Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

Default REC: 1950s Cheeseball

My mom began making this cheeseball in the early 1950s. Not sure where she
got the recipe, but probably from one of her friends. I make this every
Christmas and divide the recipe in half, making two medium-sized
cheeseballs, one for Christmas and one for New Years. It's not gourmet
fare, but it's very tasty.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cheese Ball

Recipe By : Unknown
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Appetizers, Cheese

-----CHEESEBALL-----
1 Jar Kraft Old English Cheese
1 Jar Kraft Roka Blue Cheese
2 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 tb Dried onion flakes, crushed
1/4 ts Garlic powder
1 tb Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 ts Tobasco Sauce
2 tb Coarsely Chopped Pecans
2 tb Dried parsley flakes
-----MIXTURE FOR ROLLING-----
1/3 c Coarsely Chopped Pecans
1/4 c Dried parsley flakes

Allow cheeses to come to room temperature. Blend cheese and all
remaining ingredients using a fork and rubber spatula until mixture is
smooth. (Do not be tempted to use electric mixer, blender, or food
processor or mixture will remain too thin for rolling.)

Turn cheese mixture into plastic wrap lined small mixing bowl. Cover
and chill several hours or overnight until firm enough to roll.

Combine remaining chopped pecans and parsley flakes in plate or pie pan.
Remove cheese mixture from mixing bowl using the plastic wrap and shape
into ball. Roll ball in pecan/parsley mixture and wrap in plastic wrap.
Refrigerate until serving time.

Note: Cheeseball will keep 2 weeks in refrigerator or 3 months in
freezer. If frozen, thaw in refrigerator before serving.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
Posted to rec.food.cooking
itsjoannotjoann

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> My mom began making this cheeseball in the early 1950s. Not sure where she
> got the recipe, but probably from one of her friends. I make this every
> Christmas and divide the recipe in half, making two medium-sized
> cheeseballs, one for Christmas and one for New Years. It's not gourmet
> fare, but it's very tasty.
>

> * Exported from MasterCook *

I've had this cheeseball many times and it IS tasty. Personally, I
think it's the best of all the cheesball recipes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 30 Dec 2005 06:15:54p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
itsjoannotjoann?

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> My mom began making this cheeseball in the early 1950s. Not sure where
>> she got the recipe, but probably from one of her friends. I make this
>> every Christmas and divide the recipe in half, making two medium-sized
>> cheeseballs, one for Christmas and one for New Years. It's not gourmet
>> fare, but it's very tasty.
>>

>> * Exported from MasterCook *

> I've had this cheeseball many times and it IS tasty. Personally, I
> think it's the best of all the cheesball recipes.

Thanks, Joan, I think so too. There are several cheeseball recipes I make
occasionally, but this one is my favorite.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*