Curly Sue

Default When life hands you garlic bread...

make croutons!

I bought a loaf of my favorite olive bread, or so I thought. But it
turned out to be garlic bread, a bit too garlicky for a regular
choice. Rather than bring it back to the store, where it would be
thrown out, I decided to go with the flow and keep it, although I
didn't feel like freezing it.

It was nice sliced, toasted, and buttered. I just now decided that
I'm going to make fresh croutons with the rest since I have some
romaine and feta. Later I'll pick up a red onion and some kalamata
olives and have a nice salad.

Sue(tm)
Nancy Young

Curly Sue wrote:

> I bought a loaf of my favorite olive bread, or so I thought. But it
> turned out to be garlic bread, a bit too garlicky for a regular
> choice.

Holy crow, is there such a thing?

nancy
Curly Sue

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:40:29 -0400, Nancy Young >
wrote:

>Curly Sue wrote:
>
>> I bought a loaf of my favorite olive bread, or so I thought. But it
>> turned out to be garlic bread, a bit too garlicky for a regular
>> choice.

>Holy crow, is there such a thing?
>
>nancy

Big chunks of partially cooked garlic thoughout the loaf- woo!. It
was fine toasted, but I'm not going to make a sandwich with it. =:-o

Sue(tm)
sf

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:40:29 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> Curly Sue wrote:
>
> > I bought a loaf of my favorite olive bread, or so I thought. But it
> > turned out to be garlic bread, a bit too garlicky for a regular
> > choice.

> Holy crow, is there such a thing?

You copied me! I'm gonna tell my mama on you.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Curly Sue" > wrote in message

> I bought a loaf of my favorite olive bread, or so I thought. But it
> turned out to be garlic bread, a bit too garlicky for a regular
> choice. Rather than bring it back to the store, where it would be
> thrown out, I decided to go with the flow and keep it, although I
> didn't feel like freezing it.

Wow, it is refreshing to hear that someone took responsibility for their own
actions. And you ended up with croutons to boot.

Margaret Suran

Curly Sue wrote:

>>>I bought a loaf of my favorite olive bread, or so I thought. But it
>>>turned out to be garlic bread, a bit too garlicky for a regular
>>>choice.

>>Holy crow, is there such a thing?
>>
>>nancy

> Big chunks of partially cooked garlic thoughout the loaf- woo!. It
> was fine toasted, but I'm not going to make a sandwich with it. =:-o
>

> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Take a couple of slices, butter and bake them, as if you were making
huge croutons.

Make a nice mushroom fricassee and serve it over the hot croutons.
You can add some small fresh peas to the mushrooms. It is a great
appetizer if you have company or a nice meal for yourself.

If I make this, I always rub some fresh garlic into the bread before I
bake it until crisp and with your bread, you can skip this step. )

MS

Curly Sue

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 17:02:08 -0400, Margaret Suran
> wrote:

>>>Holy crow, is there such a thing?
>>>
>>>nancy

>> Big chunks of partially cooked garlic thoughout the loaf- woo!. It
>> was fine toasted, but I'm not going to make a sandwich with it. =:-o
>>

>> Sue(tm)
>> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

>Take a couple of slices, butter and bake them, as if you were making
>huge croutons.
>
>Make a nice mushroom fricassee and serve it over the hot croutons.
>You can add some small fresh peas to the mushrooms. It is a great
>appetizer if you have company or a nice meal for yourself.
>
>If I make this, I always rub some fresh garlic into the bread before I
>bake it until crisp and with your bread, you can skip this step. )

That does sound good- I love mushrooms!

Sue(tm)
JimLane

Curly Sue wrote:

> make croutons!
>
> I bought a loaf of my favorite olive bread, or so I thought. But it
> turned out to be garlic bread, a bit too garlicky for a regular
> choice. Rather than bring it back to the store, where it would be
> thrown out, I decided to go with the flow and keep it, although I
> didn't feel like freezing it.
>
> It was nice sliced, toasted, and buttered. I just now decided that
> I'm going to make fresh croutons with the rest since I have some
> romaine and feta. Later I'll pick up a red onion and some kalamata
> olives and have a nice salad.
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

What time's salad? ;->

jim
Curly Sue

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:36:33 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Curly Sue" > wrote in message
>
>> I bought a loaf of my favorite olive bread, or so I thought. But it
>> turned out to be garlic bread, a bit too garlicky for a regular
>> choice. Rather than bring it back to the store, where it would be
>> thrown out, I decided to go with the flow and keep it, although I
>> didn't feel like freezing it.

>Wow, it is refreshing to hear that someone took responsibility for their own
>actions. And you ended up with croutons to boot.

Awww, shucks ... :> Actually it wasn't my fault. I left out the
part where the loaf was mislabeled, which is why I ended up with it.
I had carefully searched through the bread table for the "Olive Loaf,"
which I really like. But I will take credit for having mercy on the
poor bread-packaging person and not bringing the loaf back to the
store.

Sue(tm)

Nancy Young

Curly Sue wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:40:29 -0400, Nancy Young >
> wrote:

> >Curly Sue wrote:
> >
> >> I bought a loaf of my favorite olive bread, or so I thought. But it
> >> turned out to be garlic bread, a bit too garlicky for a regular
> >> choice.

> >Holy crow, is there such a thing?

> Big chunks of partially cooked garlic thoughout the loaf- woo!. It
> was fine toasted, but I'm not going to make a sandwich with it. =:-o

Oh, sounds like my idea of heaven. Be warned, it woke me up once in
the middle of the night, dreaming of a horrible smell then realizing
it was my armpit!

Still loves my garlic.

nancy
Michael Odom

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 18:36:53 -0400, Nancy Young >
wrote:

>Curly Sue wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:40:29 -0400, Nancy Young >
>> wrote:

>> >Holy crow, is there such a thing?

>> Big chunks of partially cooked garlic thoughout the loaf- woo!. It
>> was fine toasted, but I'm not going to make a sandwich with it. =:-o

>Oh, sounds like my idea of heaven. Be warned, it woke me up once in
>the middle of the night, dreaming of a horrible smell then realizing
>it was my armpit!
>
>Still loves my garlic.
>
>nancy

You made me laugh, Nancy.