Otto Bahn

"Chris Lansdell" > wrote

> >> And you, sir, are yet another troll.

> > I'm not very good at this troll thing. We should just
> > make a list so I can put them all in my kill folder.
> >

> That sounds dangerous? How do I work it? I wouldn't want to accidentally put
> someone in a kill folder and risk hurting them. What does it do?

Oh, it's perfectly safe -- in fact it is *safer*.
I put the mean people (and now trolls) in there
and my news server stops accepting their posts.
If more people did this, the trolls would only
beable to troll themselves!

--oTTo--

Nick

Otto Bahn wrote:

> "Nick" > wrote in message
>> Otto Bahn wrote:
>>
>>> "Chris McGonnell" > wrote

>>> A troll is someone who plays stupid. I've guessing trolled
>>> means that someone (shelley) played stupid with me.

>> Is that supposed to be trolling?

> Beats me. Apparently I wouldn't recognize a troll
> if he ate my darn goat.
>
>> Does no one take pride in their work anymore?

> I do.
>
>> This is to good trolling what Sandra Lee is to home cooking.

> I'm not sure what that sentence means, but I think
> you are comparing the recent trolling to frozen pie
> or something. That concerns me, because I like pie,
> frozen or not (troll-away: cook the frozen ones
> first, dumarse).

I was comparing the quality of the trolling to the quality of Sandra
Lee's (semi-homemade) cooking. (Perhaps you thought I meant Sarah
Lee?)
Rose Marie Holt

In article >,
Nick > wrote:

> I was comparing the quality of the trolling to the quality of Sandra
> Lee's (semi-homemade) cooking. (Perhaps you thought I meant Sarah
> Lee?)

ITYM Sara Lee. There are more?

I like pie.
Shaun aRe

"Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
> "Shaun aRe" > wrote

> > > She might just be new at the usenet, but maybe
> > > I do have some egg on my head. She sent me an
> > > email that just said "YHBT. HTH. HAND." What
> > > the hell is that all about?

> > You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day, heheheheheheh!

> You're only three days out of the loop.

Yeah well, I don't read and post weekends - gimme a break! ',;~}~

> The not
> so funny part is that she gave me a virus that
> made outlook send porn to everyone in my address
> book. I do nut like these mean trolls.

Sorry but LMFAO! OMG, that indeed IS mean, but still funny from safely over
here...

> Are there any *nice* trolls?

I know a few.

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe

"Chris McGonnell" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:38:28 +0100, Shaun aRe wrote:
>

> >"Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
> >> "AlleyGator" > wrote

> >> She might just be new at the usenet, but maybe
> >> I do have some egg on my head. She sent me an
> >> email that just said "YHBT. HTH. HAND." What
> >> the hell is that all about?
> >>
> >> --oTTo--

> >You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day, heheheheheheh!

> Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
> using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

If you Google Usenet Troll or similar, should turn up a full explanation,
but basically, it is the name given to a poster who posts solely for the
purpose of stirring people up, causing trouble, getting as much attention/as
many replies as possible, negative or positive, or just taking people in
hook line and sinker with made up bullshit. You have been 'trolled' when
you've fallen for any of it.

Hope that helps!

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe

"Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
> "Marc Goodman" > wrote

> > > I'd think it'd wok just like chicken.

> > I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
> > not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

> It thought it was a chicken substitute in East Asia...?
> Either way, that's a horrible thing to do a domesticated
> aminal.

I think you are supposed to throw them out of the house for a while until
they go wild, then eat them.

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe

"Rose Marie Holt" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Nick > wrote:
>

> > I was comparing the quality of the trolling to the quality of Sandra
> > Lee's (semi-homemade) cooking. (Perhaps you thought I meant Sarah
> > Lee?)

> ITYM Sara Lee. There are more?
>
> I like pie.

