Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default REC: Fish Tacos

I've de-carbed a traditional version to make this more diabetic-friendly

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Microwave: Mexican Fish Tacos

These are quick, easy, and SO delicious.

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 8
Cuisine: Mexican
Main Ingredient: Seafood-Other
Categories: Low Sugar, Diabetic, Microwave, Simple - Easy, Snacks, Main
Dish, Brunch

-= Ingredients =-
1 pound Fish fillets
1 tablespoon Lime or lemon juice
1 pinch Salt
1 pinch Black pepper
1/2 cup green pepper ; - chopped
1/4 cup Green onion ; - chopped
1/4 cup Hot salsa ; - or taco sauce
2 tablespoons Light mayonnaise
8 medium Tortillas ; - low carb is fine
1 cup Cabbage ; - shredded fine
1 medium Tomato ; - chopped
1/3 cup Plain low-fat yogurt

-= Instructions =-
In pie plate, arrange fillets in single layer with thicker portions at
edge. Brush with lime juice; sprinkle with pinch each of salt and pepper.
Cover and microwave at High for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily
when tested with fork, rotating dish and rearranging fillets halfway
through. Let stand, covered, for 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer
to bowl and coarsely flake fish. Stir in green pepper, onion, salsa and
mayonnaise. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Spoon 1/3 cup
down centre of each taco shell. Divide cabbage and tomato among tacos.
Dollop with yogurt.

Each taco contains an estimated:
Cals: 143, FatCals: 44, TotFat: 5g
SatFat: 1g, PolyFat: 1g, MonoFat: 3g
Chol: 42mg, Na: 311mg, K: 312mg
TotCarbs: 17g, Fiber: 11g, Sugars 2g
NetCarbs: 6g, Protein:17g

** Recipe and photo at: http://www.bigoven.com/recipe111443 **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

For lunch today I replaced the mayo in this with a garlic-lime aioli. It was
even better.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
http://www.bigoven.com/~promfh

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Fish Tacos

Thank-you oh great one. Man, if there was one thing I miss, its fish tacos.
(Del Taco's) I've been tempted so many time to get some(driving my BG
through the roof) and I didn't even think of making them myself. I'm pretty
sure I know what we are having for dinner tomorrow. lol Thanks

--
Joe W
T2 Nov '05

Fish tacos Bryan[_6_] General Cooking 11 06-05-2012 07:34 PM
Fish Tacos International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 11-07-2007 05:10 AM
Fish tacos - not bad! Peter Aitken General Cooking 5 10-09-2005 11:25 AM
Fish Tacos Snowfeet1 General Cooking 7 04-11-2004 07:41 AM