Posted to rec.food.cooking
Maestro Mysterieux

Default OT (completely) How to make a baby stop crying

This is another article from the 1877 book "The Peoples' Library".
I thought that it would probably be interesting to many in this group.

"A Domestic Recipe"
A father, who had passed innumerable sleepless nights, has
immortalized himself by discovering a method of keeping babies quiet.
The modus operandi is as follows: As soon as the squaller awakes, set
it up, propped by a pillow, if it cannot sit alone, and smear its
fingers with thick molasses; Then put half a dozen feathers into its
hands, and it will sit and pick the feathers from one hand to the
other until it drops asleep. As soon as it wakes again, more molasses
and more feathers; and in place of the nerve astounding yells, there
will be silence and enjoyment unspeakable.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 17 Nov 2005 08:40:42p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ?

> This is another article from the 1877 book "The Peoples' Library".
> I thought that it would probably be interesting to many in this group.
>
> "A Domestic Recipe"
> A father, who had passed innumerable sleepless nights, has
> immortalized himself by discovering a method of keeping babies quiet.
> The modus operandi is as follows: As soon as the squaller awakes, set
> it up, propped by a pillow, if it cannot sit alone, and smear its
> fingers with thick molasses; Then put half a dozen feathers into its
> hands, and it will sit and pick the feathers from one hand to the
> other until it drops asleep. As soon as it wakes again, more molasses
> and more feathers; and in place of the nerve astounding yells, there
> will be silence and enjoyment unspeakable.

Hmm... Did no one mention a boiling water bath?

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 17 Nov 2005 09:08:31p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Michael
"Dog3" Lonergan?

> Wayne Boatwright > looking for trouble wrote in
> :
>
>> On Thu 17 Nov 2005 08:40:42p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ?
>>
>>> This is another article from the 1877 book "The Peoples' Library".
>>> I thought that it would probably be interesting to many in this group.
>>>
>>> "A Domestic Recipe"
>>> A father, who had passed innumerable sleepless nights, has
>>> immortalized himself by discovering a method of keeping babies quiet.
>>> The modus operandi is as follows: As soon as the squaller awakes, set
>>> it up, propped by a pillow, if it cannot sit alone, and smear its
>>> fingers with thick molasses; Then put half a dozen feathers into its
>>> hands, and it will sit and pick the feathers from one hand to the
>>> other until it drops asleep. As soon as it wakes again, more molasses
>>> and more feathers; and in place of the nerve astounding yells, there
>>> will be silence and enjoyment unspeakable.

>> Hmm... Did no one mention a boiling water bath?
>>

> That was plain evil Reminds me of the time I stupidly went home to
> view the new niecelette. She had something which made her cry
> incessantly. Since I pride myself on being resourceful, I found the gin,
> vodka and some olives. I proceeded to anesthetise myself. Imagine my
> surprise upon awakening to find the niece nestled into my arms along
> with the evil cat. Yes, all 3 of us were snoozed up on the sofa. The cat
> is mean too.

Yes, it was, wasn't it? Michael, you know I don't abide children. BTW,
how much of the gin and vodka did your niece and cat drink? That might
account for their nestling with you. :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 17 Nov 2005 09:24:13p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Michael
"Dog3" Lonergan?

> Wayne Boatwright > looking for trouble wrote in
> :
>
>> On Thu 17 Nov 2005 09:08:31p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Michael
>> "Dog3" Lonergan?
>>
>>> Wayne Boatwright > looking for trouble wrote in
>>> :

group.

set

molasses

>>> That was plain evil Reminds me of the time I stupidly went home to
>>> view the new niecelette. She had something which made her cry
>>> incessantly. Since I pride myself on being resourceful, I found the

gin,
>>> vodka and some olives. I proceeded to anesthetise myself. Imagine my
>>> surprise upon awakening to find the niece nestled into my arms along
>>> with the evil cat. Yes, all 3 of us were snoozed up on the sofa. The

cat
>>> is mean too.