Stick around r.f.c. for a while, look for posts by 'Ubiquitous', or just
google Sandra Lee Semi Homemade - the woman is crazy and thinks she is
cooking, by adding packet A to box B and shaking it around some. Etc.

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe

"AlleyGator" > wrote in message
> Kevin S. Wilson > wrote:
>
> >Oh, come on. Why would anyone do something like that?
> >
> >(I'm beginning to wonder who the truly clueless one is here.)

> And you, sir, are yet another troll.

Bingo AG ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe

"Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
> "AlleyGator" > wrote
>
> > >Oh, come on. Why would anyone do something like that?
> > >
> > >(I'm beginning to wonder who the truly clueless one is here.)

> > And you, sir, are yet another troll.

> I'm not very good at this troll thing. We should just
> make a list so I can put them all in my kill folder.

LMAO! Yeah, you'd think that would work eh? ',;~}~

Shaun aRe - They just change their details after a short while to get around
KF's.

Shaun aRe

"shelly" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:47:34 -0400, "limey" > wrote:
>
> >I think you're a troll.

> that's not very nice.

Indeed being a troll never is.

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 14:42:46 -0500, shelly wrote:

> > >Not unless you go by a different name and use a address.

> > sf (if that's your real name and i doubt that it is),
> >

> Oh, yeah... me and OJ are best buds too.
>
> > why are you email stalking me?

> email stalking? What is it, why would I do it and for what purpose?
>
> > anyway, i've been here--using this name and address--for years.

> Prove it. Post a few links to past posts in rfc.
>
> > but perhaps your "here" and my "here" are two
> > different places?

> I have no idea. This is what happens when you crosspost.

Pretty sure she's an a.r.k poster - the type sure fits ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

Nick

Shaun aRe wrote:

> "Rose Marie Holt" > wrote in message
>> In article >,
>> Nick > wrote:
>>

>>> I was comparing the quality of the trolling to the quality of Sandra
>>> Lee's (semi-homemade) cooking. (Perhaps you thought I meant Sarah
>>> Lee?)

>> ITYM Sara Lee. There are more?
>>
>> I like pie.

> Stick around r.f.c. for a while, look for posts by 'Ubiquitous', or just
> google Sandra Lee Semi Homemade - the woman is crazy and thinks she is
> cooking, by adding packet A to box B and shaking it around some. Etc.

And oh does she shake it around.
Nick

Shaun aRe wrote:
> "Chris McGonnell" > wrote in message

>>> You have been trolled, hope that helps, have a nice day,
>>> heheheheheheh!

>> Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
>> using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

> If you Google Usenet Troll or similar, should turn up a full
> explanation, but basically, it is the name given to a poster who
> posts solely for the purpose of stirring people up, causing trouble,
> getting as much attention/as many replies as possible, negative or
> positive, or just taking people in hook line and sinker with made up
> bullshit. You have been 'trolled' when you've fallen for any of it.
>
> Hope that helps!

I just came to this group yesterday but from what I have seen in my short
time here I can give you a concrete example of a troll: Sheldon.
cathyxyz

Nick wrote:

> I just came to this group yesterday but from what I have seen in my short
> time here I can give you a concrete example of a troll: Sheldon.

Oops! Now you've done it.... hope you have a bullet-proof newsreader
Cathy
shelly

on 2005-06-21 at 12:36 > wrote:

>Sorry but LMFAO! OMG, that indeed IS mean, but still funny
>from safely over here...

i can't believe you'd laugh at the misfortunes of others like
that! God will smite you for that!!1!

--
shelly
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette

shelly

what kind of sick ******* cooks an ice cream pie?

--
shelly
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/ (updated 4/3/05)
shelly

on 2005-06-21 at 03:16 > wrote:

>ITYM Sandra Dee. There are more?

IFYPFY

>I like pie.

is that for fnarring? i'm just askin'...

