Default Picnic Baskets

I have found a great supplier for picnic backpacks, coolers on wheels,
picnis totes, wine totes and caddys. Top of the line.....

Edwin Pawlowski

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I have found a great supplier for picnic backpacks, coolers on wheels,
> picnis totes, wine totes and caddys. Top of the line.....

I'm happy for you. I found a great source for light bulbs. Like you, I'm
not going to reveal it and have others get the good stuff before I do.

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Edwin Pawlowski wrote on 23 Apr 2005 in rec.food.cooking

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> >I have found a great supplier for picnic backpacks, coolers on
> >wheels,
> > picnis totes, wine totes and caddys. Top of the line.....

> I'm happy for you. I found a great source for light bulbs. Like
> you, I'm not going to reveal it and have others get the good stuff
> before I do.

Looks more... like a sicamore... to me

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 23 Apr 2005 02:04:25p, wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I have found a great supplier for picnic backpacks, coolers on wheels,
> picnis totes, wine totes and caddys. Top of the line.....

Saints be praised for your great fortune!

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974
-L.

Gregory Morrow wrote:

> Here ya go:
>
> http://www.babeland.com/
>
> [I am not affiliated with the above site...just so ya know]
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

You are a bad man. A VERY bad man!

-L.

Gregory Morrow

-L. wrote:

> Gregory Morrow wrote:
> >
> > Here ya go:
> >
> > http://www.babeland.com/
> >
> > [I am not affiliated with the above site...just so ya know]
> >
> > --
> > Best
> > Greg

> You are a bad man. A VERY bad man!

I am Pierre the Peeper to Katra's Little Annie Fanny ;-D

--
Best
Greg

Serene

Michael Odom > wrote:

> OBPicnics: Last time I had one it was a delight to eat out. What's
> your favorite picnic menu?

Hummus wraps
Brie and grapes (though these days, I'd bring D'Affinois. Like brie, but
creamier)
Nuts or some other salty snack
Sparkling juice
Good company

serene
--
http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
http://www.jhuger.com
sf

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:13:53 GMT, Dog3 >
wrote:

Michael... please fix your return address because for some reason, my
settings can't strip it. You SHOULD display as Dog3, no return
address and the problem is most likely the semi-colon. If that
doesn't work, please try using as your return
email, because Invalid was specifically set up for munging purposes.

Bob

modom wrote:

> OBPicnics: Last time I had one it was a delight to eat out. What's
> your favorite picnic menu?

I recently had a picnic on a rather chilly beach. We had:

A thermos of tomato-orange soup
Pasta salad with ham, olives, fennel, and shaved Parmesan
A loaf of rustic bread
A wedge of Humboldt Fog cheese
A bottle of Quady's Electra

I wrote the following last June:

Over the summer, I plan to go on picnics with my girlfriend on a regular
basis. I came up with the following menus, and thought some of you might
like to see them as well. I can keep everything chilled, but the places
we'll be picnicking don't have any cooking facilities, so everything will be
pre-made and must be eaten chilled or at the ambient temperature. None of
the menus are very extensive; it'll just be the two of us and she's not the
hearty eater that I am.

I welcome comments and suggestions for additional picnic menus, or
suggestions for altering the menus shown. The items with *'s are bought
from a store rather than prepared by me, so if you want any of the recipes
for the items which DON'T have *'s, let me know. Oh, and a couple of the
iced teas are from The Republic of Tea; I've denoted those with a +:

Grilled chicken wraps
Yogurt-cucumber dipping sauce
Lebanese stewed green beans
Baklava

Pan Bagnat
Moroccan Carrots
Saffron cooler
Chocolate Truffles*

Salade Niçoise
Sourdough*
White wine*
Strawberries and cream

Goat cheese torta
Sourdough*
Peaches*
Blackberry-Sage iced tea+

White Gazpacho (she doesn't like tomatoes)
Mixed-starter bread
Cold roasted chicken
Homemade mayonnaise
Chive butter
Marinated artichoke hearts*
White grape juice with lemon
Peach Melba cobbler

Chilled Asparagus-Lemon soup
Herb Bread
Emeril's Lobster and Vanilla Bean Salad
Raspberry-Quince iced tea+
Shortbread cookies

Baba Ghanoush
Pita*
Romaine*
Egg salad
Olives*
Spiced Honey-Lemon Iced Tea
Galub Jamun (Yes, I know it's not Middle Eastern. Sue me.)