>> Yes, it was, wasn't it? Michael, you know I don't abide children. BTW,
>> how much of the gin and vodka did your niece and cat drink? That might
>> account for their nestling with you. :-)
>>

> I have no idea. I do recall the martini glass sitting on the table. I
> licked it clean, took the niece to her room and played with the cat. We
> had scrambled eggs, toast and some disgusting frozen hash browns for
> breakfast.

LOL!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Shaun aRe

<Maestro Mysterieux> wrote in message
news
> This is another article from the 1877 book "The Peoples' Library".
> I thought that it would probably be interesting to many in this group.
>
> "A Domestic Recipe"
> A father, who had passed innumerable sleepless nights, has
> immortalized himself by discovering a method of keeping babies quiet.
> The modus operandi is as follows: As soon as the squaller awakes, set
> it up, propped by a pillow, if it cannot sit alone, and smear its
> fingers with thick molasses; Then put half a dozen feathers into its
> hands, and it will sit and pick the feathers from one hand to the
> other until it drops asleep. As soon as it wakes again, more molasses
> and more feathers; and in place of the nerve astounding yells, there
> will be silence and enjoyment unspeakable.

LOL! That's priceless, and such a coincidence considering the old 'recipe
and useful things to know' book I took a look at last night (and just posted
about) contains verrry similar little 'gems of wisdom heheh!

Cheers,

Shaun aRe

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel

In article >,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:

> That was plain evil Reminds me of the time I stupidly went home to view
> the new niecelette. She had something which made her cry incessantly.
> Since I pride myself on being resourceful, I found the gin, vodka and some
> olives. I proceeded to anesthetise myself. Imagine my surprise upon
> awakening to find the niece nestled into my arms along with the evil cat.

Thanks for the lead-in, Michael!

:-)

Sometimes the little ones cry because they are teething. Take a glass,
add two fingers of good whiskey. Dip your finger in and apply to
painful gums. Then, drink the whiskey. You'll feel a lot better!

:-)

(Didn't you forget the vermouth?)

Sometimes they cry for other reasons. Since they can't talk, it's hard
to figure out why. My younger son was very unhappy. The pediatrician
told my wife to stop drinking milk. That didn't make her happy, but she
tried it. He stopped crying! He was breast fed, and something was
coming across that bothered him. He eventually lost that problem, and
now drinks unbelievable quantities of milk.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Denny Wheeler

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 04:24:13 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> wrote:

> We had scrambled eggs, toast and some disgusting frozen hash browns for
>breakfast.

The hashbrowns might not have been disgusting if you cooked them
rather than eating them frozen...

Actually one can get decent-to-good results with frozen hashbrowns,
but they do require practice. I've had the most success by always
covering the skillet I cook 'em in.

--
-denny-
"Do your thoughts call ahead or do they just arrive at your mouth unannounced?"

"It's come as you are, baby."

-over the hedge
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:38:00 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>I seldom use frozen myself so the frozen variety is lost on me. When I
>make hash browns, it's usually from left over baked potatoes. I shred and
>fry them up. I do use frozen in recipes but not often.

I like to run skin-on potatoes through the mandoline into rounds, then
fry them in leftover bacon grease. Yum!

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Hash Browns (was OT (completely) How to make a baby stop crying)

In article >,
Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:38:00 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> > rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>
> >I seldom use frozen myself so the frozen variety is lost on me. When I
> >make hash browns, it's usually from left over baked potatoes. I shred and
> >fry them up. I do use frozen in recipes but not often.

> I like to run skin-on potatoes through the mandoline into rounds, then
> fry them in leftover bacon grease. Yum!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA
>
> "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as
> old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had been as full as the
> waitress's, it would have been a very good dinner."
>
> -- Duncan Hines
>
> To reply, replace "spaminator" with "cox"

Uh, you guys might seriously consider changing the subject line at this
point? ;-)

I've done that with sliced potatoes, and sliced rounds, cut lengthwise,
then coated lightly in oil and sprinkled with salt and various
seasonings, spices or herbs are wonderful baked on a cookie sheet!

