Kswck

Default Garlic tops

What to do with them other than in stir fry?

PENMART01

"Kswck" wrote:

>What to do with them other than in stir fry?

Soups/stews, salads of all types, in fried eggs, even in breads. I like garlic
tops braised, plain, with pork, especially with fish... essentially any recipe
calling for garlic.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Katra

In article >,
"Kswck" > wrote:

> What to do with them other than in stir fry?

Chicken or Tuna salad,
Also minced up into soups.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Arri London

Kswck wrote:

> What to do with them other than in stir fry?

Put them in salads.
Use them in salad onion/scallion pancakes instead of or with the salad
onions.
Garnish soups.
Add to stuffings.
Wrap them around cubes of meat on skewers.
Add them to steamed buns.
Richard Kaszeta

"Kswck" > writes:
> What to do with them other than in stir fry?

I mix them with other greens and make potstickers.

They are also good mixed into maashed potatoes.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

Kswck

"Richard Kaszeta" > wrote in message
> "Kswck" > writes:
> > What to do with them other than in stir fry?

> I mix them with other greens and make potstickers.
>
> They are also good mixed into maashed potatoes.
>
> --

But do you stir fry them first?

Richard Kaszeta

"Kswck" > writes:
> > I mix them with other greens and make potstickers.
> >
> > They are also good mixed into maashed potatoes.
> >

> But do you stir fry them first?

I use them raw.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich
hahabogus

Richard Kaszeta > wrote in
:

> I use them raw.

For What?...sock liners?

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
Kswck

"hahabogus" > wrote in message
> Richard Kaszeta > wrote in
> :
>
> > I use them raw.
> >

> For What?...sock liners?
>
> --

They seem to be a bit too crunchy raw.
Has anyone steamed them? Do they lose their flavor that way?

Ken Davey

"Katra" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Kswck" > wrote:
>
> > What to do with them other than in stir fry?
> >

> Chicken or Tuna salad,
> Also minced up into soups.
>
> K.

Lay some on the coals of the bbq while grilling - great flavoured smoke.
Ken.

Steve Y

Why are garlic tops (presumably the stem) considered different to any
other memeber of the onion family ?

Kswck wrote:
> What to do with them other than in stir fry?

Kswck

"Steve Y" > wrote in message
> Why are garlic tops (presumably the stem) considered different to any
> other memeber of the onion family ?
>
> Kswck wrote:
> > What to do with them other than in stir fry?

They are tougher than an onion or a clove/head of garlic.

Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:08:27 +0200, Steve Y >
wrote:

>Why are garlic tops (presumably the stem) considered different to any
>other memeber of the onion family ?

They are quite different, whether you consider them or not. What else
grows scafes on the stem?

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

"Nuke the *** whales for Jesus" -- anon T-shirt