FoodBanter.com

-   -   Reheating fried chicken? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/7020-reheating-fried-chicken.html)

Lance M 11-06-2004 07:17 PM

Reheating fried chicken?

I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
chicken?

TIA

Lance

Dimitri 11-06-2004 07:20 PM

Reheating fried chicken?

"Lance M" > wrote in message
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

Oven @ 325 degrees or the Nuker.

Dimitri

Peter Aitken 11-06-2004 07:25 PM

Reheating fried chicken?

"Lance M" > wrote in message
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

No microwave - the outside will be soggy. Let it come to room temp then put
on foil on a cookie pan in a 450 oven for 5 min or so. This is the only way
I know to retain some of the original crispiness of the skin.

--
Peter Aitken

Yeff 11-06-2004 08:18 PM

Reheating fried chicken?

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:17:35 -0500, Lance M wrote:

> How do you reheat fried chicken?

Leave it in the picnic basket sitting in the sun while you go play softball
or swim in the lake.

--

-Jeff B.
yeff at erols dot com

Richard Kaszeta 11-06-2004 08:42 PM

Reheating fried chicken?

Lance M > writes:
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?

To quote my native coworkers when I lived in the South:

"You eat it cold, the way God intended. Preferably with a side of
potato salad and some corn bread."

:)

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

zxcvbob 11-06-2004 08:48 PM

Reheating fried chicken?

Lance M wrote:

> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

A lot of people eat it cold -- a classic picnic food.
I don't like cold fried chicken, so I usually reheat it in some creamy
gravy with lots of pepper.

-Bob

Becca 11-06-2004 09:22 PM

Reheating fried chicken?

Richard Kaszeta wrote:

> To quote my native coworkers when I lived in the South:
>
> "You eat it cold, the way God intended. Preferably with a side of
> potato salad and some corn bread."

What he said!

Becca

Petey the Wonder Dog 11-06-2004 09:51 PM

Reheating fried chicken?

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>"You eat it cold, the way God intended. Preferably with a side of
>potato salad and some corn bread."

Absotively. Like lasnites pizza.

Christine 11-06-2004 09:51 PM

Reheating fried chicken?

"Lance M" > wrote in message
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

Here's a trick I learned from a food mailing list I'm on.

To reheat fried foods place on a cookie covered with aluminum foil (I think
shiny side up), place a cooling rack on top of that (like you'd use for
cookies fresh out of the oven) and reheat fried food that way. Works
extremely well with egg rolls.

Chris in Pearland, TX

jmcquown 11-06-2004 10:05 PM

Reheating fried chicken?

Lance M wrote:
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?
>
> TIA
>
> Lance

Best way to reheat is slowly in a hot oven. Put the chicken pieces on a
baking rack and heat at about 375F for 30 minutes or so, until heated
through. This will retain the crispiness of the fried coating. Nuking will
result in soft soggy but warm chicken.

Jill

[email protected] 12-06-2004 12:26 AM

Reheating fried chicken?

Lance M > wrote:
> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?

Do you have a microwave oven? If so, just nuke the chicken on the
medium setting for a minute or two per side. Bigger pieces will take
longer, of course. Or, just eat the chicken cold.

byakee 12-06-2004 03:30 AM

Reheating fried chicken?

Hark! I heard say:

> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
> chicken?

I bake mine at 325 degrees until it starts to make "frying" noises
(about 15 minutes). That keeps the crust crunchy...

--
J.J. in WA (Change COLD to HOT for e-mail)
~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~

leebee 13-06-2004 08:35 AM

Reheating fried chicken?

august wrote:
> :
>
>>> I got a good deal on some cold fried chicken at the grocery store
>>> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you reheat fried
>>> chicken?
>>>

> I find an oven works well.

gas or electric ?

leebee 13-06-2004 09:06 AM

Reheating fried chicken?

:

>>> store >>> yesterday, but don't know how to reheat it. How do you
>>> reheat fried >>> chicken?

>>> gas or electric ?

> Either would work, I have electric, but I am sure gas works just as
> effectively.

thanks for that heads up !

PENMART01 13-06-2004 02:08 PM

Reheating fried chicken?

>"leebee" snorted:
>
>august wrote:
>> :

>> I find an oven works well.

>gas or electric ?

Neither... microwave... don't overheat the breasts.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Bill T 13-06-2004 02:55 PM

Reheating fried chicken?

:

fried

> || gas or electric ?
>
> Either would work, I have electric, but I am sure gas works just as
> effectively.
>
> --
>
> Do what ye will and harm none.

Heat it in your microwave over on defrost. That way you don't cook it, just
warm it. I own a Chester Chicken operation and always have chicken in the
fridge.
Bill

PENMART01 13-06-2004 05:21 PM

Reheating fried chicken?

> Dog3
>
>(PENMART01) wrote:

>>>gas or electric?

>> Neither... microwave... don't overheat the breasts.

>Your attachment to breasts is legendary ;)

That would be allatchment. hehe