JNJ

Default Spices/herbs for meats.

I am looking for a guide to which spices and herbs are best suited for which
meats as well as what they do to flavor the meats (especially in
combination). Does anyone have any links or tips?

TIA....

James

Kswck

"JNJ" > wrote in message
> I am looking for a guide to which spices and herbs are best suited for

which
> meats as well as what they do to flavor the meats (especially in
> combination). Does anyone have any links or tips?
>
> TIA....
>
> James

This one might help some.

http://food.oregonstate.edu/food_ingre.html

PENMART01

> wrote:
> I am looking for a guide to which spices and herbs are best suited for which
> meats as well as what they do to flavor the meats (especially in
> combination). Does anyone have any links or tips?

Subscribe to Penzeys Spices catalog: <penzeys.com>

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
JNJ

> Subscribe to Penzeys Spices catalog: <penzeys.com>

Ya know, I tried that once before and never did receive anything. I'll have
to fill out the form again.

James

JNJ

> A nice Spice reference
> http://www-ang.kfunigraz.ac.at/~katzer/engl/

Thanks.

JNJ

> This one might help some.
>
> http://food.oregonstate.edu/food_ingre.html

Not quite what I'm looking for, but I'll peruse their links a bit. Thanks!

PENMART01

>> Subscribe to Penzeys Spices catalog: <penzeys.com>
>
>Ya know, I tried that once before and never did receive anything. I'll have
>to fill out the form again.
>
>James

Call: 1-800-741-7787

Mail order companys most generally assign personel for tending to emailed
catalog requests, etc. as a fill-in when nothing else is pressing... often no
one ever reads those catalog requests because some lazy pimply faced pinhead
just deletes a batch in one fell swoop... it's best to phone.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
SS2

Just a mention here for info. We have a Penzey's within driving distance
from here. They have tons of spices and their catalog includes a few
recipes in every issue. I get mine regularly. BUT - my daughter and I have
discovered that some of their spice mixes include MSG that isn't always
listed in the catalog. If you have an intolerance to that you might want to
confirm the ingredients before ordering.

Susie