Superior to freedom fries IMHO.
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
S'mee

One time on Usenet, Terry Pulliam Burd > said:
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:38:00 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> > rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>
> >I seldom use frozen myself so the frozen variety is lost on me. When I
> >make hash browns, it's usually from left over baked potatoes. I shred and
> >fry them up. I do use frozen in recipes but not often.

> I like to run skin-on potatoes through the mandoline into rounds, then
> fry them in leftover bacon grease. Yum!

Miguel (DH) does this, and includes thin slices of onion as well. You're
rignt, very yummy...

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:

> I like to run skin-on potatoes through the mandoline into rounds, then
> fry them in leftover bacon grease. Yum!
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

Squeaks, you can't imagine how surprised I was to find your fried spud
recipe in a thread about quieting baby's cries. <grin>
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-9-05 finishing in four
parts the trip report from our vacation time in San Francisco
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' > looking for trouble
> wrote in :
>
> > In article >,
> > Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
> >>
> >> I like to run skin-on potatoes through the mandoline into rounds, then
> >> fry them in leftover bacon grease. Yum!
> >>
> >> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> >> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

> > Squeaks, you can't imagine how surprised I was to find your fried spud
> > recipe in a thread about quieting baby's cries. <grin>

> I for one appreciated the recipe.
>
> Michael

Sure - but I'd never have seen it if I hadn't been looking at this
thread.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-19-05 - Shiksa Varnishkes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 07:43:22 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> rummaged among random neurons
and opined:

>Squeaks, you can't imagine how surprised I was to find your fried spud
>recipe in a thread about quieting baby's cries. <grin>

That's one of the many joys of RFC - you just never know eggsackly
just how sideways a thread will go. Ain't this a grand bunch?

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote

> I for one adore this place. You can gab and gossip without too much flack
> and the cooking is outstanding IMO. I'm gonna make Paula Deen's pretzel
> stick thingys later this afternoon. I'm gonna wrap 'em im bacon and broil
> them. Then I'll roll them in some freshly grated parmesan.

Don't they look great? But I think they are breadsticks, just a headsup.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > looking for trouble wrote in
> :
>

> > "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote
> >
> >> I for one adore this place. You can gab and gossip without too much
> >> flack and the cooking is outstanding IMO. I'm gonna make Paula
> >> Deen's pretzel stick thingys later this afternoon. I'm gonna wrap 'em
> >> im bacon and broil them. Then I'll roll them in some freshly grated
> >> parmesan.

> > Don't they look great? But I think they are breadsticks, just a
> > headsup.
> >
> > nancy

> They were breadsticks and they were good. I've got some chuck in the fridge
> and some phyllo. I just might make those burger things today.
>
> Michael <- contemplating <<<<shudder>>>> Xmas shopping and having
> eggbeaters for breakfast - Steven is way busy- lots of patients - I am
> bored stiff at home - house is clean, I'm ready for Turkey day I gots the
> blahs.

I need a "wife" like you Michael. <lol>
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

Nancy Young wrote:
> "sarah bennett" > wrote
>

>>TammyM wrote:

>>>You sound like a wonderful mom to me! Your daughter is going to have
>>>a great sense of humor :-)
>>>

>>why, thank you! do you think you could call my in-laws and tell them?

> You know they'll just tell you your daughter needs discipline.
> Why go there. (smile)
>
> nancy

Actually, they say I discipline her *too* much now. Whatever.
Right now el is "mopping" the kitchen floor with water. I figure it will
loosen all the crud off the floor so when I actually scrub it later
today, it will be easier to clean.