--
shelly
http://home.bluemarble.net/~scouvrette
http://cat-sidh.blogspot.com/
http://letters-to-esther.blogspot.com/ (updated 4/3/05)
Ophelia

"shelly" > wrote in message
arble.net...
> on 2005-06-20 at 22:13 > wrote:
>
>>That concerns me, because I like pie, frozen or not
>>(troll-away: cook the frozen ones first, dumarse).

> what kind of sick ******* cooks an ice cream pie?

You never heard of Baked Alaska???

sf

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:51:12 -0400, TMG wrote:

> Rose Marie Holt wrote:
>
> > Wok macht fry.

> You'd better be talking Freedom Fries there Doktor.
>
> Mmmmmm, freedom......gahhhaaa.

According to the local fish wrap... they're back to being called
french fries again.
Nick

cathyxyz wrote:
> Nick wrote:
>

>> I just came to this group yesterday but from what I have seen in my
>> short time here I can give you a concrete example of a troll:
>> Sheldon.

> Oops! Now you've done it.... hope you have a bullet-proof newsreader
> Cathy

Does he not know?

sf

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:06:02 -0400, Otto Bahn wrote:

> "sarah bennett" > wrote

> > > It thought it was a chicken substitute in East Asia...?
> > > Either way, that's a horrible thing to do a domesticated
> > > aminal.

> > You mean, like a cow, or a goat?

> Well, some people may let a goat in their house,
> but I still don't consider it fully domesticated.

Don't forget about pet pigs.
Otto Bahn

"Shaun aRe" > wrote

> > > I think cat would be a red meat, like dolphin or monkey,
> > > not a white meat like bunny or aligator.

> > It thought it was a chicken substitute in East Asia...?
> > Either way, that's a horrible thing to do a domesticated
> > aminal.

> I think you are supposed to throw them out of the house for a while until
> they go wild, then eat them.

You probably get leaner meat that way.

--oTTo--

Otto Bahn

"Shaun aRe" > wrote

> > The not
> > so funny part is that she gave me a virus that
> > made outlook send porn to everyone in my address
> > book. I do nut like these mean trolls.

> Sorry but LMFAO! OMG, that indeed IS mean, but still funny from safely over
> here...

Yeah, well, now that you're in my outlook,
don't blame me if I send you some pron.

> > Are there any *nice* trolls?

> I know a few.

Trolls are like chigger bites.

--oTTo--

Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 02:41:34 GMT, Nick >
wrote:

>I was comparing the quality of the trolling to the quality of Sandra
>Lee's (semi-homemade) cooking. (Perhaps you thought I meant Sarah
>Lee?)

You're thinking of Sandra Dee's line of "homemade" pastries.

Otto Bahn

"shelly" > wrote

> >ITYM Sandra Dee. There are more?

> IFYPFY
>
> >I like pie.

> is that for fnarring? i'm just askin'...

It wasn't then, but it is now.

--oTTo--

I like pie

Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:30:33 -0500, shelly >
wrote:

>on 2005-06-21 at 03:16 > wrote:
>
>>ITYM Sandra Dee. There are more?

>IFYPFY
>
>>I like pie.

>is that for fnarring? i'm just askin'...

Robert H. Zimmerman thinks so:

Just like old Saxophone Joe
When he's got the hogshead up on his toe
Oh me, oh my
Love that country pie

Listen to the fiddler play
When he's playin' 'til the break of day
Oh me, oh my
Love that country pie

Raspberry, strawberry, lemon and lime
What do I care?
Blueberry, apple, cherry, pumpkin and plum
Call me for dinner, honey, I'll be there

Saddle me up my big white goose
Tie me on 'er and turn her loose
Oh me, oh my
Love that country pie

I don't need much and that ain't no lie
Ain't runnin' any race
Give to me my country pie
I won't throw it up in anybody's face

Shake me up that old peach tree
Little Jack Horner's got nothin' on me
Oh me, oh my
Love that country pie

This post is not about pie.

cathyxyz

Ophelia wrote:
> "shelly" > wrote in message
> arble.net...
>
>>on 2005-06-20 at 22:13 > wrote:
>>

>>>That concerns me, because I like pie, frozen or not
>>>(troll-away: cook the frozen ones first, dumarse).

