Nexis

Default Birthday Cake ideas

My niece's 8th birthday is coming up and my SIL has asked me to make a cake
for her. I have always made my kids' cakes, and they're pretty popular
Here are a couple I've done:

http://tinypic.com/71qw6a.jpg
http://tinypic.com/71qwds.jpg
http://tinypic.com/71qwly.jpg

Anyway, she's into horses and Fairly Odd parents, and Sponge Bob, and
softball. Any ideas?

TIA,

kimberly

Pandora

"Nexis" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> My niece's 8th birthday is coming up and my SIL has asked me to make a
> cake for her. I have always made my kids' cakes, and they're pretty
> popular
> Here are a couple I've done:
>
> http://tinypic.com/71qw6a.jpg
> http://tinypic.com/71qwds.jpg
> http://tinypic.com/71qwly.jpg
>
> Anyway, she's into horses and Fairly Odd parents, and Sponge Bob, and
> softball. Any ideas?

Wonderful cakes!!!!! I like the one with grass and rainbow!!!!
Good! Gnam, gnam!
Pandora

Dana

"Nexis" > schreef in bericht
> My niece's 8th birthday is coming up and my SIL has asked me to make a

cake
> for her. I have always made my kids' cakes, and they're pretty popular
> Here are a couple I've done:
>
> http://tinypic.com/71qw6a.jpg
> http://tinypic.com/71qwds.jpg
> http://tinypic.com/71qwly.jpg
>
> Anyway, she's into horses and Fairly Odd parents, and Sponge Bob, and
> softball. Any ideas?
>
> TIA,
>
> kimberly

What do you think of this one?
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/spec...ke/cake_horse/

Dana

Debbie

>>> http://tinypic.com/71qwds.jpg
>>> http://tinypic.com/71qwly.jpg
>>>
>>> Anyway, she's into horses and Fairly Odd parents, and Sponge Bob,
>>> and softball. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>>
>>> kimberly

>> What do you think of this one?
>> http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/spec...ke/cake_horse/

Using a square tin, a baseball diamond would be a cinch for you going on
what you have previous accomplished.

Debbie

Chris

"Nexis" > wrote in message
> My niece's 8th birthday is coming up and my SIL has asked me to make a
> cake for her. I have always made my kids' cakes, and they're pretty
> popular
> Here are a couple I've done:

Those are awesome!! Were the kitten and the little figure on the 2nd
cake edible?

And I loved your Wizard of Oz cake too!

> Anyway, she's into horses and Fairly Odd parents, and Sponge Bob, and
> softball. Any ideas?

Well, given your talent, and building on Dana's idea about the baseball
diamond...how about SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward vs. Timmy Turner,
Cosmo and Wanda? Not sure how to work the horse in there. The figures
could be toy action figures, or frosting characters like you did on your
Oz cake. Whatever you do, please post a picture!!

Chris

sf

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:40:56 -0700, Nexis wrote:

> Anyway, she's into horses and Fairly Odd parents, and Sponge Bob, and
> softball. Any ideas?

SpongeBob's shape would make an easy cake and you could serve Crabby
Patties if you can get the secret recipe outta SpongeBob. Also, when
my son was small, the local bakery made a baseball shaped cake for his
birthday and it was a big hit.
Nexis

"Chris" > wrote in message

> "Nexis" > wrote in message
>> My niece's 8th birthday is coming up and my SIL has asked me to make a
>> cake for her. I have always made my kids' cakes, and they're pretty
>> popular
>> Here are a couple I've done:
>>

> Those are awesome!! Were the kitten and the little figure on the 2nd cake
> edible?

Absolutely! The yarn ball was cake covered in fondant "yarn", and the kitten
was fondant. Stitch was fondant too, as was his surfboard.

> And I loved your Wizard of Oz cake too!

Thank you!

>> Anyway, she's into horses and Fairly Odd parents, and Sponge Bob, and
>> softball. Any ideas?
>>

> Well, given your talent, and building on Dana's idea about the baseball
> diamond...how about SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward vs. Timmy Turner,
> Cosmo and Wanda? Not sure how to work the horse in there. The figures
> could be toy action figures, or frosting characters like you did on your
> Oz cake. Whatever you do, please post a picture!!
>
> Chris

That's a cool idea! I'll have to look at the characters to see how I'd want
to do it.
Thanks again!

kimberly

Nexis

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:40:56 -0700, Nexis wrote:
>
>> Anyway, she's into horses and Fairly Odd parents, and Sponge Bob, and
>> softball. Any ideas?

> SpongeBob's shape would make an easy cake and you could serve Crabby
> Patties if you can get the secret recipe outta SpongeBob. Also, when
> my son was small, the local bakery made a baseball shaped cake for his
> birthday and it was a big hit.

I was thinking of that too, since he is a square
Crabby patties...hmm...what do they look like? Are they on a bun?

Thanks

kimberly

sf

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:19:33 -0700, Nexis wrote:

> Crabby patties...hmm...what do they look like? Are they on a bun?

<BG>

I guess you've "seen" SpongeBob, but you haven't actually *watched*
the show yet... Crabby Patty is a secret recipe and it's a
cheeseburger as far as my eye can tell, but there's something
different about it - which *I think* has to be a secret sauce.

LOLOLOL!

Now go out there and INVENT!

Pan Ohco

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:29:30 -0700, sf wrote:

>On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:40:56 -0700, Nexis wrote:
>
>> Anyway, she's into horses and Fairly Odd parents, and Sponge Bob, and
>> softball. Any ideas?

>SpongeBob's shape would make an easy cake and you could serve Crabby
>Patties if you can get the secret recipe outta SpongeBob. Also, when
>my son was small, the local bakery made a baseball shaped cake for his
>birthday and it was a big hit.

This was the winner in a Gulf Coast contest. I believe I got it from
a local paper,

Crabby Cakes

Recipe courtesy Linda Taglioli

1-cup bread crumbs
1 pound crab meat, shredded and picked over to remove shells and
cartilage
1/2 green pepper, diced small
1/2 red pepper, diced small
1/4 cup carrot, shredded
1/2 small red onion, diced
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Vegetable oil, for frying
Special sauce, recipe follows
Set bread crumbs aside; combine remaining ingredients together until
mixed well. Form mixture into 3-ounce cakes. Roll each cake in bread
crumbs. Place cakes in freezer for 1 hour, to set up. Saute on medium
heat until each cake is golden brown and heated through. Serve with
special sauce.

Special Sauce:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper

In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix well.
Refrigerate until ready to use.

Yield: 1 1/4 cups

Pan Ohco