Old 10-06-2011, 02:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Restaurant chains want to kill this guy

Sales have been slowing at national restaurant chains like Red
Lobster, TGI Fridays, and the Cheesecake Factory recently due to the
increase in gas prices

To make matters worse, more and more people are discovering that they
can save money by making their favorite restaurant dishes at home
following the step by step instructions of Master Chef Ron Douglas.

The so called "secret recipes" of these billion dollar restaurants
have now been exposed and shared with the world in the cooking
instructional guide "America's Secret Recipes."

For details, go to:

http://bit.ly/lijdDa

Douglas is facing major pressure to take down his site and discontinue
all sales of his secret recipe cookbooks. But he continues to thumb
his nose at the greedy restaurant executives in support of the budget
constrained home cook.

Anyone looking to duplicate their favorite restaurant recipes should
pick up "America's Secret Recipes" now before it's forced off the
market.
Go to:
http://bit.ly/lijdDa

Finally you can:

- Stop waiting on those long lines at restaurants to pay for dishes
you can quickly make in your own kitchen!

- Re-create your favorite restaurant dishes at home for a fraction of
the cost by following these easy step-by-step instructions.

- Get kudos and praise from friends and family members when they find
out you actually made these delicious dishes yourself!

- Uncover the cooking techniques used by world class chefs from famous
restaurants.
Discover the secrets to making your favorite restaurant recipes at
home -
go to:

http://bit.ly/lijdDa

Old 10-06-2011, 04:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 9, 9:26*pm, Eric Campbell wrote:
[...]

No thank you. Where I live if someone wants a recipe from a
restaurant all they have to do is to write to the food editor of the
local newspaper and have him ask the restaurant or chef for the
recipe. Most restaurants are happy to oblige.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 21:30:51 -0800, Mark Thorson
wrote:

Eric Campbell wrote:

Sales have been slowing at national restaurant chains like Red
Lobster, TGI Fridays, and the Cheesecake Factory recently due to the
increase in gas prices

If we want mediocre fast-food recipes, we can always
ask Stu for that, not that any of us would. Only a
few people here eat the crap you're spamming.

What made me laugh was that he's trying to *sell* it. If I wanted to
buy it, why wouldn't I just go to the restaurant to buy it - so
someone else would make it for me too?

Old 10-06-2011, 07:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
" wrote:

No thank you. Where I live if someone wants a recipe from a
restaurant all they have to do is to write to the food editor of the
local newspaper and have him ask the restaurant or chef for the
recipe. Most restaurants are happy to oblige.

Also, for me the point of going to a restaurant is NOT having to make it
myself.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases

Old 10-06-2011, 12:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 12:30*am, Mark Thorson wrote:
Eric Campbell wrote:

Sales have been slowing at national restaurant chains like Red
Lobster, TGI Fridays, and the Cheesecake Factory recently due to the
increase in gas prices

If we want mediocre fast-food recipes, we can always
ask Stu for that, not that any of us would. *Only a
few people here eat the crap you're spamming.

If I were a mediocre fast-food recipe, I'd feel insulted.

--Bryan
Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/9/2011 9:26 PM, Eric Campbell wrote:
Sales have been slowing at national restaurant chains like Red
Lobster, TGI Fridays, and the Cheesecake Factory recently due to the
increase in gas prices

To make matters worse, more and more people are discovering that they
can save money by making their favorite restaurant dishes at home
following the step by step instructions of Master Chef Ron Douglas.

The so called "secret recipes" of these billion dollar restaurants
have now been exposed and shared with the world in the cooking
instructional guide "America's Secret Recipes."

You mean I will be able to buy buckets of secret sauces and other great
industrial components that industrial restaurants use? Where do I send
the money?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 18:26:22 -0700 (PDT), Eric Campbell
wrote:

[...]

Secret restaurant recipes have been available in many book form for
years and years. One author updates regularly. Lots of them also
available on the Internet. Google for it.
Janet US
Old 10-06-2011, 01:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article , lid says...

On 6/9/2011 9:26 PM, Eric Campbell wrote:
Sales have been slowing at national restaurant chains like Red
Lobster, TGI Fridays, and the Cheesecake Factory recently due to the
increase in gas prices

To make matters worse, more and more people are discovering that they
can save money by making their favorite restaurant dishes at home
following the step by step instructions of Master Chef Ron Douglas.

The so called "secret recipes" of these billion dollar restaurants
have now been exposed and shared with the world in the cooking
instructional guide "America's Secret Recipes."

You mean I will be able to buy buckets of secret sauces and other great
industrial components that industrial restaurants use? Where do I send
the money?

Gotta say, the guy's a good marketer. He's offering an ebook for 30
bucks--the "physical version" is available for "a small additional
charge" but you have to read all the way through his web page to find
that out. And if you go to Amazon they've got three paper copies for
over 200 bucks a pop with no reviews, suggesting that it's something
rare and valuable--they're through used book sellers so I'd be
interested in knowing how he pulled that off.

