyway, the brass
>> doesn't always eject. From what I've read, it tends to be more of an
>> issue
>> with larger calibers like .40 & .45. You can easily make it happen even
>> with
>> a $2000.00 custom piece, like a Kimber. To cure the problem does NOT mean
>> you have to have a death grip on the gun. Usually, you just need to hold
>> it
>> a little tighter. So, it's the easiest misfeed problem to cure.

> I see.
>
> I wonder if trigger weight has anything to do with that?
> You have to hold pretty firmly if the trigger pull is hard.
> If you see what I mean?

It has nothing to do with trigger weight.

>> Other types of misfeeds occur for other reasons, like lousy gun design,
>> or a
>> specific brand/type of ammo that your gun doesn't work well with.

> Or a gun that has sat for several years without being cleaned or fired...

If your gun sits that long without being fired, you're not practicing
enough. That means you won't be prepared to use it effectively, or more
important, SAFELY. Why own it, then?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Doug Kanter" > wrote:
>
>> "projectile vomit chick" > wrote in message
>> > On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 18:49:54 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, "Doug Kanter"

>> > Oh, and a gun enthusiast as well. 'Nuff said.

>> The crack whore returns, with nothing to
>> contribute.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.........
>>

> Indeed.......
>
> And it's Heroin, not crack I think???

Keith Richards is a heroin addict, and he's able to conduct effective
interviews and play marvelous guitar. So, I figured this vomit thing had to
be a crack addict.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"Doug Kanter" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Doug Kanter" > wrote:
> >
> >> I have the K40 (40 cal). The first time I fired it, which was also the
> >> first
> >> time I used a semi-auto, it jammed 4 out of 10 times (failure to eject
> >> brass). A guy from the next booth heard me mumbling obscenities, stopped
> >> shooting, watched what I was doing, and told me I was limp-wristing the
> >> gun.
> >> I stopped doing that. It never had a problem again, regardless of what
> >> kind
> >> of ammo I use. Limp-wristing is apparently the most common problem faced
> >> by
> >> people who're shooting a semi-auto for the first time.

> > Limp wristing?
> > I'm not familiar with that idea?
> > My 9mm so far has never jammed on me, but my teensy little .22 does it a
> > lot. It's much smaller and lighter.
> >
> > I need to take it apart and clean it to see if that is the issue, then
> > it goes to the shop.
> >
> > Please explain?

> Two good books worth owning:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087...1/ref=sr_1_1/1
> 03-5259724-7588617?s=books&v=glance&n=283155
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158...259724-7588617
> ?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155

It's that obvious that I'm fairly new to pistols? ;-)
Granted, I grew up with rifles and have only recently started learning
about hand guns...

I seem to be ok with them. I only missed the torso target at the range
when I qualified 3 times out of 50 rounds. All the rest were in the
"kill" zones.

I found a neat magazine laying around at work also that I pulled the
subscription card from. Guns and Ammo.

Thanks!
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Doug Kanter" > wrote:
>
>> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message

>> > Limp wristing?
>> > I'm not familiar with that idea?
>> > My 9mm so far has never jammed on me, but my teensy little .22 does it
>> > lot. It's much smaller and lighter.
>> >
>> > I need to take it apart and clean it to see if that is the issue, then
>> > it goes to the shop.
>> >
>> > Please explain?

>> Two good books worth owning:
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087...1/ref=sr_1_1/1
>> 03-5259724-7588617?s=books&v=glance&n=283155
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/158...259724-7588617
>> ?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155
>>

> It's that obvious that I'm fairly new to pistols? ;-)
> Granted, I grew up with rifles and have only recently started learning
> about hand guns...
>
> I seem to be ok with them. I only missed the torso target at the range
> when I qualified 3 times out of 50 rounds. All the rest were in the
> "kill" zones.
>
> I found a neat magazine laying around at work also that I pulled the
> subscription card from. Guns and Ammo.

Those two books are worth owning, even if you have lots of experience.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"Doug Kanter" > wrote:

> If your gun sits that long without being fired, you're not practicing
> enough. That means you won't be prepared to use it effectively, or more
> important, SAFELY. Why own it, then?

Tsk! I was referring to the .22 I bought that mis-fired...
It was not obviously dirty but when I asked the old owner about it, that
was exactly what had happened.
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"Doug Kanter" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> The crack whore returns, with nothing to
> >> contribute.....zzzzzzzzzzzz.........
> >>

> > Indeed.......
> >
> > And it's Heroin, not crack I think???

> Keith Richards is a heroin addict, and he's able to conduct effective
> interviews and play marvelous guitar. So, I figured this vomit thing had to
> be a crack addict.

You're probably right. ;-)
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Doug Kanter" > wrote:
>
>> If your gun sits that long without being fired, you're not practicing
>> enough. That means you won't be prepared to use it effectively, or more
>> important, SAFELY. Why own it, then?