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 20 Nov 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> I for one adore this place. You can gab and gossip without too much
> flack and the cooking is outstanding IMO. I'm gonna make Paula Deen's
> pretzel stick thingys later this afternoon. I'm gonna wrap 'em im
> bacon and broil them. Then I'll roll them in some freshly grated
> parmesan. The people, for the most part, are way cool too.
>
> Michael

post the recipe...will ya?

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

We are on Rfc. If someone want to make a baby stop crying, put him in the
oven >
pan
------------------------------

"Mr Libido Incognito" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 20 Nov 2005 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> I for one adore this place. You can gab and gossip without too much
>> flack and the cooking is outstanding IMO. I'm gonna make Paula Deen's
>> pretzel stick thingys later this afternoon. I'm gonna wrap 'em im
>> bacon and broil them. Then I'll roll them in some freshly grated
>> parmesan. The people, for the most part, are way cool too.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> post the recipe...will ya?
>
> --
> The eyes are the mirrors....
> But the ears...Ah the ears.
> The ears keep the hat up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:05:00 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>In article >,
> "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:

<snip>
>> Michael <- contemplating <<<<shudder>>>> Xmas shopping and having
>> eggbeaters for breakfast - Steven is way busy- lots of patients - I am
>> bored stiff at home - house is clean, I'm ready for Turkey day I gots the
>> blahs.

>I need a "wife" like you Michael. <lol>

Take a number and stand in line, boyo!

TammyM
Posted to rec.food.cooking
TammyM

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:31:27 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>We are on Rfc. If someone want to make a baby stop crying, put him in the
>oven >
>pan

Oh, Pandora, we are two of a kind, peas and carrots are we. If a kid
cries, we're crankily looking for the parent<s> to take care of it
(i.e. shut it up). If a puppy or kitty is in distress, we're THERE,
petting and cuddling and cooing and making it all better :-)

TammyM, last in line when God handed out maternal instincts (where
children are concerned)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

TammyM wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:31:27 +0100, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>

>>We are on Rfc. If someone want to make a baby stop crying, put him in the
>>oven >
>>pan

> Oh, Pandora, we are two of a kind, peas and carrots are we. If a kid
> cries, we're crankily looking for the parent<s> to take care of it
> (i.e. shut it up). If a puppy or kitty is in distress, we're THERE,
> petting and cuddling and cooing and making it all better :-)
>
> TammyM, last in line when God handed out maternal instincts (where
> children are concerned)

Heh. Whenever my 3 year old is behaving in a particularly bratty
fashion, my husband and I tell her in detail how we'll make soup out of
her. Giggles ensue. (Especially when she objects to the possibility of
being cooked with onions. anything but onions. :> )

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"sarah bennett" > ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..
> TammyM wrote:
>> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:31:27 +0100, "Pandora" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>We are on Rfc. If someone want to make a baby stop crying, put him in the
>>>oven >
>>>pan

>> Oh, Pandora, we are two of a kind, peas and carrots are we.

Peas and carrots
ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a kid
>> cries, we're crankily looking for the parent<s> to take care of it
>> (i.e. shut it up). If a puppy or kitty is in distress, we're THERE,
>> petting and cuddling and cooing and making it all better :-)
>>
>> TammyM, last in line when God handed out maternal instincts (where
>> children are concerned)

> Heh. Whenever my 3 year old is behaving in a particularly bratty fashion,
> my husband and I tell her in detail how we'll make soup out of her.
> Giggles ensue. (Especially when she objects to the possibility of being
> cooked with onions. anything but onions. :> )

Gnam gnam! Good with onions! I would put also some pepper >
ROTFLASTC

> --
>
> saerah
>
> "Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a
> disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
> -Baruch Spinoza
>
> "There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
> what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear
> and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is
> another theory which states that this has already happened."
> -Douglas Adams

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

Pandora wrote:
> "sarah bennett" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> . ..
>
>>TammyM wrote:

>>>Oh, Pandora, we are two of a kind, peas and carrots are we.