>>what kind of sick ******* cooks an ice cream pie?

> You never heard of Baked Alaska???

She probably has heard of it Ophelia... did some checking and Shaun was
right.. both "shelly" and "Otto" have wandered over to RFC from
alt.religion.kibology (among others).... They think they are having
"fun" with RFC. Trolls.
Cathy

--
I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:46:55 +0100, "Shaun aRe"
> wrote:

>"AlleyGator" > wrote in message
>> Kevin S. Wilson > wrote:
>>
>> >Oh, come on. Why would anyone do something like that?
>> >
>> >(I'm beginning to wonder who the truly clueless one is here.)

>> And you, sir, are yet another troll.

>Bingo AG ',;~}~

<crocodile dundee>
That's not a troll! THIS is a troll!
</crocodile dundee>

>> Once again, what is a "troll?" I thought it was a noun and you're
>> using it as a verb. You obviously don't mean fairy tale trolls.

>If you Google Usenet Troll or similar, should turn up a full explanation,
>but basically, it is the name given to a poster who posts solely for the
>purpose of stirring people up, causing trouble, getting as much attention/as
>many replies as possible, negative or positive, or just taking people in
>hook line and sinker with made up bullshit. You have been 'trolled' when
>you've fallen for any of it.
>
>Hope that helps!

That certainly does help! It was a slow morning until I saw your
earnest explanation of trollerization. THANKS. HAND. WTF.

cathyxyz

Nick wrote:
> cathyxyz wrote:
>
>>Nick wrote:
>>

>>>I just came to this group yesterday but from what I have seen in my
>>>short time here I can give you a concrete example of a troll:
>>>Sheldon.

>>Oops! Now you've done it.... hope you have a bullet-proof newsreader
>> Cathy

> Does he not know?

Nick,
I was only pulling your chain... Sheldon is certainly not a troll. He
may have some very strong "opinions" but he has been posting to RFC
forever... And is serious about cooking. He can be annoying though. I
have him killfiled at the moment, because I let him get to me, but that
is only "temporary"
Cathy

--
I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it
Otto Bahn

"Shaun aRe" > wrote

> > > And you, sir, are yet another troll.

> > I'm not very good at this troll thing. We should just
> > make a list so I can put them all in my kill folder.

> LMAO! Yeah, you'd think that would work eh? ',;~}~

I put myself in there 'cause there's no point in reading
my own posts.

--oTTo--

Ophelia

"cathyxyz" > wrote in message
> Ophelia wrote:
>> "shelly" > wrote in message
>> arble.net...

>>>what kind of sick ******* cooks an ice cream pie?

>> You never heard of Baked Alaska???
>>

> She probably has heard of it Ophelia... did some checking and Shaun
> was right.. both "shelly" and "Otto" have wandered over to RFC from
> alt.religion.kibology (among others).... They think they are having
> "fun" with RFC. Trolls.
> Cathy

What a bunch of pratts!!

cathyxyz

Ophelia wrote:
> "cathyxyz" > wrote in message
>
>>Ophelia wrote:
>>
>>>"shelly" > wrote in message
uemarble.net...

>>>You never heard of Baked Alaska???
>>>

>>She probably has heard of it Ophelia... did some checking and Shaun
>>was right.. both "shelly" and "Otto" have wandered over to RFC from
>>alt.religion.kibology (among others).... They think they are having
>>"fun" with RFC. Trolls.
>>Cathy

> What a bunch of pratts!!

Amen!
Cathy - who is guilty of "feeding the trolls" and now has egg on her face...

