Ken Blake

Default Coffepot cooking - curry tofu ramen noodles

In news:,
Ken Blake > typed:

> In nk.net,
> chronic hydroponic > typed:
>
>> "Ken Blake" > wrote...

>>> I've eaten in Hilton, Holiday Inn, and Doubletree
>>> restaurants,
>>> too,
>>> and my experience hasn't been better than yours. Clearly,
>>> *you* have
>>> never eaten at any of the better hotel restaurants. Don't
>>> judge the
>>> entire world of hotel restaurants by your very limited
>>> experience. Just as a single example, the restaurant Alain
>>> Ducasse at the Hotel
>>> Plaza Athenée in Paris gets Michelin's highest rating, three
>>> stars,
>>> and is one of the best, if not the best, in the world.
>>> http://eng.plaza-athenee-paris.com/

>> Well I think we're talking about large chain hotels, not ritzy
>> Paris hotels who distinguish themselves through service and
>> gourmet food.

> Well, you might *like* to talk about "large hotel chains," but
> AlleyGator made a blanket statement about *all* hotel food; he
> didn't qualify it by saying ""large chain hotels." I said "it
> depends," pointed out that it's not true of *all* hotels, and
> pointed out that "some of the best meals of my life have been
> in
> hotels."
>
> His unqualified statement is preposterous on the face of it.
> There are many great restaurants in hotels, and all over the
> world, not just in Paris. Had he said that most restaurants in
> large hotel chains are poor, I either would have agreed or not
> bothered replying at all. In fact most chain restaurants are
> poor, whether or not they are in hotels. I even agreed, in my
> first sentence you quoted above, that Hilton, Holiday Inn, and
> Doubletree restaurants are not very good.
>

>> And you pay for that higher quality too.

> Of course. Good food is seldom cheap, whether in hotels or
> elsewhere, and it's probably even more expensive in hotels,
> especially in an expensive city like Paris.

>> comparison to restaurants would have Motel 6 as McDonalds or
>> Burger King, while Hilton would be equivalent to Wendy's in
>> that they offer you the better service of giving you the
>> option
>> of ordering your hamburger without a pickle slice on it.

> Wendy's? Ugh! I'm not a fan of restaurants in Hiltons but I'd
> greatly prefer a meal in the worst Hilton restaurant to the
> best
> Wendy's.
>

>> The
>> Athenee is probably equivalent to Emeril's or better.

> I've never eaten in either and don't know for sure, but going
> by
> Michelin (and other) ratings, my guess is that restaurant Alain
> Ducasse at the Hotel Plaza Athenée is *much* better than
> Emeril's.

An addendum to my point above. I live in Tucson, AZ. The best
four restaurants in town (some might disagree, but hardly anyone
would not rate these four as among the top half a dozen or so)
are all in hotels: Janos, the Ventana Room, the Gold Room, the
Grill at Hacienda del Sol.

If I could afford it, I'd be very happy to rotate among these
restaurants every four days.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

slim

Ken Blake wrote:

> An addendum to my point above. I live in Tucson, AZ. The best
> four restaurants in town (some might disagree, but hardly anyone
> would not rate these four as among the top half a dozen or so)
> are all in hotels: Janos, the Ventana Room, the Gold Room, the
> Grill at Hacienda del Sol.
>
> If I could afford it, I'd be very happy to rotate among these
> restaurants every four days.

WHAT? No great local ethinc food?

--------------------

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/i...now-usat_x.htm

"Other top officials, including Cheney and Rumsfeld, said the war would
last
"weeks, not months.""

http://www.natcath.com/NCR_Online/ar...05/052705w.php

"More than two years into a war that was supposed to be quick and easy,
and
the justification for which has spun from removing a dictator to
eliminating
weapons of mass destruction to fighting terrorism and, finally, to
planting
democracy that would then spread across the Middle East, Iraq is in chaos."

RayGun sends his lackey to kiss Saddam's ass.
http://www.worldmessenger.20m.com/weapons.html#wms

http://www.bushflash.com/thanks.html
WHY IRAQ?: http://www.angelfire.com/creep/gwbush/remindus.html
http://www.quantumphilosophy.net/fil...yan_Medium.mov
http://www.toostupidtobepresident.co...ickenhawks.htm

"Bubba got a BJ, BU$H screwed us all!" - Slim