> Peas and carrots
> ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> If a kid
>
>>>cries, we're crankily looking for the parent<s> to take care of it
>>>(i.e. shut it up). If a puppy or kitty is in distress, we're THERE,
>>>petting and cuddling and cooing and making it all better :-)
>>>
>>>TammyM, last in line when God handed out maternal instincts (where
>>>children are concerned)

>>Heh. Whenever my 3 year old is behaving in a particularly bratty fashion,
>>my husband and I tell her in detail how we'll make soup out of her.
>>Giggles ensue. (Especially when she objects to the possibility of being
>>cooked with onions. anything but onions. :> )

> Gnam gnam! Good with onions! I would put also some pepper >
> ROTFLASTC

MMM... how about preschooler au vin? >

She just asked me what I was "typing about" and I told her. She asked me
if you guys like to "kill pigs and eat them" too. I think I am going to
get plenty of calls from the other kids' parents come schooltime.
(There is already one mom at the playground who gives me the evil eye
because Ellie asked her son if he had a penis.)

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 20 Nov 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> I'm gonna make Paula Deen's
> >> pretzel stick thingys later this afternoon. I'm gonna wrap 'em im
> >> bacon and broil them. Then I'll roll them in some freshly grated
> >> parmesan. The people, for the most part, are way cool too.
> >>
> >> Michael
> >>

> > post the recipe...will ya?
> >

> Which recipe? The bread sticks or the phyllo? I'll find 'em on
> FoodTV.
>

> Michael
>
> --
> ...Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.
>
> All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten.
> He now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and
> has the final say on what is, or is not, posted.
> Send email to dog30 at charter dot net

The pretzel stick thingys recipe...

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr Libido Incognito

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote on 20 Nov 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> Which recipe? The bread sticks or the phyllo? I'll find 'em on FoodTV.
>

> Michael

Easier to find once I wasn't looking for pretzel thingies...

Bacon Wrapped Bread Sticks
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen
User Rating: 5 Stars

1 cup grated Parmesan
2 teaspoons garlic salt or powder
12 slices bacon
24 (4 1/2-inch) long sesame breadsticks (1 package)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a mixing bowl, combine the Parmesan with garlic salt and set aside. Cut
the bacon slices in half so they are approximately 5-inches long. Wrap each
bread stick with 1 slice of bacon, starting at 1 end and ending at the
other. Place wrapped bread sticks on a cookie sheet lined with parchment
paper, and bake for 15 minutes or until bacon is browned. Remove from oven
and immediately roll bread sticks in cheese mixture. Let cool and serve at
room temperature.

Episode#: PA1A09
Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

--
The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"sarah bennett" > ha scritto nel messaggio
. ..
> Pandora wrote:
>> "sarah bennett" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> . ..

>> Peas and carrots
>> ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> If a kid

>>>Heh. Whenever my 3 year old is behaving in a particularly bratty fashion,
>>>my husband and I tell her in detail how we'll make soup out of her.
>>>Giggles ensue. (Especially when she objects to the possibility of being
>>>cooked with onions. anything but onions. :> )

>> Gnam gnam! Good with onions! I would put also some pepper >
>> ROTFLASTC
>>

> MMM... how about preschooler au vin? >

Ohhhhh! Tender! More tender.!!! Gnamm!!!!!

> She just asked me what I was "typing about" and I told her. She asked me
> if you guys like to "kill pigs and eat them" too. I think I am going to
> get plenty of calls from the other kids' parents come schooltime.
> (There is already one mom at the playground who gives me the evil eye
> because Ellie asked her son if he had a penis.)

ROTFL!!!!