--
I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it
Nick

cathyxyz wrote:
> Nick wrote:
>> cathyxyz wrote:

>>> Oops! Now you've done it.... hope you have a bullet-proof newsreader

>> Does he not know?

> Nick,
> I was only pulling your chain... Sheldon is certainly not a troll. He
> may have some very strong "opinions" but he has been posting to RFC
> forever... And is serious about cooking. He can be annoying though. I
> have him killfiled at the moment, because I let him get to me, but that
> is only "temporary"

Ah, well, perhaps we are differing a bit on definition. After all, trolls
have homes too. Your statement, "because I let him get to me," pretty
much sums up why I labeled him as one. Trolls try to get to you. They
don't have to be unknown. My wife would tell you I tend to be a bit of a
troll in real life at times.
cathyxyz

Nick wrote:

<snipped> (we do that, you know)

My wife would tell you I tend to be a bit of a
> troll in real life at times.

Do you have horns and a tail as well? ... and welcome to the mad-house
(as I was told!)
Cheers
Cathy

--
I don't suffer from insanity - I enjoy every minute of it

Otto Bahn

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote

> >> My kids ARE reading this list. Well, not right this minute, but they
> >> read it sometimes as part of their homework. I home-school them, and
> >> they read the cooking groups as part of their studies in Domestic Arts
> >> (cooking, cleaning, interior decoration, and family values). So I
> >> would appreciate it if ALL of you would watch your language.
> >>

> >Well, theres a case of colossal bad judgement. If you let your kids
> >participate in an open forum with adults, you should expect them to see
> >some language that adults use.

> So now I'm somehow responsible for my kids being exposed to a bunch of
> foul-mouthed barbarians? Way to blame the victim!
>
> It isn't my responsibility to impose manners on manner-less people.
> They should learn to behave like civilized members of society. And
> what that means in these chat rooms is "Watch your language."

And when I ride Durham's subway, I don't expect
my kid to be exposed to foul language either.
"You don't boil underwear with your pasta," my
mom used to say.

--oTTo--

What would a fool do to deserve *that*?

Chris McGonnell

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:07:26 -0400, Otto Bahn wrote:

>"AlleyGator" > wrote
>
>> >Oh, come on. Why would anyone do something like that?
>> >
>> >(I'm beginning to wonder who the truly clueless one is here.)

>> And you, sir, are yet another troll.

>I'm not very good at this troll thing. We should just
>make a list so I can put them all in my kill folder.

So trolls are bad, then? Is it because they "hook" you with a phony
claim or a fictitious mistake and then make fun of you for correcting
the errors? If that passes for humor with them, they're to be pitied.
Now, how do you spot them and let them know that they haven't fooled
you?

--
Chris McG.
Harming humanity since 1951.

John D Salt

Rose Marie Holt > wrote in
:

[Snips]
> Wok macht fry.

TERRRIIII!

All the best,

John.
Marc Goodman

Otto Bahn wrote:
> Trolls are like chigger bites.

They feel good when you rub them with calamine lotion?
FNARR!
Otto Bahn

"Chris McGonnell" > wrote

> >> And you, sir, are yet another troll.

> >I'm not very good at this troll thing. We should just
> >make a list so I can put them all in my kill folder.

> So trolls are bad, then? Is it because they "hook" you with a phony
> claim or a fictitious mistake and then make fun of you for correcting
> the errors? If that passes for humor with them, they're to be pitied.
> Now, how do you spot them and let them know that they haven't fooled
> you?

Are you trolling me? Are you trolling *me*?
You want to troll with *me* motherfscker?!

PLONK! Into the kill folder you go.

--oTTo--

I just keep finding these old recipes Kalmia General Cooking 0 16-12-2013 04:14 PM
Finding Old Recipes jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 10 21-07-2011 04:56 AM
Finding a cause. Roy Boy Winemaking 0 27-11-2005 01:44 AM
Finding Recipes Otto Bahn Baking 203 30-06-2005 05:52 PM