Big Tom

Default Advice

Not sur eif this iss the right group - but just moved to Northampton
and looking for recommendation of a good vegetable box scheme. Any
ideas.

Cheers - Big Tom

Dwayne

Good morning Tom. I am not sure what you want. Are you going to plant
veggies in the box come spring, or is the box in the green house, how big is
it, and what kind of veggies are you going to put in it?

You might also try the uk.rec.gardening, rec.gardens.edible, and
england.rec.garden newsgroups. There are a lot of nice people there that
know a lot more than I and they are very helpful.

Dwayne

"Big Tom" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Not sur eif this iss the right group - but just moved to Northampton
> and looking for recommendation of a good vegetable box scheme. Any
> ideas.
>
> Cheers - Big Tom

Doug Kanter

"Dwayne" > wrote in message
> Good morning Tom. I am not sure what you want. Are you going to plant
> veggies in the box come spring, or is the box in the green house, how big
> is it, and what kind of veggies are you going to put in it?
>
> You might also try the uk.rec.gardening, rec.gardens.edible, and
> england.rec.garden newsgroups. There are a lot of nice people there that
> know a lot more than I and they are very helpful.

....and rec.gardens, too.

Ophelia

"Dwayne" > wrote in message
> Good morning Tom. I am not sure what you want. Are you going to
> plant veggies in the box come spring, or is the box in the green
> house, how big is it, and what kind of veggies are you going to put in
> it?
>
> You might also try the uk.rec.gardening, rec.gardens.edible, and
> england.rec.garden newsgroups. There are a lot of nice people there
> that know a lot more than I and they are very helpful.
>
> Dwayne
>

> "Big Tom" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> Not sur eif this iss the right group - but just moved to Northampton
>> and looking for recommendation of a good vegetable box scheme. Any
>> ideas.
>>
>> Cheers - Big Tom

I think what he means is a regular delivery of a box of vetables)

Ophela

Dean G.

Tom,
It doesn't hurt to ask here, but you may get a better response in
uk.food+drink.misc
which will have a larger percentage of people who understand what you
mean.

Dean G.

OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com>,
"Big Tom" > wrote:

> Not sur eif this iss the right group - but just moved to Northampton
> and looking for recommendation of a good vegetable box scheme. Any
> ideas.
>
> Cheers - Big Tom

A local gardening group might be a better bet, but I know some of us
garden...

But, this is a bit vague. Are you looking for a veggie box to store, or
to grow?

If to store, I've had VERY good results using wicker baskets! I get
easter baskets right after easter when they are on sale, and remove the
handles.

Most become veggie baskets in the 'frige, and a few become cat beds. ;-)

Cats love baskets almost as much as they love boxes. <G>

Let me know if you are looking to grow. I have an awesome URL on file
for "pop up" cold frame covers!
--
Om.

Nancy Young

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote

> But, this is a bit vague. Are you looking for a veggie box to store, or
> to grow?

I believe he's talking about those co-ops you join and
you get a share of the produce every week.

nancy

Doug Kanter

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote
>
>> But, this is a bit vague. Are you looking for a veggie box to store, or
>> to grow?

> I believe he's talking about those co-ops you join and
> you get a share of the produce every week.
>
> nancy

I'm putting my money on "plans for a cold frame".

Nancy Young

"Doug Kanter" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> I believe he's talking about those co-ops you join and
>> you get a share of the produce every week.

> I'm putting my money on "plans for a cold frame".

Oh, yeah? Well, we'll just see, Mr. Doug, how much money
we tawkin about?

nancy

Doug Kanter

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Doug Kanter" > wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> I believe he's talking about those co-ops you join and
>>> you get a share of the produce every week.

>> I'm putting my money on "plans for a cold frame".

> Oh, yeah? Well, we'll just see, Mr. Doug, how much money
> we tawkin about?
>
> nancy

A buck three eighty. :-)

Nancy Young

"Doug Kanter" > wrote in message

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Doug Kanter" > wrote
>>
>>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> I'm putting my money on "plans for a cold frame".

>> Oh, yeah? Well, we'll just see, Mr. Doug, how much money
>> we tawkin about?

> A buck three eighty. :-)

(laugh) You're on! Here's my clue ... he said he just moved
to Northampton ... why say where if all he wanted were
plans to a cold frame? Huh? Is there something about the
place that needs a special cold frame?

Big Tom, please come back and clear this up?

nancy

Dean G.

Doug,
Go to the group uk.food+drink.misc and search for the phrase
vegetable box. Google is your friend.
Dean G.

Doug Kanter

"Dean G." > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Doug,
> Go to the group uk.food+drink.misc and search for the phrase
> vegetable box. Google is your friend.
> Dean G.

Not worth the effort. What's a vegetable box.

The Cook

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 20:03:58 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
> wrote:

>"Dean G." > wrote in message
roups.com...
>> Doug,
>> Go to the group uk.food+drink.misc and search for the phrase
>> vegetable box. Google is your friend.
>> Dean G.
>>

>Not worth the effort. What's a vegetable box.

Pay Nancy. She is correct.
--
Susan N.

Nancy Young

"The Cook" > wrote

> Pay Nancy. She is correct.

(smile) I hope so, I could use a buck 3 eighty.

nancy

Doug Kanter

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Doug Kanter" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Doug Kanter" > wrote

>>> Oh, yeah? Well, we'll just see, Mr. Doug, how much money
>>> we tawkin about?

>> A buck three eighty. :-)

> (laugh) You're on! Here's my clue ... he said he just moved
> to Northampton ... why say where if all he wanted were
> plans to a cold frame? Huh? Is there something about the
> place that needs a special cold frame?
>
> Big Tom, please come back and clear this up?
>
> nancy

Ah ha....but what about Northampton, Massachusetts, where a cold frame would
most certainly be useful for 4 months of the garden year?

Nancy Young

"Doug Kanter" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> (laugh) You're on! Here's my clue ... he said he just moved
>> to Northampton ... why say where if all he wanted were
>> plans to a cold frame? Huh? Is there something about the
>> place that needs a special cold frame?
>>
>> Big Tom, please come back and clear this up?

> Ah ha....but what about Northampton, Massachusetts, where a cold frame
> would most certainly be useful for 4 months of the garden year?

Yet it wouldn't be useful three miles to the west in ... Westhampton?
And what would make it special just for vegetables? Can't start
flowers in them. Huh huh?

(smile) nancy

Doug Kanter

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Doug Kanter" > wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> (laugh) You're on! Here's my clue ... he said he just moved
>>> to Northampton ... why say where if all he wanted were
>>> plans to a cold frame? Huh? Is there something about the
>>> place that needs a special cold frame?
>>>
>>> Big Tom, please come back and clear this up?

>> Ah ha....but what about Northampton, Massachusetts, where a cold frame
>> would most certainly be useful for 4 months of the garden year?

> Yet it wouldn't be useful three miles to the west in ... Westhampton?
> And what would make it special just for vegetables? Can't start
> flowers in them. Huh huh?
>
> (smile) nancy

We owe each other a beer.

Nancy Young

"Doug Kanter" > wrote

> We owe each other a beer.

(laugh) Deal. nancy

need some advice sf[_9_] General Cooking 2 23-08-2012 01:20 AM
Need advice Pits09 General Cooking 6 16-11-2009 04:01 PM
SOS , Need Advice Dana L General 1 22-12-2008 10:00 PM
Advice Brian Mailman Preserving 3 02-04-2005 12:00 AM
Superauto advice (UK based but any advice on machines appreciated) Copterman Coffee 5 24-12-2004 07:47 PM