Some more picnic menus from last year a

Pasta salad with chicken, soy sauce, scallions, and sesame oil
Romaine leaves: We piled the pasta salad on the leaves and then ate with our
fingers
Fresh plums
Iced jasmine tea

Modified Waldorf Salad: Added Cabrales cheese and used Asian pears instead
of apples
Gewurztraminer grape juice

Crenshaw melon with prosciutto
Muffaletta
Prosecco

Bob

Edwin Pawlowski

"Michael Odom" > wrote in message
> OBPicnics: Last time I had one it was a delight to eat out. What's
> your favorite picnic menu?

Last picnic was at FDR's home in New York. Cheese, fruit, wine, French
bread. We usually carry some stuff like that when we tour the countryside
on vacation.

Dave Smith

Michael Odom wrote:

> Glad to be of service, you Dog, you.
>
> OBPicnics: Last time I had one it was a delight to eat out. What's
> your favorite picnic menu?

A date and a blanket :-)

sf

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:23:39 GMT, Dog3 >
wrote:

> Interesting. You are the only person that has brought this up. I'll change
> it if the change will make you a happy foodie

I'm weird that way. When I change a setting IT HAS TO WORK 100% or I
need to know why it doesn't. I'm betting it's the semi-colon because
of the way the return displays in my news reader. I don't want to get
all scientific on you, but we can eliminate one variable first - the
semi-colon. If the return address still displays, you can try my
leaner, sleeker suggestion of .

Hey - it's sexy and I know you'll like that part. LOLOL!

sf

OB: Food
Dinner tonight (daughter is cooking)

Salmon
an oven roasted (diced) new potato and onion combo
salad of mixed greens and leftover fresh vegetables
(broccoli flowerets, shredded carrot, mushrooms, etc)

dessert - cooks surprise

sf

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:22:37 -0700, Serene wrote:

> (though these days, I'd bring D'Affinois. Like brie, but
> creamier)

Gol dang it all.... I completely forgot to ask my colleague who lives
in Berkeley to make a mercy trip and pick up a wedge of it for me.
Oh, well... a new week is coming. I'll have another opportunity.

And NO, I can't email my request to her - so I have to remember to ask
in person. We had a conversation about her not doing email just a
couple of days ago.
Serene

sf > wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:22:37 -0700, Serene wrote:
>
> > (though these days, I'd bring D'Affinois. Like brie, but
> > creamier)

> Gol dang it all.... I completely forgot to ask my colleague who lives
> in Berkeley to make a mercy trip and pick up a wedge of it for me.
> Oh, well... a new week is coming. I'll have another opportunity.

Do you have her phone number? :-)

If you're near where I work (in Union City), I can take you some.

serene
--
http://serenejournal.livejournal.com
http://www.jhuger.com
sf

On 24 Apr 2005 12:29:02 -0500, Bob wrote:

> A wedge of Humboldt Fog cheese

Is that from Cowgirl Creamery?
Bob

sf asked:

>> A wedge of Humboldt Fog cheese

> Is that from Cowgirl Creamery?

It's from Cypress Grove: www.cypressgrovechevre.com/abtcheese.htm

Bob

Tara

wrote:

>modom wrote:
>
>> OBPicnics: Last time I had one it was a delight to eat out. What's
>> your favorite picnic menu?

bread
cheese
strawberries
wine

Tara

fruit baskets Gary Historic 1 20-09-2007 07:01 AM
Gift Baskets In Germany? john General Cooking 1 15-12-2006 10:25 PM
Where in the UK can I buy Proofing Baskets ? John Baking 2 27-02-2006 03:17 PM
Fabiene Gift Baskets [email protected] General Cooking 1 06-12-2005 04:06 AM
Baskets & Bowls Bruce Wraa Cooking Equipment 0 12-02-2005 11:29 PM