Default How long do I smoke chicken?

Sorry, couldn't find it on Google as easy a question it may be. Is
there a rule of thumb when smoking a chicken as to how long to smoke
it...approximate?

Thank you.

Jude

well,a re you using a bong or a pipe?

sorry, couldn't resist.

Edwin Pawlowski

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Sorry, couldn't find it on Google as easy a question it may be. Is
> there a rule of thumb when smoking a chicken as to how long to smoke
> it...approximate?
>
> Thank you.

Until it is done. Chicken can be smoked at higher temperatures since they
don't need tenderizing. If you can get it up to 350, just cook it the same
as your oven. If you are smoking at 225 to 250, it will take a couple of
hours. Do not rely on the pop up thingie as they are not reliable at long
low temperature cooking.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Do you know where I should put in the thermometer when testing the
chicken? Thank you, Ed. Somebody on here said to cook it at one our
per pound.

Edwin Pawlowski

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Do you know where I should put in the thermometer when testing the
> chicken? Thank you, Ed. Somebody on here said to cook it at one our
> per pound.

Put it in the breast or the thick part of the thigh. It should be done at
about 165, not the 180 that is often used by the nannies at the USDA. they
like dry meat.

Damsel

Melba's Jammin' said:

>Just till you get to the butt.

That was soooooo baaaaaaad! LOL!

Carol

--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States:
Vilco

Mi e' parso che Jude abbia scritto:

> well,a re you using a bong or a pipe?

ROTFLMAO
--
Vilco
Think Pink , Drink Rose'

Roasting Chicken Indoors - Lots of Smoke Dee Dee Cooking Equipment 7 18-03-2007 04:22 PM
how long do you parboil chicken? Butch Barbecue 12 26-08-2006 04:56 AM
How long for smoke? hbienert Barbecue 5 26-08-2006 04:23 AM
Q: How long to smoke a cured ham? Meatchief Barbecue 3 04-05-2004 07:44 AM
Mad Chicken Disease? (long) Not Available General Cooking 2 28-12-2003 11:03 PM