FoodBanter.com

-   -   Body Chains (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/77784-body-chains.html)

Bubba 30-12-2005 11:04 AM

Body Chains

Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

Thanks,
Bubba
--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?

[email protected] 30-12-2005 11:54 AM

Body Chains

Bubba wrote:
Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

Thanks,
Bubba
--

It depends upoin what the butcher looks like.

cytodd 30-12-2005 05:36 PM

Body Chains

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

any questions?

cytodd 30-12-2005 05:39 PM

Body Chains

Bubba wrote:
Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
gloves are used...

Bubba 30-12-2005 06:00 PM

Body Chains

cytodd wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
gloves are used...

Thanks. That makes sense, but the body chains I ran across look like this:

http://twincutlery.hypermart.net/item9110200r.html

It's got me puzzled.

Bubba

--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?

OmManiPadmeOmelet 30-12-2005 07:25 PM

Body Chains

In article ,
Bubba wrote:

cytodd wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
gloves are used...

Thanks. That makes sense, but the body chains I ran across look like this:

http://twincutlery.hypermart.net/item9110200r.html

It's got me puzzled.

Bubba

Maybe it's for lifting the body of the cow on the block and tackle???
--
Om.

Nancy G. 30-12-2005 08:18 PM

Body Chains

Just a guess on my part, but in commercial operations a power saw is
used to split the carcass down the backbone. It looks like it may be a
replacement saw blade for that purpose.

Years ago our slaughter man used a modified chainsaw for this pupose.
For small homestead operations you can use a bone saw or even a new
hacksaw and saw by hand.

OmManiPadmeOmelet 30-12-2005 08:24 PM

Body Chains

In article .com,
"Nancy G." wrote:

Just a guess on my part, but in commercial operations a power saw is
used to split the carcass down the backbone. It looks like it may be a
replacement saw blade for that purpose.

Years ago our slaughter man used a modified chainsaw for this pupose.
For small homestead operations you can use a bone saw or even a new
hacksaw and saw by hand.

Some people use electric reciprocating saws too. :-)
--
Om.

Tony P. 30-12-2005 09:17 PM

Body Chains

In article .com,
says...
http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

any questions?

Good old chain-mail. So the Germans really do keep that stuff up to
date. Nice to know.

nancree 30-12-2005 09:27 PM

Body Chains

It looks like a replacement chain for a chain saw (used to split
backbone).

Sheldon 30-12-2005 09:33 PM

Body Chains

Bubba wrote:

The body chains I run across look like this: http://tinyurl.com/88qru

Bubba 31-12-2005 01:34 AM

Body Chains

Sheldon wrote:
Bubba wrote:

cytodd wrote:

Bubba wrote:

Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
gloves are used...

Thanks. That makes sense, but the body chains I ran across look like this:

http://twincutlery.hypermart.net/item9110200r.html

The body chains I run across look like this: http://tinyurl.com/88qru

Nice....but....they look different somehow! And if I order those....my
wife's gonna be ****ED!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!

Bubba

--
You wanna measure or you wanna cook?

Ken Davey 31-12-2005 04:53 AM

Body Chains

Sheldon wrote:
Bubba wrote:
cytodd wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Anyone know what a butcher's body chain is used for?

http://www.schlachthausfreund.de/en/...esh/aprons.php

It's used for protection during butchering operations. Also chain
gloves are used...

Thanks. That makes sense, but the body chains I ran across look
like this:

http://twincutlery.hypermart.net/item9110200r.html

The body chains I run across look like this: http://tinyurl.com/88qru

Sure tells us what *you* do in your spare time.
--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'