Old 30-12-2005, 11:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Bubba

Default Body Chains

Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

Thanks,
Bubba
--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?

Old 30-12-2005, 11:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bubba wrote:
Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

Thanks,
Bubba
--

It depends upoin what the butcher looks like.

Old 30-12-2005, 05:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
cytodd

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

any questions?

Old 30-12-2005, 05:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
cytodd

Bubba wrote:
Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
gloves are used...

Old 30-12-2005, 06:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Bubba

cytodd wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
gloves are used...

Thanks. That makes sense, but the body chains I ran across look like this:

http://twincutlery.hypermart.net/item9110200r.html

It's got me puzzled.

Bubba

--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?

Old 30-12-2005, 07:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
Bubba wrote:

cytodd wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
gloves are used...

Thanks. That makes sense, but the body chains I ran across look like this:

http://twincutlery.hypermart.net/item9110200r.html

It's got me puzzled.

Bubba

Maybe it's for lifting the body of the cow on the block and tackle???
--
Om.

Old 30-12-2005, 08:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy G.

Just a guess on my part, but in commercial operations a power saw is
used to split the carcass down the backbone. It looks like it may be a
replacement saw blade for that purpose.

Years ago our slaughter man used a modified chainsaw for this pupose.
For small homestead operations you can use a bone saw or even a new
hacksaw and saw by hand.

Old 30-12-2005, 08:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com,
"Nancy G." wrote:

Just a guess on my part, but in commercial operations a power saw is
used to split the carcass down the backbone. It looks like it may be a
replacement saw blade for that purpose.

Years ago our slaughter man used a modified chainsaw for this pupose.
For small homestead operations you can use a bone saw or even a new
hacksaw and saw by hand.

Some people use electric reciprocating saws too. :-)
--
Om.

Old 30-12-2005, 09:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Tony P.

In article .com,
says...
http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

any questions?

Good old chain-mail. So the Germans really do keep that stuff up to
date. Nice to know.
Old 30-12-2005, 09:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
nancree

It looks like a replacement chain for a chain saw (used to split
backbone).

Old 30-12-2005, 09:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

The body chains I run across look like this: http://tinyurl.com/88qru

Old 31-12-2005, 01:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Bubba

Sheldon wrote:
Bubba wrote:

cytodd wrote:

Bubba wrote:

Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
gloves are used...

Thanks. That makes sense, but the body chains I ran across look like this:

http://twincutlery.hypermart.net/item9110200r.html

The body chains I run across look like this: http://tinyurl.com/88qru

Nice....but....they look different somehow! And if I order those....my
wife's gonna be ****ED!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!

Bubba

--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?
Old 31-12-2005, 04:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Ken Davey

Sheldon wrote:
Bubba wrote:
cytodd wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
gloves are used...

Thanks. That makes sense, but the body chains I ran across look
like this:

http://twincutlery.hypermart.net/item9110200r.html

The body chains I run across look like this: http://tinyurl.com/88qru

Sure tells us what *you* do in your spare time.
--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'