Posted to sci.med.cardiology,alt.christnet.christianlife,alt.atheism,rec.food.cooking
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Default Alcohol & Blood Pressure

Erskine James wrote:

> Okay, Andrew, not to be tongue in cheek here--but I do wish to poke a
> little fun. I doubt you would state that Jesus would make a unhealthy
> drink out of a healthy drink. Of fluids, water is healthy--and Jesus's
> first miracle is turning water into wine. So wine has to be healthy!

The wine that Christ Jesus made from water was characterized as the
"best" in the observation by the banquet master, "Everyone brings out
the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have
had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now." (John
2:10)

Indeed living wine like living water from the LORD gives eternal life.
Such treasures are generously given to those who choose to walk with the
LORD.

Would be more than happy to "glow" and chat about this and other things
like cardiology, diabetes and nutrition that interest those following
this thread here during the next on-line chat(01/06/2006) from 6 to 7 pm
EST:

http://tinyurl.com/cpayh

For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for how
the LORD has reshaped me:

http://tinyurl.com/bgfqt

Prayerfully in Christ's love,

Andrew
http://tinyurl.com/b6xwk
Posted to sci.med.cardiology,alt.christnet.christianlife,rec.food.cooking
Robibnikoff

Stop nym-shifting, you worthless *******!
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo

Posted to sci.med.cardiology,alt.christnet.christianlife,alt.atheism,rec.food.cooking
erikc

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:18:42 -0500, "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD"
> wrote:

>Erskine James wrote:
>>
>> Okay, Andrew, not to be tongue in cheek here--but I do wish to poke a
>> little fun. I doubt you would state that Jesus would make a unhealthy
>> drink out of a healthy drink. Of fluids, water is healthy--and Jesus's
>> first miracle is turning water into wine. So wine has to be healthy!

Mostly, it was wine that people drank back then because people regularly got
sick drinking the water. The alcohol in the wine killed some of the germs and
gave them the buzz they needed to put up with life as it was back then.

Erikc (alt.atheist #002) | "An Fhirinne in aghaidh an tSaoil."
BAAWA Knight (retired) | "The Truth against the World."
Posted to sci.med.cardiology,alt.christnet.christianlife,rec.food.cooking,alt.atheism
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Default Conqueror bent on conquest: The Lamb opened the 1st of the 7 seals on His birthday (12/25/2005)

Robibnikoff wrote:
> "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" > wrote in message
> > Erskine James wrote:
> >>
> >> Okay, Andrew, not to be tongue in cheek here--but I do wish to poke a
> >> little fun. I doubt you would state that Jesus would make a unhealthy
> >> drink out of a healthy drink. Of fluids, water is healthy--and Jesus's
> >> first miracle is turning water into wine. So wine has to be healthy!

> > The wine that Christ Jesus made from water

> Stop nym-shifting, you worthless *******!

Ouch. You may have at the other cheek.

Would be more than happy to "glow" and chat about this and other things
like cardiology, diabetes and nutrition that interest those following
this thread here during the next on-line chat (01/12/06) from 6 to 7 pm
EST:

http://tinyurl.com/cpayh

For those who are put off by the signature, my advance apologies for
how the LORD has reshaped me:

http://tinyurl.com/bgfqt

Prayerfully in Christ's love,

Andrew