Lance M

Default Reheating fried chicken?

I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
chicken?

TIA

Lance

Dimitri

"Lance M" > wrote in message
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

Oven @ 325 degrees or the Nuker.

Dimitri

Peter Aitken

"Lance M" > wrote in message
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

No microwave - the outside will be soggy. Let it come to room temp then put
on foil on a cookie pan in a 450 oven for 5 min or so. This is the only way
I know to retain some of the original crispiness of the skin.

--
Peter Aitken

Yeff

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:17:35 -0500, Lance M wrote:

> How do you reheat fried chicken?

Leave it in the picnic basket sitting in the sun while you go play softball
or swim in the lake.

--

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com
Richard Kaszeta

Lance M > writes:
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?

To quote my native coworkers when I lived in the South:

"You eat it cold, the way God intended. Preferably with a side of
potato salad and some corn bread."

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

zxcvbob

Lance M wrote:

> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

A lot of people eat it cold -- a classic picnic food.
I don't like cold fried chicken, so I usually reheat it in some creamy
gravy with lots of pepper.

-Bob
Becca

Richard Kaszeta wrote:

> To quote my native coworkers when I lived in the South:
>
> "You eat it cold, the way God intended. Preferably with a side of
> potato salad and some corn bread."

What he said!

Becca

Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>"You eat it cold, the way God intended. Preferably with a side of
>potato salad and some corn bread."

Absotively. Like lasnites pizza.
Christine

"Lance M" > wrote in message
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

Here's a trick I learned from a food mailing list I'm on.

To reheat fried foods place on a cookie covered with aluminum foil (I think
shiny side up), place a cooling rack on top of that (like you'd use for
cookies fresh out of the oven) and reheat fried food that way. Works
extremely well with egg rolls.

Chris in Pearland, TX

jmcquown

Lance M wrote:
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

Best way to reheat is slowly in a hot oven. Put the chicken pieces on a
baking rack and heat at about 375F for 30 minutes or so, until heated
through. This will retain the crispiness of the fried coating. Nuking will
result in soft soggy but warm chicken.

Jill

Lance M > wrote:
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?

Do you have a microwave oven? If so, just nuke the chicken on the
medium setting for a minute or two per side. Bigger pieces will take
longer, of course. Or, just eat the chicken cold.

PENMART01

> Dog3
>
>(PENMART01) wrote:

>>>gas or electric?

>> Neither... microwave... don't overheat the breasts.

>Your attachment to breasts is legendary

That would be allatchment. hehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********