> Tsk! I was referring to the .22 I bought that mis-fired...
> It was not obviously dirty but when I asked the old owner about it, that
> was exactly what had happened.
> --
> Om.

Oh...OK. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"Doug Kanter" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Doug Kanter" > wrote:
> >
> >> If your gun sits that long without being fired, you're not practicing
> >> enough. That means you won't be prepared to use it effectively, or more
> >> important, SAFELY. Why own it, then?

> > Tsk! I was referring to the .22 I bought that mis-fired...
> > It was not obviously dirty but when I asked the old owner about it, that
> > was exactly what had happened.
> > --
> > Om.

> Oh...OK. :-)

Target practicing is too much fun...
and it allows me to spend quality time with dad! <G>

Cheers!
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob

Doug Kanter wrote:
> "ms. tonya" > wrote in message
> (William Boyd)WROTE:
> Subject: New form of car jacking - Not a joke
> Please keep this circulating... You walk across the parking lot, unlock
> your car, and get inside. Then you start the engine and shift into
> REVERSE, and you look into the rear view mirror to back out of your
> parking space and you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the
> rear window. So, you shift into PARK, unlock your doors and jump out of
> your car to remove that
> paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach
> the back of your car, that is when the car-jacker appear out of nowhere,
> jump into your car and take off! Your engine was running and they
> practically mow you down as they speed off in your car. And guess what
> ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car... BE AWARE OF THIS NEW
> SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.Just drive away and remove the paper that
> is stuck to your window later, and be thankful that you read this
> email.. I hope you will forward this to friends and family... especially
> to women! A purse contains all of your identification, and you certainly
> do NOT want someone getting your home address. They already HAVE your
> keys! ------------------------------------------------------
>
> RESPONSE: Here in Detroit area they will carjack your auto regardless if
> paper is on your back window or simply stopped at a traffic light.
> Latest going on's here with potential gang member is driving at dusk
> with head lights off waiting for the first people to blink at him to
> turn lights on. Driver is then guned down and kid now has full
> membership to gang.
>

> =====================
>
> Gangsters like that WANT to die. Helping them toward that goal is the
> neighborly thing to do.
>
> http://www.packing.org/state/michigan/
> Michigan State Constitution Declaration of Rights
> Article I, Section 6:
> Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself
> and the state.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, even tho Michigan has open carry, you
can't have a loaded gun /in your car/ without a conceal carry permit.
Open carry doesn't apply in a vehicle. (stupid politicians)

I think if I lived in Detroit I would get a permit just so I could keep
a .44 Special in the glovebox or under the seat.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Kanter

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message

>> Gangsters like that WANT to die. Helping them toward that goal is the
>> neighborly thing to do.
>>
>> http://www.packing.org/state/michigan/
>> Michigan State Constitution Declaration of Rights
>> Article I, Section 6:
>> Every person has a right to keep and bear arms for the defense of himself
>> and the state.

> I agree with you. Unfortunately, even tho Michigan has open carry, you
> can't have a loaded gun /in your car/ without a conceal carry permit. Open
> carry doesn't apply in a vehicle. (stupid politicians)
>
> I think if I lived in Detroit I would get a permit just so I could keep a
> .44 Special in the glovebox or under the seat.
>
> Bob

Permits aren't so bad. Although it's just a statistical sample of one, I
know one person who was too dumb to have a gun, and was prevented from
getting his permit for that reason. Long story.....

Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> In article .com>,
> "kevnbro" > wrote:
>

>>>RESPONSE: Here in Detroit area they will carjack your auto regardless if
>>>paper is on your back window or simply stopped at a traffic light. Latest
>>>going on's here with potential gang member is driving at dusk with head
>>>lights off waiting for the first people to blink at him to turn lights on.
>>>Driver is then guned down and kid now has full membership to gang.

>> I imagine anyone driving at night with their lights off is quite
>>aware of the fact- flashing your lights at them as you approach is
>>basically saying, "hey dumbass... turn your lights on!" at which point
>>(in Detroit apparently) you find yourself peppered about the face, neck
>>and chest with teen agnst 9mm. lead.
>> So I say... "leave the driving lesson communique's to the cops- good
>>samaritans oft' find themselves victems of their charity." Kev

> Get yourself a CHL, and a .45....... ;-)
> And learn how to use it!
>
> I'm working on getting mine, and am yet on the lookout for said caliber.
> I have a couple of others, but not one of those. I qualified with a 9mm
> but have since been told by many that a .38 or a .45 would be a more
> effective carry weapon.
>
> The Redhawk is too big to conceal. <G>
>
> Cheers!

There is endless debate about 9mm vs .38 Special +P vs .45, the answer
is whichever one you will actually carry. The first rule of gunfighting
is to have a gun.

