Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

Default Happy Whatever

I really wanted to send out some sort of holiday greeting but it is so
difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending
someone. So I met with my lawyer yesterday, and on his advice I want to
say
to all of you:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes
for an
environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress,
non-addictive
gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced
within
the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your
choice, or
secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular
persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice
religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and
medically
uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted
calendar
year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of
other
cultures whose contributions to society have helped make Scotland great
(not
to imply that Scotland is necessarily greater than any other country or
is
the only "Scotland" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to
the
race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual
preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely
transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no
promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for
her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is
revocable
at the sole discretion of the wisher.
This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual
application
of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a
subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is
limited
to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole
discretion
of the wisher.

Modest wishes to you all,
Ms. Anonymous (I wish not to offend anyone by disclosing the ethnicity
and
history of my name.)

P.S. Next time, I will send my greetings on slate so the
environmentalists
are not offended. HAPPY WHATEVER!!!

http://www.qpat.co.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 24 Dec 2005 12:28:30a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Ophelia?

> I really wanted to send out some sort of holiday greeting but it is so
> difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending
> someone. So I met with my lawyer yesterday, and on his advice I want to
> say
> to all of you:
>
> Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes
> for an
> environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress,
> non-addictive
> gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced
> within
> the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your
> choice, or
> secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular
> persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice
> religious or secular traditions at all.
>
> I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and
> medically
> uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted
> calendar
> year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of
> other
> cultures whose contributions to society have helped make Scotland great
> (not
> to imply that Scotland is necessarily greater than any other country or
> is
> the only "Scotland" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to
> the
> race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual
> preference of the wishee.
>
> By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:
>
> This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely
> transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no
> promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for
> her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is
> revocable
> at the sole discretion of the wisher.
> This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual
> application
> of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a
> subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is
> limited
> to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole
> discretion
> of the wisher.
>
> Modest wishes to you all,
> Ms. Anonymous (I wish not to offend anyone by disclosing the ethnicity
> and
> history of my name.)
>
> P.S. Next time, I will send my greetings on slate so the
> environmentalists
> are not offended. HAPPY WHATEVER!!!

Thank you, Ophelia! Your greetings are welcomed with open arms and mind.
:-)

Happy Christmas to you! (I don't care what anybody thinks of my saying
that.)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message

> Thank you, Ophelia! Your greetings are welcomed with open arms and
> mind.
> :-)
>
> Happy Christmas to you! (I don't care what anybody thinks of my
> saying
> that.)

Thank you darling.. and to you too)

http://www.qpat.co.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> [...]
>> her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is
>> revocable
>> at the sole discretion of the wisher.
>> This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual
>> application
>> of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a
>> subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is
>> limited
>> to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole
>> discretion
>> of the wisher.
>>
>> Modest wishes to you all,
>> Ms. Anonymous (I wish not to offend anyone by disclosing the
>> ethnicity
>> and
>> history of my name.)
>>
>> P.S. Next time, I will send my greetings on slate so the

Thank you very much Michael, to you too)

http://www.qpat.co.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kathy in NZ

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 07:28:30 GMT, "Ophelia" > wrote:

>I really wanted to send out some sort of holiday greeting but it is so
>difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending
>someone. So I met with my lawyer yesterday, and on his advice I want to
>say
>to all of you:

Happy whatever appreciated.

and from me. Happy Christmas. To those of you who don't celebrate
Christmas, have a happy whatever.

Personally, I don't believe we should be so sensitive about others'
cultures that we can't celebrate our own, while recognising your
posting was tongue in cheek.

I am well on the way to having a merry Christmas. The level of the
wine bottle tells me so.

Kathy in NZ

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

"Kathy in NZ" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 07:28:30 GMT, "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>>I really wanted to send out some sort of holiday greeting but it is so
>>difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without
>>offending
>>someone. So I met with my lawyer yesterday, and on his advice I want
>>say
>>to all of you:
>>

> Happy whatever appreciated.
>
> and from me. Happy Christmas. To those of you who don't celebrate
> Christmas, have a happy whatever.
>
> Personally, I don't believe we should be so sensitive about others'
> cultures that we can't celebrate our own, while recognising your
> posting was tongue in cheek.
>
> I am well on the way to having a merry Christmas. The level of the
> wine bottle tells me so.
>
> Kathy in NZ

LOL good for you))

http://www.qpat.co.uk/

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 07:28:30 GMT, "Ophelia" > wrote:

> P.S. Next time, I will send my greetings on slate so the
> environmentalists are not offended.
> HAPPY WHATEVER!!!

No pixels were harmed in the creation and disbursement of these
greetings.

Holiday Hugs!
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

--
http://www.qpat.co.uk/

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 07:28:30 GMT, "Ophelia" > wrote:
>
>> P.S. Next time, I will send my greetings on slate so the
>> environmentalists are not offended.
>> HAPPY WHATEVER!!!

> No pixels were harmed in the creation and disbursement of these
> greetings.
>
> Holiday Hugs!

Thanks Carol.. big hugs backatcha)))))))))))))))))))))

Posted to rec.food.cooking
George

Ophelia wrote:
> I really wanted to send out some sort of holiday greeting but it is so
> difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending
> someone. So I met with my lawyer yesterday, and on his advice I want to
> say
> to all of you:

Merry Christmas works for me. Besides what do lawyers know about anything?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

--
http://www.qpat.co.uk/

"George" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:
>> I really wanted to send out some sort of holiday greeting but it is
>> so
>> difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without
>> offending
>> someone. So I met with my lawyer yesterday, and on his advice I want
>> say
>> to all of you:
>>

> Merry Christmas works for me. Besides what do lawyers know about
> anything?

Nothing that doesn't cost oodles of money))))