Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

Default Nothing tastes good

For dinner tonight I made these
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...ews/views/4224
pumpkin dumplings. I added more spices than it calls for. They tasted okay,
but not nearly as good as the first time. I'm not sure what the difference
was. I also sauteed kale with garlic, one of my standby favorites and I only
ate one bite and gave the rest to David.

I wonder what's wrong with my mouth!

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Member

Location: Queensland, Australia
Smile

it could be that the pumpkin that you used wasn't ripe enough and that the flavour wasn't developed enough i know it sounds weird but look at a banana if it isnt ripe it doesnt have the same sweetness pumpkin is the same.
i always try to buy cut pumpkin so that i can see the flesh the darker the orange colour the better they taste...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bubbo
For dinner tonight I made these
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...ews/views/4224
pumpkin dumplings. I added more spices than it calls for. They tasted okay,
but not nearly as good as the first time. I'm not sure what the difference
was. I also sauteed kale with garlic, one of my standby favorites and I only
ate one bite and gave the rest to David.

I wonder what's wrong with my mouth!

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
__________________
Good food, Great Wine, and excellent company at the dinner table, what more could you ask for!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

johannap73 wrote:

> it could be that the pumpkin that you used wasn't ripe enough and that
> the flavour wasn't developed enough i know it sounds weird but look at
> a banana if it isnt ripe it doesnt have the same sweetness pumpkin is
> the same.
> i always try to buy cut pumpkin so that i can see the flesh the darker
> the orange colour the better they taste...!!!

I wish I had the ambition to cook the pumpkin too, but I needed something easy
so I used canned pumpkin.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
jake

The Bubbo wrote:

> For dinner tonight I made these
> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...ews/views/4224
> pumpkin dumplings. I added more spices than it calls for. They tasted okay,
> but not nearly as good as the first time. I'm not sure what the difference
> was. I also sauteed kale with garlic, one of my standby favorites and I only
> ate one bite and gave the rest to David.
>
> I wonder what's wrong with my mouth!

Might you be developing a cold or a flu?
Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Bubbo

jake wrote:
> The Bubbo wrote:
>
>> For dinner tonight I made these
>> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...ews/views/4224
>> pumpkin dumplings. I added more spices than it calls for. They tasted okay,
>> but not nearly as good as the first time. I'm not sure what the difference
>> was. I also sauteed kale with garlic, one of my standby favorites and I

only
>> ate one bite and gave the rest to David.
>>
>> I wonder what's wrong with my mouth!
>>

> Might you be developing a cold or a flu?

Actually I am just getting over a nasty cold, I bet you're right. Good point.

--
..:Heather:.
www.velvet-c.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Tara

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 05:41:23 GMT, The Bubbo >
wrote:

>For dinner tonight I made these
>http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/re...ews/views/4224
>pumpkin dumplings. I added more spices than it calls for. They tasted okay,
>but not nearly as good as the first time. I'm not sure what the difference
>was. I also sauteed kale with garlic, one of my standby favorites and I only
>ate one bite and gave the rest to David.
>
>I wonder what's wrong with my mouth!

You're probably just a little burnt out with all the rich foods of the
season. Have a few days of simple foods and then food will taste good
again.

Tara