9mm is perfectly adequate, especially if you can get some Winchester
"Lawman" +P+ ammo for it.

(the second rule is to have a *rifle* if you get to choose the time and
place)

Best regards,
Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob

Default New Form of Cookie Jacking

projectile vomit chick wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:02:40 -0500, in rec.food.cooking,
> (ms. tonya) hit the crackpipe and declared:
>
>>RESPONSE: Here in Detroit area they will carjack your auto regardless if
>>paper is on your back window or simply stopped at a traffic light.
>>Latest going on's here with potential gang member is driving at dusk
>>with head lights off waiting for the first people to blink at him to
>>turn lights on. Driver is then guned down and kid now has full
>>membership to gang.

> Wow thanks for passing on the Oldest Urban Legend In The World.

"THIS IS TRUE----PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT AND PLEASE SEND THIS
TO EVERY PERSON YOU KNOW WHO HAS AN E-MAIL ADDRESS....THIS IS REALLY
TERRIFIC."

My daughter & I had just finished a salad at Neiman-Marcus Cafe in
Dallas & decided to have a small dessert. Because both of us are such
cookie lovers, we decided to try the "Neiman-Marcus Cookie".

It was so excellent that I asked if they would give me the recipe and
the waitress said with a small frown, "I'm afraid not." "Well", I
said, would you let me buy the recipe?"

With a cute smile, she said, "Yes." I asked how much, and she responded,
"Only two fifty, it's a great deal!" I said with approval, "Just add it
to my tab."

Thirty days later, I received my VISA statement from Neiman-Marcus and
it was $285.00. I looked again and I remembered I had only spent $9.95
for two salads and about $20.00 for a scarf. As I glanced at the bottom
of the statement, it said, "Cookie Recipe $250.00."

That's outrageous!! I called Neiman's Accounting Dept. and told them
the waitress said it was "two-fifty," which clearly does not mean "two
hundred and fifty dollars" by any *POSSIBLE* interpretation of the
phrase. Neiman-Marcus refused to budge. They would not refund my money,
because according to them, "What the waitress told you is not our
problem. You have already seen the recipe - we absolutely will not
refund your money at this point."

I explained to her the criminal statutes which govern fraud in Texas, I
threatened to refer them to the Better Business Bureau and the State's
Attorney General for engaging in fraud. I was basically told, "Do what
you want, we don't give a crap, and we're not refunding your money."

I waited, thinking of how I could get even, or even try and get any of
my money back. I just said, "Okay, you folks got my $250, and now I'm
going to have $250.00 worth of fun."

I told her that I was going to see to it that every cookie lover in the
United States with an e-mail account has a $250.00 cookie recipe from
Neiman-Marcus for free. She replied," I wish you wouldn't do this." I
said, "Well, you should have thought of that before you ripped me off",
and slammed down the phone on her. So, here it is!!!

Please, please, please pass it on to everyone you can possibly think of.
I paid $250 dollars for this... I don't want Neiman-Marcus to *EVER* get
another penny off of this recipe....

Neiman Marcus Cookie Recipe

(Recipe may be halved):
2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal**
24 oz. chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

** Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the
butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour,
oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey
Bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie
sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.

Have fun!!! This is *NOT* a joke --- this is a true story..

* * *

Best regards,
Bob

--
"I wish you wouldn't do this..."
Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"Doug Kanter" > wrote:

> Permits aren't so bad. Although it's just a statistical sample of one, I
> know one person who was too dumb to have a gun, and was prevented from
> getting his permit for that reason. Long story.....

Do tell? :-)

Sounds entertaining if you have time to type!

The permit process in Texas is a bit of a PITA, but it's do-able.

Have not finished all the paperwork yet, but I've got the class and some
of the notarized stuff done.

The only thing holding me up is passport pics.
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
zxcvbob > wrote:

> There is endless debate about 9mm vs .38 Special +P vs .45, the answer
> is whichever one you will actually carry. The first rule of gunfighting
> is to have a gun.

Duh. ;-)

> 9mm is perfectly adequate, especially if you can get some Winchester
> "Lawman" +P+ ammo for it.

Still learning about ammo., thanks for the advice!
Right now all I have are target rounds.
Not very good for stopping power.

> (the second rule is to have a *rifle* if you get to choose the time and
> place)

That's between me, Bambi, and the .308...
Venison anyone?
(just to bring it kicking and screaming back on topic ;-) )

> Best regards,
> Bob

Cheers!
--
Om.

Google Form Filling bbq Barbecue 0 04-01-2012 10:43 AM
A New Form Of Energy Water Removal General Cooking 4 16-02-2011 12:58 AM
882 Dd Form [email protected] Wine 0 23-05-2010 07:00 PM
Back form the Baltic Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 19 28-06-2008 11:58 AM
14" & 16" spring form JK Baking 6 20-08-2004 12:48 AM