Peter Aitken

Default Fish tacos - not bad!

I ended up dusting the mahi fillets with adobo seasoning and letting them
sit for a while, the 30 min before cooking I added the juice of 1/2 lime. I
brushed them with oil and cooked quickly in a very hot cast iron skillet - a
partial "blackening" effect. Served on warm corn tortillas with mango-black
bean salsa, salsa fresca (traditional tomato salsa), guacamole, and sour
cream. They were really good.

--
Peter Aitken

kilikini

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
.. .
> I ended up dusting the mahi fillets with adobo seasoning and letting them
> sit for a while, the 30 min before cooking I added the juice of 1/2 lime.

> brushed them with oil and cooked quickly in a very hot cast iron skillet -

> partial "blackening" effect. Served on warm corn tortillas with

mango-black
> bean salsa, salsa fresca (traditional tomato salsa), guacamole, and sour
> cream. They were really good.
>
> --

Those sound wonderful, Peter! I'm going to have to give that a try
sometime. Did you make the mango black bean salsa and if so, what did you
include?

kili

Peter Aitken

"kilikini" > wrote in message

> "Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> I ended up dusting the mahi fillets with adobo seasoning and letting them
>> sit for a while, the 30 min before cooking I added the juice of 1/2 lime.

>> brushed them with oil and cooked quickly in a very hot cast iron
>> skillet -

>> partial "blackening" effect. Served on warm corn tortillas with

> mango-black
>> bean salsa, salsa fresca (traditional tomato salsa), guacamole, and sour
>> cream. They were really good.
>>
>> --

> Those sound wonderful, Peter! I'm going to have to give that a try
> sometime. Did you make the mango black bean salsa and if so, what did you
> include?
>
> kili

No, I was lazy and bought it at Whole foods. Really good, though.

--
Peter Aitken

kilikini

"Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
. ..
> "kilikini" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
> > .. .
> >> I ended up dusting the mahi fillets with adobo seasoning and letting

them
> >> sit for a while, the 30 min before cooking I added the juice of 1/2

lime.
> >> brushed them with oil and cooked quickly in a very hot cast iron
> >> skillet -

> >> partial "blackening" effect. Served on warm corn tortillas with

> > mango-black
> >> bean salsa, salsa fresca (traditional tomato salsa), guacamole, and

sour
> >> cream. They were really good.
> >>
> >> --

> > Those sound wonderful, Peter! I'm going to have to give that a try
> > sometime. Did you make the mango black bean salsa and if so, what did

you
> > include?
> >
> > kili
> >

> No, I was lazy and bought it at Whole foods. Really good, though.

cheater! LOL :-D

kili

sf

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:09:04 GMT, kilikini wrote:

> "Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
> >
> > No, I was lazy and bought it at Whole foods. Really good, though.
> >

> cheater! LOL :-D
>
> kili

There's a really good salsa website on the net...
http://www.salsa-recipes.com/

here's their mango salsa (add black beans)

Mango Salsa
Ingredients:
2 Mangos, ripe; peeled & chopped
1 md Red onion; chopped
1/4 c Fresh cilantro leaves
4 Fresh jalapenos; chopped
1 Lime; juiced (about 2T) with rind grated
ds Salt

Instructions:
Mix together and let chill for at least an hour.

kilikini

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:09:04 GMT, kilikini wrote:
> >
> > "Peter Aitken" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > No, I was lazy and bought it at Whole foods. Really good, though.
> > >

> > cheater! LOL :-D
> >
> > kili
> >

> There's a really good salsa website on the net...
> http://www.salsa-recipes.com/
>
> here's their mango salsa (add black beans)
>
> Mango Salsa
> Ingredients:
> 2 Mangos, ripe; peeled & chopped
> 1 md Red onion; chopped
> 1/4 c Fresh cilantro leaves
> 4 Fresh jalapenos; chopped
> 1 Lime; juiced (about 2T) with rind grated
> ds Salt
>
> Instructions:
> Mix together and let chill for at least an hour.

I'm saving that one! Thank you!

kili

Fish tacos Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 11 06-05-2012 07:34 PM
Fish Tacos International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 11-07-2007 05:10 AM
REC: Fish Tacos Pete Romfh Diabetic 1 05-03-2006 11:14 PM
Fish Tacos Snowfeet1 General Cooking 7 04-11-2004 07:41 AM