OTOH, there's another "secret recipe" line out, by Todd Wilbur, that
goes for 10 bucks on Amazon and has lots and lots of good reviews. I
think if I were in the market for such a book that's the one I would go
with.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:25:55 -0400, George
wrote:

You mean I will be able to buy buckets of secret sauces and other great
industrial components that industrial restaurants use? Where do I send
the money?

No, you misunderstood. He will sell you *recipes* so you can make
buckets of them in the comfort of your own home. You won't even have
to change your t-shirt for dinner.

It always amazes me when people start acting like chain food is haute
cuisine and a standard to strive for.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 10, 5:58*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:
In article , says...

On 6/9/2011 9:26 PM, Eric Campbell wrote:
Sales have been slowing at national restaurant chains like Red
Lobster, TGI Fridays, and the Cheesecake Factory recently due to the
increase in gas prices

Reminds me I quit going to work because I couldn't afford the gas to
get there.

To make matters worse, more and more people are discovering that they
can save money by making their favorite restaurant dishes at home
following the step by step instructions of Master Chef Ron Douglas.

His Amazon bio says he's an ex-finance director. No cheffing on his
resume at all, master or otherwise.

But I could duplicate the heart of the Olive Garden experience with
bagged lettuce and a bottle of Wishbone. Thank the good lord that
Stella D'Oro did not go out of business.

The so called "secret recipes" of these billion dollar restaurants
have now been exposed and shared with the world in the cooking
instructional guide "America's Secret Recipes."

You mean I will be able to buy buckets of secret sauces and other great
industrial components that industrial restaurants use? Where do I send
the money?

One blurb on that page talks about duplicating KFC. Talk about low
expectations.

Gotta say, the guy's a good marketer. *He's offering an ebook for 30
bucks--the "physical version" is available for "a small additional
charge" but you have to read all the way through his web page to find
that out. *And if you go to Amazon they've got three paper copies for
over 200 bucks a pop with no reviews, suggesting that it's something
rare and valuable--they're through used book sellers so I'd be
interested in knowing how he pulled that off.

I couldn't find these at all. Only three Ron Douglas paperbacks, each
around $10. The Kindle versions actually cost more.

OTOH, there's another "secret recipe" line out, by Todd Wilbur, that
goes for 10 bucks on Amazon and has lots and lots of good reviews. *I
think if I were in the market for such a book that's the one I would go
with.

"Master Chef" Ron Douglas's books are also in the $10 range on Amazon.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:37:07 -0700 (PDT), spamtrap1888
wrote:

One blurb on that page talks about duplicating KFC. Talk about low
expectations.

Now hold on!

I know that almost everything in KFC is bad for me health-wise, but I
go to their buffet about twice a year.

While there, I eat all of it. NUM NUM,,,(bad for me),,,NUM NUM,,,(I
know, this is bad for me),,,NUM NUM

I *like* their crunchy chicken!

Hahahahaaha, that was fun.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

The only thing I have gotten at a restaurant that I have wanted to
make at home was the corn cake I got at El Torito. It happened to be
the only few bites I liked from the whole dinner, so I have no plans
to ever return to the restaurant. While I would like to make the exact
same item at home, and I am willing to do the work to make them, I
have no intention of buying a whole book with the hope that it might
be in there. I have found some recipes online for similar items, but
none of them sound like exactly the same thing.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:20:29 +0000 (UTC), Doug Freyburger
wrote:

Making it yourself tends to increase your appreciation for having it at the restaurant.

Absolutely! Remember the Duck with Green Pepper Corn Sauce craze? I
wanted so badly to make it at home, until I finally found a Jr. League
cookbook with the recipe from the restaurant where I ate it and saw
how darned complicated it was. I don't mind doing something special
that has a lot of steps with fairly complicated components; but after
one look at that recipe, I knew I'd rather order it and enjoy the
fruits of someone else's labor.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 14:09:11 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

The only thing I have gotten at a restaurant that I have wanted to
make at home was the corn cake I got at El Torito.

I like it too and it's very much like the one at Chevy's, if you ever
look for a copycat recipe. I haven't tried making it at home, so if
anyone has, I'd like to know how it turned out.

Extinct Chains... [email protected] Restaurants 0 18-11-2016 08:55 AM
Supervalue to sell Albertsons, 4 more grocery chains Janet Bostwick General Cooking 21 14-01-2013 05:12 AM
Question about resto chains. Kalmia General Cooking 2 13-12-2010 05:33 AM
Body Chains Bubba General Cooking 12 31-12-2005 05:53 AM
Upscale restaurant chains? nrmcinc Restaurants 0 20-12-2004 11:02 PM