>>>--
>>>
>>>saerah
>>>
>>>"Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a
>>>disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
>>>-Baruch Spinoza
>>>
>>>"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
>>>what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear
>>>and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is
>>>another theory which states that this has already happened."
>>> -Douglas Adams

> --
>
> saerah
>
> "Peace is not an absence of war, it is a virtue, a state of mind, a
> disposition for benevolence, confidence, justice."
> -Baruch Spinoza
>
> "There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly
> what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear
> and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is
> another theory which states that this has already happened."
> -Douglas Adams

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

TammyM wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:36:29 GMT, sarah bennett
> > wrote:
>>>MMM... how about preschooler au vin? >

>>She just asked me what I was "typing about" and I told her. She asked me
>>if you guys like to "kill pigs and eat them" too. I think I am going to
>>get plenty of calls from the other kids' parents come schooltime.
>>(There is already one mom at the playground who gives me the evil eye
>>because Ellie asked her son if he had a penis.)

> You sound like a wonderful mom to me! Your daughter is going to have
> a great sense of humor :-)

why, thank you! do you think you could call my in-laws and tell them?

She does have a good sense of humor- though she does have a tendency to
make up nonsensical jokes and then say at the end: "was that a joke? was
it funny?"

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 07:43:22 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> > rummaged among random neurons
> and opined:
>
> >Squeaks, you can't imagine how surprised I was to find your fried spud
> >recipe in a thread about quieting baby's cries. <grin>

> That's one of the many joys of RFC - you just never know eggsackly
> just how sideways a thread will go. Ain't this a grand bunch?

Every time I think about chucking it, I read something you've written
and I'm convinced to stay. (How's that for a line of bullshit?)
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 11-19-05 - Shiksa Varnishkes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"sarah bennett" > wrote

> TammyM wrote:

>> You sound like a wonderful mom to me! Your daughter is going to have
>> a great sense of humor :-)
>>

> why, thank you! do you think you could call my in-laws and tell them?

You know they'll just tell you your daughter needs discipline.
Why go there. (smile)

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:06:07 GMT, (TammyM) rummaged
> among random neurons and opined:
>

>>On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:31:27 +0100, "Pandora" >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>We are on Rfc. If someone want to make a baby stop crying, put him in the
>>>oven >
>>>pan

>>Oh, Pandora, we are two of a kind, peas and carrots are we. If a kid
>>cries, we're crankily looking for the parent<s> to take care of it
>>(i.e. shut it up). If a puppy or kitty is in distress, we're THERE,
>>petting and cuddling and cooing and making it all better :-)
>>

> Then you two are gonna love the bumper sticker I saw a while back:
>
> "I *love* children. I just find I can hardly ever eat a whole one."
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA
>
> "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as
> old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had been as full as the
> waitress's, it would have been a very good dinner."
>
> -- Duncan Hines
>
> To reply, replace "spaminator" with "cox"

I really only like kids who are either related to me or are quiet and
not invading my space. There are some rare exceptions to this, but
usually because the kid is exceptionally bright or well behaved.
--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 12:55:32 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> rummaged among random neurons
and opined:

>Every time I think about chucking it, I read something you've written
>and I'm convinced to stay.

Then, you'll be thrilled beyond words to know that I'll be a posting
maven come Dec. 1 when I become unemployed. I quit, didn't get fired,
and neither one of us is happy about it. It all started with an LA
Times article and a former client...b*stards.

Taking December off - the whole dang family's coming and I'm going to
do the whole Christmas cookie, hard candy presents, whatever
rigmarole.

> (How's that for a line of bullshit?)

Missy, your bullsh*t is always of the highest caliber <g>

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel

In article >,
Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:

> Then, you'll be thrilled beyond words to know that I'll be a posting
> maven come Dec. 1 when I become unemployed. I quit, didn't get fired,
> and neither one of us is happy about it. It all started with an LA
> Times article and a former client...b*stards.
>
> Taking December off

I hung it up August 19. No regrets. I'm not just taking some time off,
though. I have no definite plans of ever going back to work. My wife
was very unhappy, to say the least. She's now adjusted. Finding out
just how much they would pay me not to work helped a lot. She's found a
job also, with much protesting.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA