Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

Default REC Cheeseburger Fondue

This might be a fun one for the little guy.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cheeseburger Fondue

Recipe By :Better Homes and Gardens
Serving Size : 30 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : beef fondue

1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound ground beef
sharp cheddar cheese -- 1/4-inch cubes
peanut oil

Combine ketchup, horseradish, mustard, onion, salt, and dash pepper;
let stand 10 minutes. Combine ground beef and bread crumbs; stir in
ketchup mixture. Shape meat around cheese into 3/4-inch balls. Spear
on bamboo skewers.

Pour peanut oil into fondue cooker to no more than 1/2 capacity or to
depth of 2 inches. Heat over range to 375F. Add 1 teaspoon salt.
Transfer cooker to fondue burner. Have meatballs on bamboo skewers at
room temperature on serving plate. Fry meatballs in hot oil about 1
1/2 minutes or until done.

"Originally, "Jazzy Beef Bites""
Source:
"Fondue and Tabletop Cooking"
Copyright:
"©1970 Meredith Corporation"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sarah

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
news
> This might be a fun one for the little guy.
>

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Cheeseburger Fondue
>
> Recipe By :Better Homes and Gardens
> Categories : beef fondue

> 1 tablespoon ketchup
> 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
> 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
> 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 1/2 pound ground beef
> sharp cheddar cheese -- 1/4-inch cubes
> peanut oil
>
> Combine ketchup, horseradish, mustard, onion, salt, and dash pepper;
> let stand 10 minutes. Combine ground beef and bread crumbs; stir in
> ketchup mixture. Shape meat around cheese into 3/4-inch balls. Spear
> on bamboo skewers.
>
> Pour peanut oil into fondue cooker to no more than 1/2 capacity or to
> depth of 2 inches. Heat over range to 375F. Add 1 teaspoon salt.
> Transfer cooker to fondue burner. Have meatballs on bamboo skewers at
> room temperature on serving plate. Fry meatballs in hot oil about 1
> 1/2 minutes or until done.

> "Originally, "Jazzy Beef Bites""
> Source:
> "Fondue and Tabletop Cooking"
> Copyright:
> "©1970 Meredith Corporation"
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Never mind the little guy, I think this one would be a favourite for Gary
too!
Sarah

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:22:48 GMT, "Sarah" >
wrote:

> "Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> news
> > This might be a fun one for the little guy.
> >

> > * Exported from MasterCook *
> >
> > Cheeseburger Fondue

> Never mind the little guy, I think this one would be a favourite for Gary
> too!

LOL! I only had a couple of savory recipes entered. I'll post some
sweeter ones for those so inclined.

Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:22:48 GMT, "Sarah" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
>> news
>> > This might be a fun one for the little guy.
>> >

>> > * Exported from MasterCook *
>> >
>> > Cheeseburger Fondue

>> Never mind the little guy, I think this one would be a favourite for
>> Gary too!

> LOL! I only had a couple of savory recipes entered. I'll post some
> sweeter ones for those so inclined.
>
> Carol

A cheeseburger fondue:

Cook a giant hamburger and heat up some cheez-whiz and cover. Divide into
inch cubes and thread with skewers and cross-skewer with
plastic.toothpicks.

Could also substitute with chicken fried steak and sausage gravy.

I think I suggested that already.

SORRY!

--
Andy
http://tinyurl.com/dzl7h
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

This is the book that most of the fondue recipes I shared came from.
It's thin (96 pages including the index) and can be found at thrift
stores for very little money. eBay will have copies, as well.
http://tinypic.com/ivim3b.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking
kilikini

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
> Andy <q> looking for trouble wrote in
> :
>
> > Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:22:48 GMT, "Sarah"

> >> LOL! I only had a couple of savory recipes entered. I'll post some
> >> sweeter ones for those so inclined.
> >>
> >> Carol

> > A cheeseburger fondue:
> >
> > Cook a giant hamburger and heat up some cheez-whiz and cover. Divide
> > into inch cubes and thread with skewers and cross-skewer with
> > plastic.toothpicks.
> >
> > Could also substitute with chicken fried steak and sausage gravy.
> >
> > I think I suggested that already.
> >
> > SORRY!
> >

> Sounds like a TFM meal to me Hear that kili?
>
> Michael

Yes, but I'm trying to edumacate him. :~) He's getting Swiss cheese fondue
this Christmas. LOL.

kili