Isaac Wingfield

Default Thos little tail-ends of lamb tenderloin

Eight to ten inches long, as big as a thumb at the big end, tapering off
to a kind of point. Practically no fat at all.

We got some of those to do for Easter dinner. Usually, I just kind of
"lay them out" by making a not-through cut the long way to open it up,
and then follow with couple more so it kind of "lays out flat". Then I
pound them a bit before a quick, hot treatment in a greased pan, kind of
like veal scallopini.

We served them with dried cherries and dried cranberries in a
vinegar-wine reduction.

I've never seen any recipes for the little things, though. How do others
prepare them?

Isaac
Isaac Wingfield

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 03:39:45 GMT, Isaac Wingfield
> > wrote:
>
> >Eight to ten inches long, as big as a thumb at the big end, tapering off
> >to a kind of point. Practically no fat at all.
> >
> >We got some of those to do for Easter dinner. Usually, I just kind of
> >"lay them out" by making a not-through cut the long way to open it up,
> >and then follow with couple more so it kind of "lays out flat". Then I
> >pound them a bit before a quick, hot treatment in a greased pan, kind of
> >like veal scallopini.
> >
> >We served them with dried cherries and dried cranberries in a
> >vinegar-wine reduction.
> >
> >I've never seen any recipes for the little things, though. How do others
> >prepare them?

> Marinate and grill quickly until just barley medium rare. I used
> to get these all the time for $5/lb, and lamb flanks for $4/lb. I
> think they were nuts for selling them this low (for at least a
> year).

I paid $15/lb for the ones I served for Easter.

Isaac

PICs: Tenderloin tail and salad 5Mar12 I'm back on the laptop General Cooking 56 13-03-2012 01:03 PM
This is to thos ewho skimmed through a post and then write response Manda Ruby General Cooking 25 30-06-2010 03:34 PM
Lamb tenderloin Dave Smith General Cooking 6 13-12-2004 10:05 PM
Tail of the Tri Tip mtbchip Barbecue 6 16-10-2004 04:54 AM
Burnt ends Reg Barbecue 6 27-02-2004 05:17 AM