Witchy Way

Default candied ginger

how is this used?

**When I was young we used to go 'skinny dipping'. Now I just 'chunky
dunk'.

witchy

Gregory Toomey

Witchy Way wrote:

> how is this used?

One of the world's largest ginger processing plants is near me in Australia.
The site has lots of usage & cooking tips.
http://www.buderimginger.com/consume...ing_ingred.asp

I prefer the top quailty crystallised ginger which is just made with sugar &
eaten whole. You can also get ginger dipped in chocolate. Its also used in
jams/jellies & in cakes.

gtoomey

David Hare-Scott

"Witchy Way" > wrote in message
> how is this used?

Do you mean the dry sort in powdered sugar or the one in thick syrup?

If it is the dry sort it is just a confection, eat it with both hands.

For the syrupy sort I find a fork is best. Stab a chunk then slide into the
mouth, suck off the syrup and then chew slowly..aaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

The syrupy sort is more versatile, it can also be used sliced thinly as a
garnish on desserts or added to baked puddings. Do NOT throw away the syrup
when you have eaten the ginger. It can be eaten over icecream or made into
a ginger ale by adding soda water.

For ginger heaven icecream use BOTH the sliced ginger and the syrup on top
of your favourite vanilla icecream. The Buderim ginger company makes a
sauce that is this mixture pre-prepared and made a little thicker -
incomparable.

I could go on about ginger all day .....

David

The Joneses

Witchy Way wrote:

> how is this used?

My mum chops candied ginger into oatmeal.
Edrena

CaptCook

> Witchy Way wrote:
> > how is this used?

I eat it as candy. And I do not have to be concerned that someone
will take it all.

Bronwyn Ferrier Ms

(Witchy Way) wrote in message >...
> <<One of the world's largest ginger processing plants is near me in
> Australia. The site has lots of usage & cooking tips.

http://www.buderimginger.com/consume...ing_ingred.asp
> I prefer the top quailty crystallised ginger which is just made with
> sugar & eaten whole. You can also get ginger dipped in chocolate. Its
> also used in jams/jellies & in cakes.
> gtoomey >>

mmmm....I adore candied ginger. I live on the Gold Coast, Qld, and am
thankful the Buderim Ginger shop is not near by -- otherwise I would
have a serious addiction!
I make a beautiful winter dessert of steamed individual pudding with
bunya nuts and ginger. Yum.

Cheers
Bronwyn
acme

"CaptCook" > wrote in message >...
> > Witchy Way wrote:
> > > how is this used?

> I eat it as candy. And I do not have to be concerned that someone
> will take it all.

I've choppped it into very fine pieces and mixed it with homemade
granola; it gives the sweet granola a bit of a bite. I've added it
to banana bread with very good results. I've layered it at the bottom
of blueberry pie - yummy!

acme
A mukluk wearing troll

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:00:01 -0500, (Witchy Way)
wrote:

>how is this used?

I add it pear pies and crisps. Adds a nice zing.

Shirley Hicks
Toronto, Ontario

Candied Ginger z z General Cooking 10 20-02-2012 06:36 PM
Homemade Ginger Syrup and Candied Ginger Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 9 05-08-2011 03:53 AM
Ginger Syrup and Candied Ginger Experiments - Part I Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 5 30-06-2011 08:42 PM
Ginger Icing (Cream Cheese Frosting with Candied Ginger) Judy Bolton Recipes (moderated) 0 04-06-2005 03:17 AM
Candied Ginger Gladys Dinletir Recipes (moderated) 0 07-09-2004 02:14 PM